Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes include the people that know, the idiots that think they do and the people who know they dont know enough :rolleyes:

Also you shouldntvote for only the parties you think could win, you vote for those who align with your views. Politicians will see the opportunity to change their views to snatch up voters such as yourself next time.

This is too important to mess up by making everyone take part. This is not a PE lesson in school and tbh, it shouldn't have been left to the general public anyway.

Just because we all need to live by the decision, doesn't mean we should all make it. When i go round and cook for my niece and nephew, i dont let them have a vote on what we are eating because by the end of the week all of us would have diabetes.

You are literately everything that is wrong with democracy

Quoted for truth - I'm in complete agreement.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that regardless of whether the decision was made by a few or by all, it should not be considered to be indicative of the general opinion unless it is by a significant majority. There's a reason courts don't convict on anything other than unanimous or near as. The margin for error is too high.

So what you're saying is the general public are like children who need the grown ups to make their decisions for them?

I said this more or less earlier in the thread and stand by it and include myself in it.

Freedom is Freedom. It has to be seized! Inevitably there will be a transition period but that is the price paid for getting back Sovereignty and freedom for our country!

Fearing what might happen if we leave is NOT a reason to vote to remain. It would be the equivalent of a slave fearing what might happen when he is free, so opting to remain a slave instead.

Wow, that is some desperate histrionics right there.

So what you're saying is the general public are like children who need the grown ups to make their decisions for them?

In this case yes.

Look at the utter crap being thrown around and the nonsense people believe when they read about the EU and such in the newspaper.

Some of it is less believable than the fairy tales my nephew stopped believing in.

Nope. Outside the EU we can categorically control our border. Use the navy to sink any boat that refuses to turn back. After a few have been sunk the rest will give up.

Any illegals caught on UK soil can be detained in camps, processed and then sent back to wherever they came from (or dumped in the middle of the desert if they refuse to say).

^
Lol

Just look at that, people think we will leave the eu and suddenly enter navel battles with migrants on dingies, then dump any ones that get through in the desert.

Last edited:
Yes include the people that know, the idiots that think they do and the people who know they dont know enough :rolleyes:

Also you shouldntvote for only the parties you think could win, you vote for those who align with your views. Politicians will see the opportunity to change their views to snatch up voters such as yourself next time.

This is too important to mess up by making everyone take part. This is not a PE lesson in school and tbh, it shouldn't have been left to the general public anyway.

Just because we all need to live by the decision, doesn't mean we should all make it. When i go round and cook for my niece and nephew, i dont let them have a vote on what we are eating because by the end of the week all of us would have diabetes.

You are literately everything that is wrong with democracy

Are a libdem?

Not giving the general public a vote isn't what democracy is all about.

I don't care about niece and nephew. neither does the eu.

No i am not a libdem, i am saying that you dont understand democracy if you think not voting for someone because they cant win is clever. Dont you realise this referendum is only happening because people voted for UKIP, a party that was without doubt going to lose the last election but because of it, politicians from conservative party saw a load of voters they could cater to.

As for democracy, here are my priorities:

1. Being safe and economically stable
2. letting my niece and nephew have a good nutritious dinner
3. letting everyone feel like they had their say in a big important decision they dont actually understand.

Democracy is a method to choose a solution but it certainly does not encourage the best solution, just the one most people think is best. In this case, most people have absolutely no clue on what is best. Brexiters are voting with their pride and remainers are voting with fear.

Last edited:
In this case yes.

Look at the utter crap being thrown around and the nonsense people believe when they read about the EU and such in the newspaper.

Some of it is less believable than the fairy tales my nephew stopped believing in.

The same lies/cherry picked stats come out at general Elections too and that is even more important (who actually runs the nation and not whether to be in or out of a trading bloc) so by your logic no one should be able to vote and we should just live in a technocracy.

Undecided is a chicken way out. Like being a libdem.

Everyone should be made by law to vote in this referendum.

The stay campaign would love that, we would definitely be staying in if everyone was forced to vote. The best chance leave has is for a lot of people not bothering to vote. Apathy rules in the UK.

The same lies/cherry picked stats come out at general Elections too and that is even more important (who actually runs the nation and not whether to be in or out of a trading bloc) so by your logic no one should be able to vote and we should just live in a technocracy.

Why are you generalising my view on democracy? You even quoted my opening statement 'in this case'.

I dont think the average joe should have a say in this one. Does not mean i dont think average joe cant decide who his local MP is or priminister is.

Why are you generalising my view on democracy? You even quoted my opening statement 'in this case'.

I dont think the average joe should have a say in this one. Does not mean i dont think average joe cant decide who his local MP is or priminister is.

So only people with money should get a say then?

Lol

Just look at that, people think we will leave the eu and suddenly enter navel battles with migrants on dingies, then dump any ones that get through in the desert.

You leave our belly buttons out of this.... And what's a dingie? Some sort of Australian designer dog? Doubt you'll get many migrants astride one of those...;)

These "educated folk" are letting things slip ....

Last edited:
Still Leave.

Did anyone see the guy on QT?

£1.5tr he reckoned could be saved and generated with that money in 14years.

Even if he is 50% right. Well Leave is looking better all the time.

You can't leave a free trade bloc and replace it with nothing.

Free trade costs money.

The reality of business is that people want the best product at the cheapest price.

If you think that the UK not having free trade with Europe will still be able to offer this then that's madness.

The UK will join the EEA as it would be economic suicide not to.

The only post-exit negotiations will be on how much the UK pays to be an EEA member.

Remember you are NOT voting on immigration or EEA membership.

I stated this before and had no replies on it I've not yet seen any info on leaving the EEA have any of you?

They have all done this?

Why must Boris be the critiqued one?

I said it amused me, not that it was a great insight into the debate :)

I don't it think it's true that they've all done this, on the Leave side you have people like Jacob Rees-Mogg, IDS, Farage and Gove who have been consistent in their opposition; whilst on the Remain side you have people like Alan Johnson, Yvette Cooper, Nick Clegg and Ken Clarke who have been consistent in their support for the EU. You also have people who seem to have honestly wavered in either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom