The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Associate
I'm surprised people find making money difficult. Although obviously you do need a certain dedication to collecting all the loot from dungeons, even if you have to go through them a couple of times once you've cleared out the inhabitants. And a similar level of dedication to trapsing between towns selling it all to traders before carrying on with quests.

I'm level 51, own all the homes except the one in Windhelm, all of them kitted out to the max, and I have 275k gold. Making money seems crazily easy - but also totally pointless - I'm never going to spend all the money I have, so should really quit with the obsessive looting and selling!

Associate
I'm surprised people find making money difficult. Although obviously you do need a certain dedication to collecting all the loot from dungeons, even if you have to go through them a couple of times once you've cleared out the inhabitants. And a similar level of dedication to trapsing between towns selling it all to traders before carrying on with quests.

I'm level 51, own all the homes except the one in Windhelm, all of them kitted out to the max, and I have 275k gold. Making money seems crazily easy - but also totally pointless - I'm never going to spend all the money I have, so should really quit with the obsessive looting and selling!

I'm level 58 and have 500k in gold and found making money pretty easy as well, got a lot of my money from selling potions. Got all the five houses plus the top floor of the college, concentrating now on alchemy and enchantments.Got to say this is one of the best games I've played in the last couple of years 350 hours so far. My advice to anyone just starting out is take things slow and enjoy.

Soldato
Nice video, and if the CK does have a high-res texture pack as well, that'd be awesome.

Hit about 100k coins, for the achievement, and am now just spending them here and there - have a huge stash of alchemy ingredients. Really should get more than the Whiterun house... Could afford to buy the lot up, just haven't been bothered yet xD

Whiterun is so nicely situated, although some of the others are quite pretty. Have finally got around to finishing all the 'guild' quests now. Well apart from the bards guild.

kd

Last edited:
Associate
Nice video, and if the CK does have a high-res texture pack as well, that'd be awesome.

Hit about 100k coins, for the achievement, and am now just spending them here and there - have a huge stash of alchemy ingredients. Really should get more than the Whiterun house... Could afford to buy the lot up, just haven't been bothered yet xD

Whiterun is so nicely situated, although some of the others are quite pretty. Have finally got around to finishing all the 'guild' quests now. Well apart from the bards guild.

kd
found the Bards guild pretty good as you don't get paid in money for their quests.

Soldato
Ultra settings + Modded - logical no?

would you rather I went with something quaint? like 'The Beauty of Skyrim'? Already 50+ videos on youtube under that title I'm afraid.

Soldato
Most of your usual ones, flora, lush trees/grass, HD/2k furniture/wood/world textures, distant terrain, re-def dungeons, with enb shaders with tweaked inis

...but I'm going to constantly be trying out diff mods for each video so...as long as it looks nice, then I'm like whatever :D

Last edited:
Soldato
...but I'm going to constantly be trying out diff mods for each video so...as long as it looks nice, then I'm like whatever :D

Which is precisely why you should be listing the mods in the description of your videos, preferably with links to relevant Skyrim Nexus pages.

Unless you're just showing it off to us, that is.

Soldato
were you expecting a circlejerk to follow?

...you don't see that as having a degree of aggression in your post?

You complain about the title and then say it's a pointless video anyway. If you wanted to know what mods I was using and had just asked in the first place, I'd have told you.

I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know how to turn off the screenshots in Skyrim? :)

I have set bAllowScreenshots=0 in any .ini I can find, but it still takes screenshots when I press PrintScreen (my Fraps screenshot key).

Soldato
...you don't see that as having a degree of aggression in your post?

You complain about the title and then say it's a pointless video anyway. If you wanted to know what mods I was using and had just asked in the first place, I'd have told you.

I'll leave it there.

I'm not sure what you were expecting then, I've tried to give you some feedback on the video, the montage is all fine so I only mentioned that the title doesn't really represent what the footage shows - you should have included the mods that make appearance in the description.

That's just my opinion and I also added that if you've done that for OcUK members to see then you don't need to change the description as you can just post what mods you're using here.

In no way was I trying to come off as aggressive.

Nice video although YouTube's compression degrades the quality significantly.

Back
Top Bottom