The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I’m know I’m the scourge of this thread but this is a solid point.

When buying cars I do tend to Google around and search forums for the previous owners, to see what the did to them/how they looked after them.
omg the dude revved it in a supermarket carpark. let it go

Soldato
I’m know I’m the scourge of this thread but this is a solid point.

When buying cars I do tend to Google around and search forums for the previous owners, to see what the did to them/how they looked after them.

Lets be honest, you don't. And even if you did, such behaviour would often not yield anything useful. I mean, this scenario as case in point, it's not primarily a motoring forum, sure Kindai might be a member of other forums, including Lambo ones, but might not frequent them as much, or be as open about things like this elsewhere. There's no (easy) way to ascertain if a vehicle (or indeed owner) has a Section 59 issued to them so quite why anyone thinks it's of such consequence as to devalue the car is moronic. Plus, cars like this can change hands across hundreds of miles, with new owners not giving one care as to the previous owners actions (if purchased from a reputable dealer/trader for example).

Soldato
omg the dude revved it in a supermarket carpark. let it go

oi I'm not the police. Rev anywhere you want. Just don't complain when you get told off for it.

Lets be honest, you don't. And even if you did, such behaviour would often not yield anything useful. I mean, this scenario as case in point, it's not primarily a motoring forum, sure Kindai might be a member of other forums, including Lambo ones, but might not frequent them as much, or be as open about things like this elsewhere. There's no (easy) way to ascertain if a vehicle (or indeed owner) has a Section 59 issued to them so quite why anyone thinks it's of such consequence as to devalue the car is moronic. Plus, cars like this can change hands across hundreds of miles, with new owners not giving one care as to the previous owners actions (if purchased from a reputable dealer/trader for example).

Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? Take 2 seconds to do and can yield useful info. Years ago I was looking at a RX8 for sale, found the owners "build" thread, where he had many issues with it. So I avoided the car.

Show me where I said it would devalue the car. :rolleyes: There is a big difference beween desirability and value. They don't aways correlate, you know that right?

Wild how you are mansplaining the purchasing habits of prospective 6 figure value car owners though.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I would sell and then maybe in 12-18 months try to get an STO, they should drop in value by then. But then again those doors, I can't think of anything that has as much presence for the money

Thing is, an STO is still just a huracan and they really arent an "event" to drive like an Aventador stock. Granted round track they are monsters but still, if I was going STO, it would have to have a VF supercharger and the AWD mod done to it. And thats truely dead money you never get back.

OcUK Staff
Thing is, an STO is still just a huracan and they really arent an "event" to drive like an Aventador stock. Granted round track they are monsters but still, if I was going STO, it would have to have a VF supercharger and the AWD mod done to it. And thats truely dead money you never get back.

AWD would make it less of an event.

However having driven a few Huracans in AWD and RWD format I find them boring on the road unless your happy to pedal at 130+ on A/B roads because the car simply feels numb at low speeds. Drove a RWD on track too and have to say the GT3 RS was in another league, my Exige too, the Huracans are mighty fast but faster never means better and as such I just found them boring at legal speeds. Fantastic though If your thing is driving through cities looking fly and revving in Morrisons. ;)

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So being a nice day thought to change the battery.

Nope, being lambo it seems the bracket holding the battery down at the back can only be undone from under the car with the tray off.

None the less, a nice shot of the front end package and suspension.

i.php

Soldato
So being a nice day thought to change the battery.

Nope, being lambo it seems the bracket holding the battery down at the back can only be undone from under the car with the tray off.

None the less, a nice shot of the front end package and suspension.

i.php
My 911 has a battery in a similarish position. It's surprisingly hard to lift a big heavy battery that's really close to the bonnet :cry:. I'm sure it must be something to do with handling but it's still a pita to change (or was anyway).

Associate
Love this thread - I would never get to see pics/vids/SOUNDS! of such an amazing car otherwise.

It's even better since I put a certain someones whining on ignore too :D

My long term plan was always to dream of owning an R8 (and turbo it!) at some point but all the messed up madness in the world has probably put paid to that now :(

Caporegime
My 911 has a battery in a similarish position. It's surprisingly hard to lift a big heavy battery that's really close to the bonnet :cry:. I'm sure it must be something to do with handling but it's still a pita to change (or was anyway).

Puts a big heavy lump at the front but behind the front axle. Helps counter the weight of the engine at the back.

Back
Top Bottom