The Division 2

Associate
Tempted to pick this up, what is the main differences between the different versions, is the gold edition worth it, or is the base game perfectly fine to get? Not sure given the difference in cost.

Soldato
Tempted to pick this up, what is the main differences between the different versions, is the gold edition worth it, or is the base game perfectly fine to get? Not sure given the difference in cost.
Gold includes the season pass but there's no extra paid content out yet so it's not required.

Soldato
Had a quick bash earlier, a couple of missions. I was pretty disappointed at the popping on the X1X tbh, it takes forever to stream in some textures, really distracting. Feels better than D1, gameplay is pretty decent so far though.

Soldato
Had a quick bash earlier, a couple of missions. I was pretty disappointed at the popping on the X1X tbh, it takes forever to stream in some textures, really distracting. Feels better than D1, gameplay is pretty decent so far though.
Is that on fast travel or first load? I've not noticed any major popping other than first load, but I often make a cup of tea while it's doing that, so by the time I get to the TV everything has loaded in.

Associate
Joined someone last night for a story mission and had a glitch where when they left the group the game thought we were still together. Had random XP popping up everywhere for doing nothing and didn't realize what it was until I went to a settlement and it said 'visiting X's settlement' in the left hand corner.

Just mentioning this so people know what to look for if they get the bug, you don't want this happening and content being done for you without you knowing. Luckily he was leader when we were connected so when I reset the game my stuff hadn't been touched. I'd only done control points and it carried those over to my personal progression.

Soldato
Really enjoying this ! It’s more of the first game, but more refined/better.

I sort of miss the snow of New York though. :p

Level 12 now. Got a full set of blues and a couple of purples. This game has a hell of a lot of content. Been playing for a fair few hours now and only just got level 12.

Associate
I just hit 30 last night and something happened and now I'm thinking oh god what do I do now, so much content. I'm really struggling to not play this game an unhealthy amount. I never played Div 1 but I'm hooked on this. I did the campaign solo though, looking forward to finding some people to play with.

Associate
Played this for about twenty minutes before it gave me such a bad migraine that I am still wrung out two days later.

And yet I can play Anthem until the cows come home.

I'm used to first and third person games requiring me to slowly aclimatize to each one over the course of several weeks ... but ouch. :(

Soldato
Played this for about twenty minutes before it gave me such a bad migraine that I am still wrung out two days later.

And yet I can play Anthem until the cows come home.

I'm used to first and third person games requiring me to slowly aclimatize to each one over the course of several weeks ... but ouch. :(

That's pretty interesting, do you have any idea what might be triggering it, any particular areas? Interested professionally!

Associate
No, idea.

In Anthem when in a Javelin I am flying about leaping from place to place without issue. Lots of SFX going off and I play the light melee javelin, so often turning my view a lot. (The FPS bits in the base do make me queasy, however.)

TD2 I played up until the Whitehouse. Was being careful and moving from cover to cover. There aren't any strobing effects or fast moving bits that I recall.

Usually it takes me a couple of weeks playing in small sessions (start at ten minutes) to build up my tolerance to a game.

I get motion sickness which can include fetching and severe headaches.

Really disappointed as I have heard such good things about this game.

Soldato
Got to the end part of a mission “secure the atrium” getting totally swamped. Just cannot do it. The yellow tank gets a second green bar of health and I just can’t kill it. There’s literally no cover and any cover you do get is easily flanked.

This is the point where I’m now not enjoying the game as it’s just too tough solo. :/ think I’m gonna finish here.

Level 15 and all I’m getting is greens and blues for armour and weapons too. The first game was so much more generous with loot. This game feels stingy as hell. Every container I open is just crap I don’t need.

Back
Top Bottom