Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
[TW]Fox;29447322 said:
What has the biggest influence on the R&D priorities of manufacturers?

a) Legislation pertaining to a market of potentially 500 million people
b) Legislation pertaining to a market of potentially 60 million people

Frankly we'd probably have just coat-tailed off the back of what the EU did anyway had we not been members so we'd arguably have still benefited. but then we are back to allowing laws and regulations to influence us yet have no say in them.

The word there is 'influence' which is far better than dictate..... And car manufacturers listen to consumers - they can cut 60million possible customers out or they can adapt. Again, not rocket science.

Permabanned
I feel as though I don't quite know how it will pan out for me. I want to vote LEAVE but the company I work for was setup over here and has been bought by a much larger German company. Would they pull the plug on us???

Soldato
Nope. Business is business.

Our company was taken over by the largest Logistics company in Europe (Nagel - A German company)

They aint about to pull out of UK anytime soon - They've just ordered 300 new Artic Tractor units for us.

Associate
I feel as though I don't quite know how it will pan out for me. I want to vote LEAVE but the company I work for was setup over here and has been bought by a much larger German company. Would they pull the plug on us???

Who really knows? Airbus UK voiced to their employees in the UK to vote in however they also stated whatever the result there would be no change within the company. Think how much it would cost to set things up at a facility in Europe. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen but if it did it wouldn't happen instantly.

I work on an Airbus project, A350, and my company has just made huge investment in preparation to meet rate so cannot see the work going anywhere else anytime soon regardless of the vote result. If Airbus want the UK airline market to buy their aircraft some of the manufacturing of Airbus components will always be here.

Soldato
Unless someone can convince me that it will massively effect my day to day life I'll just stay in.

Give it 12-24 months if we stay in after the votes,Be prepared to have a lot of immigrants living around you (Unless your in a posh area),Crime goes up..less jobs and housing for British people in your area etc.

Also the open borders will continue to allow ISIS to sneak in acting as immigrants etc.

I know immigration isn't just one thing about the EU,But its a major concern of mine...The fact that a lot of people with EU passports right now can just walk in our country regardless of if they have a lenthy criminal record or not concerns me a lot.

Man of Honour
Give it 12-24 months if we stay in after the votes,Be prepared to have a lot of immigrants living around you (Unless your in a posh area),Crime goes up..less jobs and housing for British people in your area etc.

Where has that come from? This sounds like textbook random scaremongering. What's going to change so much 'within 12-24 months'?

Also the open borders will continue to allow ISIS to sneak in acting as immigrants etc.

We do not have open borders in the UK and non EU citizens have exactly the same ability to 'sneak through' whether we are in or out of the EU.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29447989 said:
Where has that come from? This sounds like textbook random scaremongering. What's going to change so much 'within 12-24 months'?

Scare mongering?..i think our government right now are guilty as hell when it comes to scare mongering,They even use 10 million of our tax payers money to do it too..as to where has that come from,Im not sure where you live but in the next town to me is full or Romanians,Theft is quite high there..i wonder why hmm,glad i dont live there.

[TW]Fox;29447989 said:
We do not have open borders in the UK and non EU citizens have exactly the same ability to 'sneak through' whether are in or out of the EU.

"Walk in" and "Sneak through" are two different things buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom