Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
[TW]Fox;29447277 said:
The bottom line is that without regulation, emissions now would have been higher than they are currently. I can't see how this can be disputed? There would have been natural improvements driven by a desire for fuel efficiency but not at the scale we've seen as a result of legally mandated pan European standards.

It's a massive leap to assume we only improved cars because we're EU members. I'm confident we'd have our own standards and we would have enforced them.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;29447594 said:
All of these would run out of power short of his destination unless he stopped to recharge for quite some time.

It isn't my destination to be fair but my wife can travel from Cheshire to the south coast or Scotland in a day.

Thankfully you are not a pedant. ;)

Man of Honour
It's a massive leap to assume we only improved cars because we're EU members. I'm confident we'd have our own standards and we would have enforced them.

Well we didn't do anything because we don't make volume cars any more - but other countries car manufacturers do take advantage of our membership of the EU to manufacture them here ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29447457 said:
Sorry, you govern yourself? Where do you live?! I'm governed by a parliament in London, made up of elected MP's.

In much the same way that EU is governed by a parliament made up of elected MEP's. Sure we didn't vote for the President but we didn't vote for our Prime Minister, either.

I think you are mistaken if you think the MEPs run the EU, they dont

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29447613 said:
Well we didn't do anything because we don't make volume cars any more - but other countries car manufacturers do take advantage of our membership of the EU to manufacture them here ;)

Of course, had we never joined the "EEC" in the first place, our current domestic manufacturing situation might well be rather different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom