The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Root rubbish. :(

Am i the only one who thinks root needs to be booted from the team?

I had high hopes of this lad a couple of years ago - kind of a rising star - the next flintoff, but he's been nothing but a bitter disappointment.

1st test = 57, 28
2nd test = 14, 0
3rd test = 0, tbc

I feel bad for the likes of Archer who played his heart out yesterday, and for all that hard work to be chucked away by your supposedly best batsmen.

Soldato

I had high hopes of this lad a couple of years ago - kind of a rising star - the next flintoff, but he's been nothing but a bitter disappointment.

1st test = 57, 28
2nd test = 14, 0
3rd test = 0, tbc

I feel bad for the likes of Archer who played his heart out yesterday, and for all that hard work to be chucked away by your supposedly best batsmen.

Eh? In what way was he ever the next Flintoff? To start with, Flintoff was a bowling all rounder who only averaged just over 30 with the bat, compared to Root who still averages close to 50 despite a poor year.

Root is the most talented batsman we have, batting in the wrong position in the order due to a lack of high class top order batsmen. He averages 48 batting at 4 and 38 batting at 3. He's also declined since being given the captaincy, which was a mistake from the start.

Finally, I presume that he's still in our top 4 batsmen or so this series.

Edit: Oh, and he got an absolute peach of a delivery today. He's the only batsman so far who's been got out rather than chucking his wicket.

Ridiculous dismissal for Stokes.

Caporegime
OP

1st test = 57, 28
2nd test = 14, 0
3rd test = 0, tbc

I think the captaincy weighs too heavy on his shoulders. Doesn't have the character or ability for it. Needs someone else to lift the burden. Always thought Broad should be given the nod.

Soldato

1st test = 57, 28
2nd test = 14, 0
3rd test = 0, tbc

This is all nonsense.

Root got a good ball today which happens going in at 3. He's the best batter England has.

Soldato
He's the best batter England has.

Which based on his performance so far, is a pretty embarrassing statement to make!!!

The aussies probably went back to their hotel last night thinking this would be an England win and would mean going into test 4 on level footing.

They've not even gone for lunch yet and have already bowled out 5 wickets. I can't see England even breaking 100 runs on this innings.

Soldato
Which based on his performance so far, is a pretty embarrassing statement to make!!!

The aussies probably went back to their hotel last night thinking this would be an England win and would mean going into test 4 on level footing.

They've not even gone for lunch yet and have already bowled out 5 wickets. I can't see England even breaking 100 runs on this innings.

So you'd drop our best batsman on the basis that the others are even worse?

Soldato
Standard procedure

Day 1 - wahey, we're well on top
Day 2 - oh no we've collapsed
Day 3 - we're back in it
Day 4/5 - it's just slipped away from us

Back
Top Bottom