Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
"Immigrants" do not make a net contribution to our society. Why do people keep restating this lie? Some immigrants make a small net contribution, namely those from the EEA and other Western nations. Non-EU/Western immigration costs us money.

Hmm, if you notice I said 'they [The Government] say immigration brings a net benefit' So go tell them they are wrong and you are right

Most years we've made a loss due to immigration.

That just depends on whose figures you are reading ;)

We need to cut non-Western immigration to as good as zero. Otherwise all we're doing is creating problems for the future.

Hmm, wouldn't the NHS collapse overnight if you did that?

Soldato
"Immigrants" do not make a net contribution to our society. Why do people keep restating this lie? Some immigrants make a small net contribution, namely those from the EEA and other Western nations. Non-EU/Western immigration costs us money.

Most years we've made a loss due to immigration. When we have made a net income, it's only been a few billion. Which might sound like a lot, but is dwarfed by our Overseas Aid spending. It's nothing.

We need to cut non-Western immigration to as good as zero. Otherwise all we're doing is creating problems for the future.

Bold and underline doesn't turn nonsense into facts.

Soldato
An aging population with a shrinking work force is a recipe for economic disaster.

And the solution to that is to better support British couples, not import half the third world.

Anyway, within a generation AI/Robotics/Automation will be cutting huge swathes through the jobs market. We don't need large amounts of low skilled labour.

Permabanned
Yup, ever increasing cost and burden of public services relative to tax paid among other things.

As the population level dropped surely the demand on services would, too? I appreciate us oldies are a burden on health services unless we have private health insurance, but there does not appear to me to be much of a lack of young children about the place. Maybe a large number of the sprogs are borne to ****less families and single mothers and show little hope of being givers to the economy, but rather takers from it?

Is a lowering of our economic prosperity a worthy price to pay for a lower population level though? To me it possibly is.

Soldato
Reducing population will not necessarily reduce the cost of running relative to tax paid though.

Remove young migrant tax payers and though technically there will be less need for public services there will also be less money being paid for them and because the proportion of low or non tax payers relative to tax payers has increased, overall the burden will be higher.

Soldato
Chris Wilson said:
Maybe a large number of the sprogs are borne to ****less families and single mothers and show little hope of being givers to the economy, but rather takers from it?

Wow, your prejudices just keep on coming don't they! I can see you are a Tory product of the 80's - haven't heard the old bash the single mothers comments for a while :D

You do realise (probably not though) that over 50% of the population are net takers from the economy, are they all from ****less families and single parents? :rolleyes:

Soldato
IN.

I'm all for the United States of Europe and firmly believe we need to integrate more with Europe, not less.

I WE are Europeans and I don't want that to change. People want England / UK / GB to return to its former place in the world and that is no longer an option.

The world has changed and we need to change with it.

Yes, the EU has its faults but it's still young and like any child you take care of it and nurture it, not abandon it and go back to the single life where everything was great and you were free to do whatever you like /s :rolleyes:

Soldato
As the population level dropped surely the demand on services would, too? I appreciate us oldies are a burden on health services unless we have private health insurance, but there does not appear to me to be much of a lack of young children about the place.

40% of NHS spending is on people over the age of 65. 66% of benefits are paid to the over 65s. Someone has to pay for that and it's people in work. If the number of people in work decreases then every person left has to pay more.

And it's not just public health spending that's the issue. Health insurance prices would go through the roof if there weren't enough doctors, nurses and carers.

Permabanned
IN.

I'm all for the United States of Europe and firmly believe we need to integrate more with Europe, not less.

I WE are Europeans and I don't want that to change. People want England / UK / GB to return to its former place in the world and that is no longer an option.

The world has changed and we need to change with it.

Yes, the EU has its faults but it's still young and like any child you take care of it and nurture it, not abandon it and go back to the single life where everything was great and you were free to do whatever you like /s :rolleyes:

Wow, just Wow.

I class myself as British NOT european. Never will.

The world has changed but the eu is just a communist state with unelected morons wasting our money & ruining our lives.

The eu is not a child, it's an old outdated dinosaur that needs putting down.

I cannot believe you blindly voting to stay.

Man of Honour
Hmm, wouldn't the NHS collapse overnight if you did that?

Many people say this will happen and it would if we simply cut immigration. But at the root of the issue is that UK citizens are less inclined to go into that profession. So if we tackled that issue then the void would attract people.

I guess the question is whether the current deterrant is because of pay or conditions? If it's pay then we're simply using immigration to keep wages low... even though we're constantly told immigration doesn't do that. So if it's conditions then we're just using immigration to keep working conditions in a worse state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom