Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've proved my point quite nicely, thanks :)

I should imagine its that way for the majority of the "out" voters even if they wont be so blunt about there decision.

But even the most educated people on the matter are only basing there judgement on a theorised decision. (and that applys to Gov officials).
in other words it makes no difference if its down to the general public or educated officials. its all just guess work.

Least this way its the public's opinion and not the poisoned chalice holders choice ;)

I should imagine its that way for the majority of the "out" voters even if they wont be so blunt about there decision.

But even the most educated people on the matter are only basing there judgement on a theorised decision. (and that applys to Gov officials).
in other words it makes no difference if its down to the general public or educated officials. its all just guess work.

Least this way its the public's opinion and not the poisoned chalice holders choice ;)

Exactly, and that's why I disagree with the mechanism.

Who has the actual facts and figures rather than speculation? Is there a plan post exit? Is there a plan if we remain? Where is the hard evidence that isn't based on irrelevant historical data?

The difference between 'educated people' who have come out with a particular stance using the same reference material is that they are likely to not take propaganda from either campaign at face value and look into the matter in more detail rather than the average person (who, lets face it, are the majority of voters), is a bit miffed about immigration or something and flippantly decides it's better for the country if we leave or to 'see what happens'.

Making a decision on something like this should not be left to the general public. The general public don't know their **** from their elbow and should not be entrusted with the responsibility of a decision that will impact multiple generations based on stupid propaganda from both sides.

I agree on this. But, if you believe this, as I do:

Whether it's by referendum or otherwise, no external organisation should have the power to impose laws on us, other than those written into the actual treaty being signed at the time.

Then you want 2 things:
1. to leave the EU
2. to prevent it from happening again

1. to leave the EU:
This could happen by either:
- leave vote in the referendum
- vote ukip in a general election
So the referendum, albeit not a good way of deciding matters, is an effort to leave sooner than a general election.

2. to prevent it from happening again:
No government may bind a future government, so it's not actually possible to do this. This is very worrying, it needs to be generally accepted that the public doesn't want to join another EU once we've left this one.

I'm voting out. The EU is a failed experiment, and it's only getting worse. Countries like Germany and the UK have brain-drained Eastern European countries which have had their standard of living lowered by the introduction of the Euro. Food now costs the same as in wealthier countries, but they still get paid very low wages. The wealthy love it since it provides them with so much cheap labour.

What is your basis for this claim? Consider this graph of PPP GDP per capita for three eurozone and three non-eurozone Eastern European countries:

ppp_gdp_ee_zpsbow1gqzu.png

(from here.

While inflation has fallen in Slovenia and Slovakia and remained similar to historical levels in Estonia since they joined the Euro.

It looks to me like the three Eurozone countries are doing just fine in comparison to the non-Eurozone countries and I don't see any dips associated with their ascension to the Euro (only Slovenia shows a following dip but that associates with the global recession and doesn't seem worse in Slovenia than other countries).

The more I look into it, the more I want everyone to vote leave.. The people I've talked to or read on-line so far vote basted on memes and their Far left opinions of a united utopian world..

In.

For a start there are too many things that rely on EU grants/funding which will not get a look in while our shortsighted politicians give away tax/vat/fuel price/anything to get a vote breaks. That's jobs and in some respects communities as well as environmental projects on the line if that funding goes.

Here's an idea for a poll.

British people wanting out of the E.U. versus British people disapproving of Scottish Independence.

Let's see what the percentage is on hypocrites.

Are you viewing Brexit on a level with scottish independence or suggesting people may be voting leave to spark a new scottish referendum?

As a "dirty foreign immigrant" (Irish) I'm voting stay so I can steal all your benefits until I retire on a nice state pension in a council house.

Oh wait, no I actually contribute 30% of my income to the country in taxes. Just like every other "dirty foreign immigrant" I know. Ignore immigration figures that don't differentiate between skilled and unskilled workers or employable/unemployable.

If an immigrant gets a job in the UK they will be a net benefit to the country, if they get a decent paying job like I and all the immigrants I know then even better.

Sure, crack down on immigrants arriving that just want to live on benefits for the rest of their lives but how many of them are there? Certainly fewer than the fear mongers care to say.

There's nothing wrong with immigration, but let's take advantage of our desirability and select the best and brightest. We’re choosers, yet have the immigration policy of beggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom