Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Anyone else think people (public) are losing interest in the whole thing?
I think I'm starting to get tired of it

Same arguments round and round
Of you look in this thread for example same posters
Don't know many (any) people who have changed their views since this started

I'd go as far as to say the campaigners is actually hurting their own causes on both sides. So much BS

Man of Honour
Heath lied to us about it, over and again. I don't know about you, but I remember it clearly, having been there at the time.

I was about 6 years old then. But I've asked my mum about it and she said the same as you. She said they voted for a trading block and not political union. She's voting out this time.

Soldato
:o

It's unbelievable some people still genuinely think of the EU as democratic/accountable:

• None of the EU commissioners bar Juncker have been "approved" by the Parliament.
  • The Parliament cannot initiate, nor repeal EU law.
  • MEP's are paid handsomely to do not a lot and get even more money to sit around Brussels (i.e. not being amongst their voting public in their constituencies)
  • Euro Corporatism is rife. Millions are spent and discussions are nearly always behind closed doors.
  • Turnout for MEP elections has gone down every single year since it was started. Why? Because people know it doesn't have any power.
  • The EU has consistently ignored the will of the people in various referenda.
  • Barroso has said "Decisions taken by the most democratic institutions in the world are very often wrong."Juncker has been quoted saying "if the answer is No, the vote will have to be done again, because it absolutely has to be a yes". There are various other quotes from EU leaders similar to the above.
  • Another great line from Juncker - "there can be no democratic choice against the European treaties."
  • The declaration signed by Germany, France, Italy and Luxembourg stating deeper integration ‘should not be limited to the field of economic and fiscal matters.’ and ‘We are convinced that new impetus must be given to European integration’
  • Even supporters of the EU "project" often acknowledge it has a problem with Democracy and call it the EU's "democratic defect".
The EU is primarily a "project" to create a federalist Europe. It doesn't care about the people/democracy. Every crisis is responded to by "we need further, deeper and faster integration" despite Nationalism increasing sharply as a counter balance to this. To call it democratic/accountable is laughable.

^^This^^

Associate
Funny how prior to May 2015 Cameron and Osbourne were claiming that Ed Balls had about as much economic credibility as Mickey Mouse, but yet they were happy to wheel him out yesterday as one of the three stooges wise monkeys ...

Last edited:
Soldato
With all the tin foil hat accusations that the Government won't abide by the result if it doesn't go their way (even though they have said they will) it seems the poster boy for the Brexiteers is the one who doesn't respect the vote and doesn't understand what democracy is..

Nigel Farage said:
Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

The Ukip leader said a small defeat for his leave camp would be “unfinished business” and predicted pressure would grow for a re-run of the 23 June ballot.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

So much for the campaign the protect 'democracy'.......I think someone needs to explain to him the definition of a majority.

Man of Honour
Project Fear has failed, so the Remainer will wheel out anyone they can find.

Flushes their last shred of credibility down the toilet.

The only person flushing the last shred of credibility down the toilet is Boris with some of his crass comments. I thought project fear just a term used by Brexiters when they don't have a response that they can back up or their crystal ball has become cloudy...

Associate
With all the tin foil hat accusations that the Government won't abide by the result if it doesn't go their way (even though they have said they will) it seems the poster boy for the Brexiteers is the one who doesn't respect the vote and doesn't understand what democracy is..

So much for the campaign the protect 'democracy'.......I think someone needs to explain to him the definition of a majority.

Do you not think he is laying the foundations for the future of UKIP which really has no future in it's current form if we Brexit.

Soldato
As a planned Out voter I would agree that there would not be the legitimacy for a small Leave majority to determine such a massive subject. I personally think it needs to be 55-45 minimum in either direction to say the subject is settled. A 51 - 49 in either direction should lead to a repeat referendum in a few years time if the public are still interested.

Just my opinion.

Soldato
With all the tin foil hat accusations that the Government won't abide by the result if it doesn't go their way (even though they have said they will) it seems the poster boy for the Brexiteers is the one who doesn't respect the vote and doesn't understand what democracy is

Considering the Government is campaigning for Remain that automatically gives them a much stronger position than if the government remained neutral. I wonder how Remain would be doing if the government wasn't on their side

Soldato
Considering the Government is campaigning for Remain that automatically gives them a much stronger position than if the government remained neutral. I wonder how Remain would be doing if the government wasn't on their side

According to all these posts by brexiters and remainers, better. Just how many people in these threads started out neutral and remain and have changed to brexit because of BBC statements and that leaflet campaign?

The quite obviously try hard campaigning does not do remainers any favours and his exaggerated claims, when he makes them, undermine the real dangers of leaving and have convinced people it motivation to remain is due to unjustified fear.

I wonder how brexit would be doing if it didn't whip up such outrage by this stupid try-hard campaigning and if the government either remained neutral or at least didn't appear so obviously biased. I have my own reasons to stay, mine are not the governments.

Soldato
According to all these posts by brexiters and remainers, better. Just how many people in these threads started out neutral and remain and have changed to brexit because of BBC statements and that leaflet campaign?

The quite obviously try hard campaigning does not do remainers any favours and his exaggerated claims, when he makes them, undermine the real dangers of leaving and have convinced people it motivation to remain is due to unjustified fear.

I wonder how brexit would be doing if it didn't whip up such outrage by this stupid try-hard campaigning and if the government either remained neutral or at least didn't appear so obviously biased. I have my own reasons to stay, mine are not the governments.

I think people who visit forums and discuss things are a very small percentage of the overall population. When the Government sends out leaflet campaigns and pulls in political favours to get foreign governments and NGO's to make statements in their favour it does influence people who would otherwise maybe either vote to leave or just abstain from voting entirely.

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom