The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Compton handed a career lifeline with Cook having an x-ray

Which he promptly declined to take! He needs to go back to the county game for his own good he looks like he is being tortured every time he goes out to bat!

Feel sorry for hales but he has definitely earned a longer run in the side now!

Fingers crossed for no rain tomorrow and plenty of wickets could be a close finish!

Soldato
I've never seen a captain so reluctant to enforce the follow on as Cook. I reckon he does it to maximise his chances of chasing down Tendulkar's record

Caporegime
Not forcing the follow on is the most ridiculous decision. Back into bat and spend the rest of the day sitting indoors while it pees down. Cook should be ashamed of this decision.

I don't think it's necessarily that black and white. Bat whilst the pitch is good and avoid batting last doesn't seem outrageous when you consider a) their crafty spinners turning it out of the leg stump foot marks and b) their bowlers have just spent two days in the field, so let's capitalise on their grumpiness and their tiredness and put the game out of reach.

Your post is hyperbolic, words like 'ridiculous' and 'ashamed' are rather over the top.

Back
Top Bottom