The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Its not England but WTH??

Sri Lanka beat Australia in Pallekele; tourists set world record in defeat
Sri Lanka beat Australia by 106 runs in Pallekele to claim only their second Test victory over the tourists, who set a Test match record in defeat.

Chasing 268 in the first Test, Australia were all out for 161, their innings finishing with a record 154 consecutive deliveries without a run.

25 maiden overs in a row? Thats madness

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36931895

Soldato
Could this test be about to turn on its head? Bairstow and Ali are doing a sterling job! I reckon a lead of 300 and declare, put Pakistan into bat just before close of play tonight. I think going for any more would be playing for the draw.

Soldato
I suppose making Pakistan go out to field for a couple of overs today and then bringing them in would be enough of a psychological hit, however it wastes overs on the final day.

Associate
Very good test match especially when you consider that all three results were possible at lunch on the final day.

Soldato
Can't believe they did it on a pitch that was offering next to nothing. To turn a match around after Day 3 when Pakistan were in firm control speaks volumes of the potential this current side has.

Onwards to this Thursday, 3-1 series win please.

Associate
Good day of cricket yesterday. Watching first Pakistan on top with the wickets and then moee playing so well for his hundred. Looking forward to today's match.

Back
Top Bottom