Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Chris, you seem to be deluded over what differences leaving the EU would make for immigration.

Tell me specifically what you think may happen if we left the EU in terms of economic migrants and the current refugees. Don't give me that 'take back our borders' nonsense, tell me what limits we would rid ourselves of and therefore what powers we will likely get.
We obviously wouldn't rid ourselves of existing migrants but come the leaving of the EU there'd be a huge spotlight on migration and numbers would dwindle. We may even make use of that break we're supposed to get on immigration!! That won't happen if pro EU fervour and constant appeasements of migration keep occuring.

To be fair even if we didn't take our borders back we'd still have another chance to renegotiate things to deter migration as that would stand out as a major issue of the british public. I'm not sure exactly what would change but I think you'd be quite naive to believe that nothing would change if we left the EU and were suddenly ousting cameron with the british commonly having issues with large migration numbers. We know they benefit us economically but much to the disdain of some of the left there is simply not the same taste for uncontrolled migration among the public and so some measures would most likely be taken. Would they be huge? Maybe not, but then that'd be for the best to still limit it but not go crazy as we know we benefit from migraiton but the current system is clearly more of the same that we don't want. Or to be more accurate and increase of what we don't want as more nations join and turkey ascends.

Suspended
Chris, you seem to be deluded over what differences leaving the EU would make for immigration.

Tell me specifically what you think may happen if we left the EU in terms of economic migrants and the current refugees. Don't give me that 'take back our borders' nonsense, tell me what limits we would rid ourselves of and therefore what powers we will likely get.

What about when all the refugees dotted around the mainland eventually get EU passports?

Soldato
There is a single person doing the xenophobic argument and one believes that locals are unduly treat worse (not necessarily saying anything untoward or bad about the others though) so don't act so childish. 18 comments with one particularly bad one and you're policing the internet already?

Might be worth adding a warning for the sensitive but if you read it objectionally there is only one truly negative post in that thread.
Lolzethor is full-on SJW. Anything he disagrees with is therefore evil and must be censored.

Soldato
To some extent you cannot discount the education cost of migrant workers nor the fact that they will not be claimants of state pensions in old age.

It is necessary to offset the cost of domestic persons of working age who through enforced idleness cost the state in reduced tax and NI contribution and increased paid benefits. This ultimately incurs greater burden in old age.

There is the argument of greater productivity employing a person who has wider experience and is motivated to travel across continents to work, who has fewer distractions locally, however the downside is that local and spending related taxes are less likely to be realised than for a local worker on the same wage.

Permabanned

I am obviously banging my head upon a brick wall, so entrenched are you and a few others here to bestow a benign veneer on the EU and its potential to cause us to adopt more migrants.

However, I am in no doubt that post a referendum to stay within the EU moral (as in you MUST take these 3000 kids in camps, you REALLY must, over which Cameron is in the process of capitulating to) pressure will be brought to bear to take more refugees, and if that failed the EU would consider financial pressure. Cameron has been reasonably resolute over this, but i suspect it's a pre referendum stance. other PM's (some God forbid) would cave in like a wet paper bag.

Today there is talk of the European Court of Justice discussing bringing in an EU law to place trial of migrants claiming human rights as a defence to stay here under their sole jurisdiction. This to me is typical of the thinking of the EU and their stance on migration, being within the EU WILL make our resistance to further immigration far more complex, and they WILL bring pressure to bear on us to accept more and more. It's bad enough the vastly wealthy C of E poking its nose in and trying to pressure the government to accept more migrants, but at least the C of E have very limited clout these days at a governmental level.

Being clear of the current influence the EU have will allow a government with a will to, to put up a much stronger border control regime.

Caporegime
However, I am in no doubt that post a referendum to stay within the EU moral (as in you MUST take these 3000 kids in camps, you REALLY must, over which Cameron is in the process of capitulating to) pressure will be brought to bear to take more refugees, and if that failed the EU would consider financial pressure. Cameron has been reasonably resolute over this, but i suspect it's a pre referendum stance. other PM's (some God forbid) would cave in like a wet paper bag.

God forbid we take a decent role in dealing with the mess we helped create, hey? It's an absolute disgrace that we can cheerfully find money to bomb the smeg out of the Middle East but can't scrape together the pennies to deal with the humanitarian crisis created in the aftermath.

Soldato
I know you posted a little earlier today that you were at work (which surprised me, from the amount of time you devote to playing on the internet I had assumed you were out of work or retired), but I have to ask that you break from your graft and tell me what the acronym stands for please? ;)

I'm self employed ;)

No, that's not the acronym! it stands for 'Fixed That For You' :)

Permabanned
Khan being an ex Human Rights Lawyer was the main reason I was opposed to him becoming mayor of London, far more than anything else. The term is associated by many, myself included, as someone who amasses a fortune, often from the taxpayer, by making someone fairly happy with their lot believe they have been grossly trespassed. They often do this with total disregard to their country's financial well being and even its security.

I am sure his true colours will show in due course.

Soldato

Stop banging your head then, its obviously caused some damage.

So the only specific difference you mentioned was the 3000 children, which wont be affected by our in or out voting. This migrant crisis is also temporary.

As for the standard 'stronger border' response, what realistic difference do you see us implementing if we left?

What kinds of immigrants specifically do you think will be denied that would just walk in now?

Seems like you noticed his true colour more than myself, as you've judged him for it. He hasn't even done anything as mayor yet!

Last edited:
Soldato
Khan being an ex Human Rights Lawyer was the main reason I was opposed to him becoming mayor of London, far more than anything else. The term is associated by many, myself included, as someone who amasses a fortune, often from the taxpayer, by making someone fairly happy with their lot believe they have been grossly trespassed. They often do this with total disregard to their country's financial well being and even its security.

You have a fixation on colours. Weren't you suspended recently or had posts delete over comments on colours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom