*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Woooh Ho... Dawnguard trailer is up.

And the DLC looks pretty damn awesome! Looks like it basically gives vampirism a kick up the butt! Full on Lost Boys style gothic vampire transformation! Oh and yeah, ofcourse theres a storyline too :p

Gimme Gimme Gimme!

and note the crossbow in the Video, And the giants with vampirism!

it looks like the it may be like the undead nightmare for red dead redemption, in that its something that affects the entire game world instead of just visiting a new castle for a couple of new missions

Permabanned
I'm not really that amazed by it. It looks alright but I can't help but think it's content that should have been in the original not in a DLC. I guess the golden days of gaming are long gone.

The thing about the golden days of gaming is that its subjective. As we get older and say good bye to our personal golden age, the next generation is experiencing theirs.

Caporegime
I'm not really that amazed by it. It looks alright but I can't help but think it's content that should have been in the original not in a DLC. I guess the golden days of gaming are long gone.

In the golden age this would have been an expansion pack.

I bought loads of expansion packs for games that were quality.

Soldato
OP

You cant expect them to put everything they come up with in the original game. It would never be released!

As said, in the past Bethesda released expansion packs. Bloodmoon and Tribunal for Morrowind. Only difference is now, we download it as DLC!

I mean I suppose you could say Morrowind should have been released with bloodmoon and tribunal included in the original game. Which yes, fair enough. It would have been better! But no doubt they were only concepts at release. Maybe not even that!

Basically expecting content to be in the original game needs a cut off point, You cant expect developers to sit on a game until anything they conceive is in it. Hell even if they did that, I'm sure DLC would hit when they think of something else!

And I cant see a downside to that personally. How could you possibly?

Soldato
I just don't think it adds enough really. It looks like a watered down expansion pack. But maybe I'm missing something. That said something is better than nothing but crossbows, horseback fighting and a Vampire storyline could have easily been in the game.

I remember paying for the C&C Tiberian Sun, Firestorm expansion and that was massive and took it in a completely different direction (IIRC).

Caporegime
So Dawnguard is out today, who is downloading straight away? Or are you going to wait to see about the bugs?

I cannot wait for this it looks immense, and bearing in mind it's about 10-20 hours of game time it's longer than some retail games.

Which side will you choose? I'm thinking of branching off with two saves one on either faction, but my first port of call is certainly going to be siding with the vampires. :D

Soldato
I started playing Skyrim again last week, still finding stuff to do (haven't finished main quest either) 143 hours or so in :D Think I'm going to finish it before I get Dawnguard (I can't afford it anyway :p), can't wait to have a go with the crossbow and do some more exploring :)

Soldato
I actually only just got back into playing Skyrim since Xmas. I'm still on the main quest, so is it worth me buying the add-on? Or waiting till I finish the main story? What do you reckon?

Caporegime
It doesn't make any difference to the main story from what I have read. To start Dawnguard all you have to be is a minimum of level 10.

I haven't even done Diplomatic Immunity yet, I just keep wandering off and finding other things to do (I restored the Dark Brotherhood and I'm also leader of the Thieves Guild now), I have been levelling up all my skills recently and now I have my legendary Daedric armour and legendary Daedric great sword along with the perk that makes my armour weigh nothing I feel like progressing a bit further in the story. But Dawnguard should divert me a little bit more as well. I just like finding all the dungeons to go into, found a couple I need to clear out in the North East of Skyrim in the ice realm.

:D

Mounted combat, Dragon bone weapons and crossbows will give me something else to mess around with to no doubt.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still nowhere near getting daedric equipment, only level 56 in smithing, it's still very rewarding on master difficultly as occasionally a Draugr deathlord will take me down with 1 shot if he happens to have ebony arrorws :) Must admit I'm looking forward to being able to upgrade the glass armour I've been collecting for the past 40 hours :D

Caporegime
I have no shame in admiting I boosted my smithing skill making iron daggers as I wanted the stuff so badly after I got a few Daedra hearts.

I don't always use the Daedric stuff, sometimes I mix it up with the Mace of Molag Bal and the Jabberwock if I'm feeling lucky. I also like to use my bow and arrow sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom