Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, absolutely, for exactly the same reasons they did anyway. Because China has all the money for investing and we are sucking up to them

Then he would have done with the usual political ******** speak and you would have done what? Grumbled and done nothing. Or add it to the long list of other reasons you won't vote for them at the next election.....which all get wiped out by the electorate when they give the tax giveaway budget just before the election :p

Their motives would have remained unchanged, but by leaving the EU their capability to undermine British steel would have been diminshed. It's called accountability. This government in particular has demonstrated that people power can force changes in unpopular legislation.

Their motives would have remained unchanged, but by leaving the EU their capability to undermine British steel would have been diminshed. It's called accountability. This government in particular has demonstrated that people power can force changes in unpopular legislation.

Hold on. Our government blocks tariffs on Chinese steel at the EU level so you think the solution is... to stop interacting at the EU level? Not, maybe, to blame the government?

That's some next level contorting.

Nigel Farage said he was going to resign and changed his mind when he realised the support people had for him, big deal. It affected nobody else.

If that's all you can bring up about Farage, then he must be doing a good job.

lol no - at that level it's quite common to offer your resignation if you don't meet your targets. Gives the board a chance to consider your reasons for resigning, analyse why targets were missed and decide if there's anyone else available who could do a better job.

It was a self imposed target, not one by UKIP by which he had to be judged on - he is solely responsible for breaking his own promise.

Don't promise to quit if you are not going to follow it through, promise to offer your resignation for consideration if that's all you were going to do.

Hold on. Our government blocks tariffs on Chinese steel at the EU level so you think the solution is... to stop interacting at the EU level? Not, maybe, to blame the government?

Friend of mine works in the steel industry and thinks exactly the same.

Its a bit deluded really - perhaps its just a case of the industry being in a bad way and with this referendum coming up, it seems a convenient way to try and place blame and make an attempt to go back to the days of British Steel. I don't think the people who believe this have really thought it through (and takes me back to my original argument about the general public voting on significantly complex matters).

Our government doesn't have the power to police trade - that's the EU's job. So instead of decisions like this being made in London and explained to Parliament, they're made in back rooms and member states go back to their countries and say it's the EU's responsibility to police trade (because it is). I appreciate this is a rather subtle point that may not be understood by some people but it shows why simple systems of governance, with clear lines of accountability work better than opaque, complex systems like the EU has implemented.

The main one being the meteoric rise in Personal Allowance bringing millions of low paid workers out of the tax regime.

Great job, but they're still low paid. The main beneficieries of the changes to the tax system since the coalition have been higher earners. People taken out of tax in 2015 gained £26 whilst those still being taxed gained £56 by the changes.

If you're going to sing the praises of the coalition, don't dress it up as social mobility when it is anything but.

Nigel Farage said he was going to resign and changed his mind when he realised the support people had for him, big deal. It affected nobody else.

If that's all you can bring up about Farage, then he must be doing a good job.

Amen to that.

I also at first disagreed with him saying a UKIP government would abolish inheritance tax. I was taken in by the frivolities of the press and "way they make you think". Now I support abolishing it.

I have to say as don't really think I remember seeing it but I find it extremely strange the Electoral Commission chose Vote Leave over Grassroots Out (GO) and thus has twisted the issue for some other gain. This rather than allow Farage, the most consistent campaign issue man in politics. Just another slap in his face but he keeps on smiling.

Er, the current Government would support the EU in imposing tariffs on Chinese steel.

He lost his seat and his party failed to make any gains. How can you claim he's doing a good job?

He didn't win his seat because the Conservatives threw everything at the constituency where he was standing. Never mind the rumours what happened to votes there.

UKIP got a 9.5% increase in overall vote share. I would say that's a good gain.

European Commission planning electronic ID cards that you'll be able to access the internet with. Read the full report here.

"Estonian robo-commissioner Andrus Ansip works in one of this favourite suggestions: using national ID cards to log in to online services."

You do understand what the difference between an individual putting forward an idea and the European Commission planning something is, don't you? And, if you bothered to read the report you'd see it doesn't advocate electronic ID cards for all, only that you be able to use nationally issued ID on the internet.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/29/eu_login_youtube_national_id_card/

European Commission planning electronic ID cards that you'll be able to access the internet with. Read the full report here.

No, they're not.

From the report you just linked to:

Online platforms need to accept credentials issued or recognised by national public authorities, such as electronic ID cards, citizen cards, bank cards or mobile IDs

At no stage does the report suggest the introduction of EU-wide electronic ID cards. It simply states that existing IDs should be interoperable.

He lost his seat and his party failed to make any gains. How can you claim he's doing a good job?

His party earned 4m votes. Number 3. They are now officially the UK's 3rd Party.

He has also secured the EU referendum. Its on the agenda.

Provided the people in the UK can mobilize we could set up that money to provide free University tuition :) (with change too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom