The Emirates FA Cup Final Man City v Man Utd ** Spoilers ** [Saturday 25th May 2024 @ 3pm]

Soldato
The post match presser was a disgrace. It showed a total lack of respect to ten Hag. Whether or not he is staying there should have only been one question about his future. Instead they kept hammering away. There was barely a reference to the match. I wouldn't blame him if he said "**** it". As United fans we should be loving this moment but instead the shine is already being taken off.

Soldato
Buzzing after that, although was edge of my seat 60 mins onwards I couldnt take it you just knew City were going to try and get back into the game.

Was glad for Varane to get a good send off Mainoo was a machine today what a player the pass from Fernandes was sublime. :cool:

I believed that if Ten Hag won the final he would stay we shall see what happens, In all honesty I cant really warm to the guy he has funny persona but he got silverware.

Good to see Pep lost for words at the end :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mainoo and Garnacho is shades of what Arsenal are doing at the moment building a squad around incredibly young players. Those are the players you build your teams around for the future.

Getting silverware across the line is crucial and winning two cups in two years will do wonders to players mentality. They have had a taste of what winning is and with a lot of transition going on with teams around us it is time to crack on.

Soldato
Buzzing after that, although was edge of my seat 60 mins onwards I couldnt take it you just knew City were going to try and get back into the game.

Was glad for Varane to get a good send off Mainoo was a machine today what a player the pass from Fernandes was sublime. :cool:

I believed that if Ten Hag won the final he would stay we shall see what happens, In all honesty I cant really warm to the guy he has funny persona but he got silverware.

Good to see Pep lost for words at the end :cry:

As much as he's been mocked and criticised for everything. If todays performance is what he can actually do when he has the players, why would you want to sack that?

2 cups in 2 seasons is a great return tbh. Especially now the structure has changed behind the scenes, isn't he worth one more season. I feel like he had Guardiola's tactics read like a book today.

Are the options of Poch/Mckenna/Tuchel REALLY better than ETH?

Last edited:
Soldato
Will be interesting to see what they do. The nature of the win is important. We just outplayed city, out-thought. It's everything we've wanted from the ETH era. If we'd just clung on a fluked a win then it would be different, but you actually saw the team perform and execute a game plan and get their tactics right.

Too little too late? Tbh I think a huge amount is going to be purely down to the interpersonal relationships between Ratcliffe, Brailsford and ETH....do they think he's the guy they want to work with long term?

Man of Honour
If they've decided to sack him, this shouldn't change their minds. If it does, that's a bad sign as it shows a reactive approach, a bit like the Glazers.

Everything he's been doing for the past 5 months or so will have been carefully scrutinised by Jason Wilcox; do he and Berrada/Brailsford/Ashworth/etc think ETH is the right manager, playing the sort of football they want to see?

While today was brilliant, I simply can't just forget the many terrible games we've had to endure this season. ETH was stubborn and refused to try and tighten things up so we weren't getting pasted every game - it's all a bit too late now...

Don
I've been out all day and didn't see the match or have any idea how the game played out. I assume it was a classic spawny performance from Utd? Hopefully the win will keep ETH in the job for another season regardless though.

Soldato
I've been out all day and didn't see the match or have any idea how the game played out. I assume it was a classic spawny performance from Utd? Hopefully the win will keep ETH in the job for another season regardless though.

Fully deserved win, tactically spot on

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It would be harsh to call it a typical spawny win, other than the goal they were gifted, they were the best team for a good 65mins of that game. If Onana could dive they would have played out a comfortable 2-0 win, City never really looked like scoring. City upped the pressure but United looked relatively comfortable.

Hopefully makes them question sacking ETH, seen very little to think he can threaten that top 3 regularly.

Soldato
While today was brilliant, I simply can't just forget the many terrible games we've had to endure this season. ETH was stubborn and refused to try and tighten things up so we weren't getting pasted every game - it's all a bit too late now...
Good summary and reflects where I am also. We've had less than 6 performances this season where you can say it was halfway decent. Two of those came in the Cup where we contrived to defeat our bitterest rivals. On reflection Casemiro looked briefly like the missing piece for 4 months last season, This year he's looked like the a piece from a different puzzle. That has to be on the club though who should never have signed him. He's been outshone by a kid who cost us nothing.

Soldato
The trouble with Linekar now is he thinks he is untouchable after threat of walkouts by his colleagues over his political views, coupled with very basic amateur journalistic skills in asking his clumsy questions. My least favourite journalists, mainly on the BBC it seems, are the ones whose basic Neanderthal objective is always a clumsy effort to elicit a "scoop", or a basic dig to get some kind of rise out of the interviewee. It is just so transparent.

Back
Top Bottom