Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There are entirely logical reasons for being especially against being called European as a Brit.

For the better part of half a millennium we have been at odds with Catholicism in Europe, such that we have plowed many man into many other manly mans from the Catholic armies of European states.

We aren't very special in that regard. We weren't the only people to reject Catholicism. We weren't even the first.

Associate
Was very inbetween since the debate started. Felt like I needed to research much more into it to make an informed choice to the best of my personal knowledge.

Now currently in the out camp.

Associate
i expect us to stay in, if not by the will of the people then by Gov shenanigans

Yes I think you're right because Cameron will not take this country out of the EU whatever the result even if it takes a second referendum.
Nothing whatsoever is impossible when the Govt. want's it's own way.

Doctor David Kelly is a good example of what a UK Government is capable of.

Caporegime
Was very inbetween since the debate started. Felt like I needed to research much more into it to make an informed choice to the best of my personal knowledge.

Now currently in the out camp.

Any particular reasons you have decided to vote out?

Soldato
There's something deeply hilarious about people like you simultaneously arguing that our government is utterly untrustworthy and that we should give more power to them.

If you actually look up the word of what government means you will see, it is to govern the people with the mind.

If you trust the government you are a ****ing retard.

Another funny word is, to be in court and look up the word court.

You pro EU crowd don't have a ****ing clue at what is going on and how the world works.
Its saddens me to the bone as I know you are very intellectual people who are miss guided.

The is something seriously wrong going on, and for all the intellect and wise guys you don't see the wood for the trees. :(

I would love nothing better than everyone at peace and we just all get along, but it aint going to happen ever.

Like a bad relationship, get out take stock and deal with it. We are all grow ups after all. ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you actually look up the word of what government means you will see, it is to govern the people with the mind.

You haven't actually tried this, have you?

If you trust the government you are a ****ing retard.

You do understand there's a slight difference between trusting the government and believing that they will casually ignore the results of a democratic vote, don't you?

I would love nothing better than everyone at peace and we just all get along, but it aint going to happen ever.

But you want us to abandon one of the major forces that helps us live in peace.

And, despite your wild rants, you haven't addressed my point: if you trust our UK government so little why do you believe it would help to give them more power?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
So much negativity about this whole eu business, sometimes it seems everyone just blames them for all our troubles.

Where's the creativity, ideas, positive outlooks. People these days want an easy fix.

Well it's not going to happen , grass always seems greener..

V F

V F

Soldato
So much negativity about this whole eu business, sometimes it seems everyone just blames them for all our troubles.

Where's the creativity, ideas, positive outlooks. People these days want an easy fix.

Well it's not going to happen , grass always seems greener..

Heh! So many pills.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29462453 said:
Do people actually believe this sort of rubbish?

I dunno in the past when a "yes" vote has been wanted but didn't come throuhh they have just held refeerendums again and again till the yes vote wins.

It may be a leave vote teiggers an "emergancy negotiation" where camaron comes back with a new "dral/promise" from the EU and says well things are differnt now lets yold anorher refferendum

Soldato
I dunno in the past when a "yes" vote has been wanted but didn't come throuhh they have just held refeerendums again and again till the yes vote wins.

Thats not actually representative of what happened, as was pointed out in the last thread when the same thing was said and even what did happen isn't what the paranoia of the above posters are on about.

Edit : since this thread is just Groundhog day with everyone regurgitating the same old crap on both sides, this is the post in rebuttal to your statement

Evangelion said:
Firstly, nobody was 'made to vote again.' That's nonsense. Secondly, let's take a look at what they voted for on both occasions.

Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
Denmark 1992 - Maastricht Treaty - People voted No - Made to vote again

False. The Danes said 'Yes' at the second referendum because after refusing it the first time, Denmark was granted four critical exceptions that made the Maastricht Treaty worth signing. This was achieved under the Edinburgh Agreement.

So they voted for something different the second time, and that's why they said 'Yes.'

Ireland 2001 - Nice Treaty - People voted No - Made to vote again

False. As with Denmark, the Irish voted 'Yes' the second time after changes were made. One of these changes exempted Ireland from joining a common EU defence policy. With that hurdle out of the way, Irish voters were happy to say 'Yes.'

France 2005 - EU Constitution - People voted no - EU ignored it
Netherlands 2005 - EU Constitution - People voted no - EU ignored it

False. The EU accepted the French and Dutch 'No' votes. As a direct consequence, the ratification process was dumped. Two years later, the EU Constitution concept was completely abandoned.

Ireland 2008 - Lisbon Treaty - People voted No - Made to vote again

False. Ireland rejected the Lisbon Treaty in 2008 and forced the EU to amend it. When the Treaty was resubmitted in its amended form, Ireland ratified it at a second referendum.

Greece 2015 - Euro bailout - People voted no - EU ignored it

False. Greeks voted against the bailout, and the EU accepted this decision. However, Prime Minister Tspiras immediately went back to the EU and demanded a bailout, which was granted. This damaged his party at the next election.

Tsipras fought an uphill battle following his spectacular U-turn on previous promises to tear up the excoriating bailout agreements successive Greek governments had signed with international creditors.

The 41-year-old leader went to the polls in January promising to roll back austerity measures imposed by the so-called troika of international lenders – the European commission, International Monetary Fund and European Central Bank – but was instead forced to accept even harsher terms in July after Greece teetered on the brink of bankruptcy and a eurozone exit.

As part of the €86bn (£63bn) bailout deal, Tsipras agreed to significant pension reforms, tax rises and a major privatisation programme.

Tsipras resigned from his post as prime minister in August after his decision to sign the controversial, EU-backed bailout drove a wedge through Syriza.
(Source)

[TW said:
Fox]
Do people actually believe this sort of rubbish?

So yes, they do. A combination of entrenched dogma with a good sprinkling of paranoia and a roll of tin foil and the construct of their imagination becomes reality in their minds eye.

Last edited:
Soldato
I WE are Europeans and I don't want that to change.

This isn't a referendum to drag our islands away into the Atlantic and away from mainland Europe. In or out, we'll still be European! We just won't be governed by that overly-bureaucratic and unelected cesspool of corruption and red-tape in Brussels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom