The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Erm, the sharpen mod doesn't work with 3rd party things that put overlays on etc. There have been reports of conflicts with these third party programs. Personally I am running fraps and it has been flawless.
On the mod page itself

PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEM WITH CRASHING READ HERE:
It seems that Fps monitoring programs and tray tools such as ati tray tools cause the game to crash. Disable any of thoose and it should work flawlessly.

Neil did the sharpener stop your game from starting? If so why didn't you delete the mod files instead of reinstalling...

These mods don't modify the game play. They are graphical improvements. Are you saying you shouldn't mod the game to look better? Some of the comments are making me think you haven't even looked at what the mods do!

Last edited:
Erm, the sharpen mod doesn't work with 3rd party things that put overlays on etc. There have been reports of conflicts with these third party programs. Personally I am running fraps and it has been flawless.
On the mod page itself

Neil did the sharpener stop your game from starting? If so why didn't you delete the mod files instead of reinstalling...

These mods don't modify the game play. They are graphical improvements. Are you saying you shouldn't mod the game to look better? Some of the comments are making me think you haven't even looked at what the mods do!

Lol Why didn't you... Well probably because I did? ;)

I installed the mod exactly and ran into a few issues as explained already, it said to disable the mod go into said file then edit the line. I did that which did uninstall the sharpen but my osd would still not work and the FXSAA? was still applied. Deleted the files that only the mod installed which didn't come with the game and that was it, game didn't load. It kept on kicking me back to the desktop.

Wouldn't recommend the mod at this time personally, but anyway the game has been reinstalled. Didn't take too long

Are you saying you shouldn't mod the game to look better?

Never said that at all, I was talking to someone else. Geesh you're bad for saying things I never said :p

What on earth neil... come on... deleting those lines removed the sharpening effect only. to remove the mod you delete the 4 files it added. That's all.

I don't understand how people can find adding and removing files for the game so difficult, it is one of the easiest mod installation systems in the world!

What on earth neil... come on... deleting those lines removed the sharpening effect only. to remove the mod you delete the 4 files it added. That's all.

I don't understand how people can find adding and removing files for the game so difficult, it is one of the easiest mod installation systems in the world!

THAT'S WHAT I DID

*********** ARGHHH

:mad::(

Of course, but I've been trying to get used to the gamepad and modding the game so haven't really played much :D

I'm all settled now though so I'm going back to mouse/keyboard to have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom