Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Give it 12-24 months if we stay in after the votes,Be prepared to have a lot of immigrants living around you (Unless your in a posh area),Crime goes up..less jobs and housing for British people in your area etc.

Also the open borders will continue to allow ISIS to sneak in acting as immigrants etc.

I know immigration isn't just one thing about the EU,But its a major concern of mine...The fact that a lot of people with EU passports right now can just walk in our country regardless of if they have a lenthy criminal record or not concerns me a lot.

IT'S YOU'RE.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29448046 said:
What have either got to do with our membership of the EU? Whether are in or out the possibility for people to illegally enter the country is unchanged :confused:

I am reasonably certain that the leave campaign have statistical evidence that magic will occur to stop illegal migration following a leave vote.

Just to see magic actually happen, I might consider voting to leave, and thus be able to watch as Farage melts when the magic fails to happen.

V F

V F

Soldato
I am reasonably certain that the leave campaign have statistical evidence that magic will occur to stop illegal migration following a leave vote.

Just to see magic actually happen, I might consider voting to leave, and thus be able to watch as Farage melts when the magic fails to happen.

Soldato

The CAP is in essence a protectionist tax imposed on food in the EU, making food prices on the whole higher for those in the EU, and channeling a lot of the money back to primarily French farmers. I don't really believe it's led to better animal welfare either, here.

whilst still being pretty gung-ho about leaving regardless of the costs. This is not going down well on the doorstep as it sounds both detached and careless.

"Gung-ho" and "regardless of the costs." Pretty typical of the kind of fear-striking rhetoric coming out of the remain camp. It's a 50/50 referendum, you need to evaluate it as objectively as you can without "fearing" one of the options by default, which by using language like that you're doing.

Again, I'm drawn to the conclusion that you don't know how the EU works

I think you really need to figure out how the EU actually works in reality. A lot of people think it's some sort of progressive, benevolent form of pan-national government aiming for social progression and a more equal society. It's really not; it's an unelected, undemocratic, unaccountable, wasteful, secretive, and generally corporate friendly bureaucracy.

I think a lot of people in Britain can see this, and realise the "risks" of leaving are being overplayed by those with a vested interest to keep us in, rather than what's best for the country as a whole in the long run.

Vote leave. :D

Soldato
I am sorry to say am in now. :(

Datalol-Jack and TW Fox and others have actually convinced me that staying in the unelected construct that is the EU,
we will thrive and become one as a people with our Turkish cousins and brothers.

We will have clean air and jobs or health care will improve.
Our cars will produce no pollutants at all and we will become healthy and at one with all.

Its a bitter pill to swallow but they are right we cannot become a sovereign state and be alone to
decide our own actions as we are not intelligent enough to form a correct decision based on ones own opinions and principles.

We should open our arms and welcome the EU as it will only benefit us in the long term as we wont have
important decisions in the hands of the uneducated peasants.

All hail the EU. :rolleyes:

Those who are pro EU need to look up Cognitive dissonance it might apply to a few of you.

The EU needs to GTFO of my life like cancer needs GTFO of every ones life.;)

Soldato
If we stay we become part of the EU superstate that's around the corner and we have the Euro etc and we are all one big happy family where we have no say in it and we are run by Germany and other unelected officals.... :D

I wonder how the NHS will fare in all that though. I predict privatisation....

Soldato
Or are you just pulling this out of your arse?

same could be said about the politicians thats feeding you lot of Pro-EU a load of lies and your all falling for it.

I hope some immigrants move in next door to you,Maybe that will change your vision...6 or 7 of them in one house,Eyeing up your property.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats with the language? :rolleyes:

I hope some immigrants move in next door to you,Maybe that will change your vision...6 or 7 of them in one house,Eyeing up your property.

I have renting immigrants either side so far they have mowed my lawn and given my daughter a moving in present.

Soldato
The CAP is in essence a protectionist tax imposed on food in the EU, making food prices on the whole higher for those in the EU, and channeling a lot of the money back to primarily French farmers. I don't really believe it's led to better animal welfare either, here.

So you are dodging the issue.

Ignoring, as always, the proper criticism located for you and what effect it might have on our farmers, the NFU view (especially when they compare Norway/UK farming models, so EEA vs EU) and the reforms taking place as a response to calls for change in EU's CAP strategy. And what great evidence you whip out? Another opinion piece.

Great. But the only part they are unhappy about is... wait for it... how member states implement new RDPs! Precisely because it's a subsidiary matter resolved at member state level; so another example of 'boo-hoo EU', but the actual critique has nothing to do with it.

No alternative plan either, I suspect? No addressing of the fact what animal welfare is outside the EU from the likely markets we would be buying from, or what it was prior to our membership here?

The fact is that we can criticise, amend or end the CAP from within the EU, working with the industry sectors involved and the countries affected. We can do little barking from the outside. Another inconvenient fact for you is that our farmers benefit from the CAP, and it's hard to sell that part to them as an ill, especially from the mouths of babes who would let them go to the wolves.

"Gung-ho" and "regardless of the costs." Pretty typical of the kind of fear-striking rhetoric coming out of the remain camp. It's a 50/50 referendum, you need to evaluate it as objectively as you can without "fearing" one of the options by default, which by using language like that you're doing.

You're the one building straw men a mile high and 40 years off, whilst conveniently avoiding funding gaps in your rhetoric. Same as your last discussion with Moses: as soon as you struggle, it's a dead cat and whatabout -- no answers, no plan, no facts, no figures. Blog-level riposte borrowed from your betters, at best.

I think you really need to figure out how the EU actually works in reality. A lot of people think it's some sort of progressive, benevolent form of pan-national government aiming for social progression and a more equal society. It's really not; it's an unelected, undemocratic, unaccountable, wasteful, secretive, and generally corporate friendly bureaucracy.

I think a lot of people in Britain can see this, and realise the "risks" of leaving are being overplayed by those with a vested interest to keep us in, rather than what's best for the country as a whole in the long run.

Vote leave. :D

I'll pass this drivel to the farmers instead of cash then, shall I?

Soldato

:o

Each and every British taxpayer pays over £100 a year to subsidise farmers under the CAP, and food bills for a family of 4 are estimated to be almost £1,000 higher a year because of the CAP. The EU has been in charge of CAP for 40 years, nothing has changed. It takes up 40% of the EU's total budget (the "new deal" is 37.5%, great) and still benefits mainly large French landowners. It's also been disastrous for Africa and other producers. The dumping of subsidised produce in African countries is forcing local producers out of business. Milk lakes and butter mountains, it's a complete disaster.

You are linking to official EU reports about "reforming" the system, and then another link to the IEA about what reforms are needed. They've been trying to reform it since it started. That second IEA link you posted quotes:

Institute of Ecomonic Affairs said:
“British families are suffering hugely from increases in food prices; it is appalling that EU policies are making this situation worse.

Did you know that despite the NFU saying the organisation supported remaining, check out this version of farmers weekly.

Soldato
:o

Each and every British taxpayer pays over £100 a year to subsidise farmers under the CAP, and food bills for a family of 4 are estimated to be almost £1,000 higher a year because of the CAP. The EU The UK has been in charge of implementing the CAP for 40 years, nothing has changed [debatable, considering previous reform rounds factually incorrect, and the governments past and present disagree with you there on top of it all].

It takes up 40% of the EU's total budget (the "new deal" is 37.5%, great) and still benefits mainly large French landowners. Correction: It benefits the core EU players by 1-4% over the size of their actual agricultural sector. The upcoming reforms are addressing this, but the UK had little cause to complain -- it's within its interest to hold on to the current CAP allocations for as long as possible, that's from the rural Tory side. What's the Brexit plan for cheap food, happy Africa and happy farmers?

It's also been disastrous for Africa and other producers. The dumping of subsidised produce in African countries is forcing local producers out of business. Milk lakes and butter mountains, it's a complete disaster.How are you going to fight for great justice from the EEA stool, special deals?

You are linking to official EU reports about "reforming" the system, and then another link to the IEA about what reforms are needed. They've been trying to reform it since it started. That second IEA link you posted quotes:
As I said, I know the IEA view, and the word from doorstep is that people are linking government cuts to their suffering more than anything IEA has written about the CAP. Back to my original questions of the Brexit plan for either CAP reform from the outside of the EU, special deal or an alternative, which results in the sacrifice of our agriculture in favour of as yet unstated and uncosted imports. If you like whatabouts, what about that?:p

Did you know that despite the NFU saying the organisation supported remaining, check out this version of farmers weekly.I know of many Brexit anecdotes and opinions.

"While it was self-selecting, the sample size was significant and weighted to reflect the profile of the UK farming population.

"The CLA said it was clear that many farmers were looking beyond the farmgate, with issues such as sovereignty and immigration coming into the equation."

So not exactly a CAP attack either, or much to the point of Brexit arithmetic woes, from a sample of 577. Do another one, Mulder!

You can flail about all you like.

Your argument that exiting the EU would result in more sovereign decisions, whilst still magically staying within as much of the common market as possible, big savings, lower prices and matched funding here for everything that'd be affected is bogus. It has always been bogus, unfunded and ethereal.

Which is why you're rightly accused of being a rogue and a gambler. Deal me in on your special deal, whenever Govey publishes one for you that is.:rolleyes:

Associate
I'm genuinely astonished that people have the dedication to repeat the same arguments to the same posters for month after month.

Remain, incidentally.

Caporegime
Would anyone want to swap the Pound for the Euro?

I think if we do end up voting to stay the best course of action would be to finally integrate fully.

I am still in the out camp though. I think we can govern ourselves better than some EU mega state. Even though geographically we are in the EU, culturally we are just so much more different than mainland Europe that the rules for them do not necessarily apply to us and vice versa.

Associate
To be fair if albania, turkey and the other lot do join the EU then we will definitely have an EU that is even less efficient and capable of doing it's job (more people voting = less likelhihood of getting what we want, more vested interests etc.). While I accept migration isn't always bad (it's largely good and we have benefited from it in many cases) only those turning a blind eye to all the problems in germany, switzerland and france would believe that letting turkey and all the other countries in so close to a migration crisis would be a good idea.

The EU has simply overplayed it's hand in that regard and anyone watching vids on youtube from the people themselves such as the resident of calais vid, the german mayor stating people should just avoid walking in there own streets, the violence in switzerland and even the increasing racism and swing to the far right that will be occuring in germany, austria etc. This isn't exactly what we want the future to look like but the EU has been relatively hapless and useless at preventing it while still seeking expansion. The migration argument always gets swept under the rug as racism but there's real examples of issues with the integration of some areas and the current countries the EU wants to expand to represent those issues as well. I don't think migration is typically a big issue and don't have a problem with freedom of movement of europeans but the expansion into turkey is most definitely a warning light that most pro EU seem to just ignore in favour of liberal rhetoric that all people are perfect in the world except those from the UK who clearly are racist beasts.

So I'm not throwing it out there as a be all and end all argument but just reminding people to not get overly complacent and ignorant towards the real world examples we're seeing. Something tells me the far right swing will get bigger in the UK as well if (just like a lot of the pro EU crowd) there is complete and utter ignorance of how migration is effecting some communities. Need we mention how our country has already shown it'd fail to handle these subjects properly just like the rotherham and sheffield rape scandals? We're not going to do any more than france and germanies molly coddling of criminals and no, they're not all criminals and they do have something to contribute but come freedom of movement you don't decide which are the good and bad ones, you just wave them all in and scream racist at the people getting the brunt of it because that's the PC british way. Like I said I will not post this as a be all and end all argument though and there are good migrants so don't get me wrong, it's just the way the EU is handling it with freedom of movement that undermines best interest and causes pro EU people to rally like crazy that there couldn't be any or even many bad people come to the UK because stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom