The Division 2

Caporegime
Have to say I'm impressed with what they've done when you hit 30. The first had real problems with a lack of content and things for agents to do when hitting max level, apart from go into the DZ. Im not sure what its like once WT5 is reached, but I'm in WT3 and I'm a good 40 odd hours into it with plenty still to do.

Soldato
This one isn't too bad and is one of the shortest missions in the game.

You'll need an AR/LMG and a Sniper for the first bit along with a Machine Gun Turret. Take your time to clear the adds.

Then optimise your setup for a shotgun and LMG for the second bit before you rappel down. Change your turret if you feel like it to flamethrower as this can be useful here. Clear the first wave of adds as they spawn in and then the second wave but watch for the tank who has a chainsaw - deploy the flame turret to ignite him and keep him occupied whilst you whittle has armour away with the LMG and then finish him off with a shotty.

Job's a gooden! I solo'd this fairly easily.

Shawrey
I had no problem with the first part. It’s the protect Jeff part I can’t seem to do as I get swamped. It doesn’t help that this prat runs around like a headless chicken, straight into the enemy.

Soldato
I've been going to town on this and frankly i love it.
I'm maxed out on WT4 just waiting for WT5 release and farming recipes doing level 3 control points, projects and black tusk bounties for specialization points. I'm maxed on Survivalist and half way there on Demo.

Need to do the masks and exotics at some but theres plenty of end game even without the actual end game being available yet.

Strange isn't it the game actually feels more complete even without WT5 being there.

Associate
I've been going to town on this and frankly i love it.
I'm maxed out on WT4 just waiting for WT5 release and farming recipes doing level 3 control points, projects and black tusk bounties for specialization points. I'm maxed on Survivalist and half way there on Demo.

Need to do the masks and exotics at some but theres plenty of end game even without the actual end game being available yet.

Strange isn't it the game actually feels more complete even without WT5 being there.

Feel the same here! The game actually opens up at Endgame and just 'feels' right.

WT4 and Gear score 450 here (thanks to some nice mods on the re-spec desk putting some items at around 465 GS). Build is currently 182k defence 45k health 1.5k skill with a 14k UMP and 17k Black Market m60 - obvs demolitionist build.

Any one on Xbox wants to team up? My GT is same as Forum name here :)

Shawrey

Soldato
The Reviver Hive is really useful for solo players as well, if you go down it will drop on the floor and try to revive you automatically.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with this but it's fine for auto reviving me but any time I've thrown it at a downed teammate it's seems to do nothing.

Soldato
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with this but it's fine for auto reviving me but any time I've thrown it at a downed teammate it's seems to do nothing.

Its temperamental to say the least.

Apparently one of the skills effected by remnants of the skill cooldown bug, which may relate to talents proc-ing and making it not trigger correctly.
Was driving me mad soloing Lvl 3 control points so much so i rushed some friends to WT4 to help with the farming.

Soldato
Played it daily since release - had a week off to look after a poorly pup, so perfect timing really :D

I think it's brilliant - it seems to have taken all the best bits of the first, and removed [most] of the things that weren't so good. Currently sat in tier 3, and really enjoy how different the world has become, with enemies that are far more switched on and aggressive - though still not perfect.

Things I did/do hate though (PS4 Pro here) - the 40+ Gig download on day one, that is just pathetic, and a sorry state of games today imo. The glitched missions you cannot complete - where enemies don't spawn, or spawn in inaccessible areas (had one under a manhole cover last night!). And the FPS drops/lag - where the game seems to fall down to 5 or 6 FPS!!! Though I think a closure of the game often sorts this.

Though I detests the whole "Year One" pass **** from Rainbow 6, I am tempted to pick them up for Div 2, providing it adds to the game.

Big thumbs up for me.

Caporegime

Yeah it doesn't seem to be very good when using it on a team mate, even pressing LB when prompted it's hit and miss whether it does anything.

Soldato
Played it daily since release - had a week off to look after a poorly pup, so perfect timing really :D

I think it's brilliant - it seems to have taken all the best bits of the first, and removed [most] of the things that weren't so good. Currently sat in tier 3, and really enjoy how different the world has become, with enemies that are far more switched on and aggressive - though still not perfect.

Things I did/do hate though (PS4 Pro here) - the 40+ Gig download on day one, that is just pathetic, and a sorry state of games today imo. The glitched missions you cannot complete - where enemies don't spawn, or spawn in inaccessible areas (had one under a manhole cover last night!). And the FPS drops/lag - where the game seems to fall down to 5 or 6 FPS!!! Though I think a closure of the game often sorts this.

Though I detests the whole "Year One" pass **** from Rainbow 6, I am tempted to pick them up for Div 2, providing it adds to the game.

Big thumbs up for me.

The main dlc is free. With the year one pass you just get access to it one week early and I think you get a few exclusive missions.

Soldato
I had no problem with the first part. It’s the protect Jeff part I can’t seem to do as I get swamped. It doesn’t help that this prat runs around like a headless chicken, straight into the enemy.

that's one of the things that really narks me about the game, "protect" so and so and they run around with a pistol charging the enemy arghhhhhh.

Soldato
that's one of the things that really narks me about the game, "protect" so and so and they run around with a pistol charging the enemy arghhhhhh.
Yeah. Like just hide somewhere while I kill ****. :p anyways.. it’s a side mission so I’ll leave it til another time. Just hit level 19 and done the DCD mission. It’s tough.. but there’s usually a way to cheese every encounter :p

Soldato
Popping issues seem to have got better now, not noticing it as much. Also been enjoying slowly plodding through missions when I have a moment.

I don't have big long sessions to play games, so I like that there's plenty of options for smaller little things to do if I just get a few minutes to play.

Gunplay and movement definitely seems tightened up and a little more satisfying than D1.

Associate
Going from WT1 to WT4 is quite quick. You just do a few main missions and the strongholds again and the gear score flies up. Took me a few hours over one night.

Don't know whether to bother min maxing after I hit 450? Seems pointless until WT5 comes along. Thinking about running the Vector + Chatterbox with demolitionist and the perks where you heal and do more damage the lower your armour is. Seems a popular one reading up online. Raid might change that though.

Soldato
Going from WT1 to WT4 is quite quick. You just do a few main missions and the strongholds again and the gear score flies up. Took me a few hours over one night.

Don't know whether to bother min maxing after I hit 450? Seems pointless until WT5 comes along. Thinking about running the Vector + Chatterbox with demolitionist and the perks where you heal and do more damage the lower your armour is. Seems a popular one reading up online. Raid might change that though.
That's what am thinking. Just get some money together hunt for good talents to transfer and try out different builds

Soldato
Had a brief sesh last night, hit WT4, gear score around 420 at the moment - but running some **** guns :(

I'm debating whether to continue with Demolition, as I'm finding that the launcher has a terrible range, and not that much splash damage - even with the damaged maxed out, and the extra skill/perk/whatever to increase general explosive damage. Might go back to the sniper rifle, as that thing was devastating!

Still loving the game though, even with the occasional frustration of being unable to traverse really tiny bits of scenery and debris - often leading to your demise against a gold heavy :D

Associate
Tried the Roosevelt Island stronghold on challenging with a group last night and my god is that difficult. The last 2 parts (the end one being the hardest) are mental. Hard enough with all the normal adds but when a couple of hammer bro's turn up to batter you out of cover you've no chance.

After a few failures and people leaving we finally got 2 people with good damage. Best way I found was to clear a few adds then get a person on each side to grab the mini-guns and spawn kill as many adds as they appear while the other two take out more adds/hammers and the middle mini-gun. The randoms didn't have mics so it made it a little harder, probably easier if coordinated.

Anyone else done this on challenging? What was your method because surely there's an easier way and we were just doing it badly.

Can't imagine what heroic difficulty will be like.

@Bigpig ye, I'm also just collecting perks now and still looking for a Vector with Strained if poss. Gonna farm lvl 3 checkpoints for the random attachment drops as they're supposed to be the good ones.

Soldato
Challenging strongholds are annoying and take a long time,

I can clear every Black tusk bounty on the map quicker than running Roosevelt and earn more specialization points.

That said last night the Hard mission was proving harder than it should and i have no idea why, random instant deaths and damage seemed to be not happening like it should, maybe it was a lag issue it was easier to spot on D1 when all of a sudden your striker set wasn't stacking.

Soldato
Okay. Reallly REALLY enjoying this now after skipping that side mission about bees (I’ll get back to it later)

Just hit level 24. Got some great guns and gear. A few elite encounters on specific missions have had my heart absolutely racing. There’s one mission where you gotta fight off a load of reds, two or three purples, followed by another three yellows, THEN the tank flamethrower guy(who chases you down!!). It was intense ! I just about scraped through with a tiny bit of health. Got crap loot unfortunately. But it felt good to complete it ! Another great mission was the one where you fight just outside the Lincoln memorial.

This game feels like it’s absolutely crammed with content. I can’t wait to get home to carry on playing !

Mainly running battle rifle on slot one and LMG on slot 2. Occasionally swapping out battle rifle for sniper. Depending on enemy placement.

Soldato
Challenging strongholds are annoying and take a long time,

Couldn't agree more! Did a couple with a mate last night, we had to pack a weapon of each type, as ammo just got blazed through, and we were down to pistols at one point!

Great fun though, and the drops looked like someone had thrown a load of Christmas lights into the street :D

Back
Top Bottom