Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then just avoid the question completely. I didn't say Turkey wasn't beautiful or that there weren't some incredibly nice people there, but you're just ignoring their problems and peoples legitimate concerns of them joining the EU and how that affects us

All countries have problems.

You are blowing things massively out of proportion.

When did Turkey become full of terrorists which threaten the EU?

Most of the incidents there are due to Kurdish groups.

Id be very surprised if turkey didn't end up being in the eu in under 10 years.
And I bet it won't be technically ready but rules will be bent.

I think too many people think the eu will not get worse and are deciding to remain based on the situation .
I suspect it will get worse and worse for the UK especially with the living wage and even more so if our economy does grow and our contribution goes up and more crappy countries join

Eu should be for France, UK, , Germany, Scandinavian countries, Denmark etc.. Basically the western stable countries. I'd be in the remain team if more and more unready countries aren't going to be added

All countries have problems.

You are blowing things massively out of proportion.

When did Turkey become full of terrorists which threaten the EU?

Most of the incidents there are due to Kurdish groups.

Could you show me where I used the word terrorist?

Could you show me where I used the word terrorist?

Want to check the post you were replying to originally? Turkish citizens are threat to national security apparently. You decided to back that narrative up.

edit:

On that front, what "criminality" did you face walking down the street btw?

Last edited:
Want to check the post you were replying to originally? Turkish citizens are threat to national security. You decided to back that narrative up.

I made a completely separate point on how Turkish culture contrasts heavily with our own with regards to the treatment of women. I don't think the terrorist issue is a massive one, though obviously there are some legitimate concerns as Turkey is currently used as a gateway to Syria and Iraq and if they were able to more freely move around the EU then that could cause security problems.

I made a completely separate point on how Turkish culture contrasts heavily with our own with regards to the treatment of women. I don't think the terrorist issue is a massive one, though obviously there are some legitimate concerns as Turkey is currently used as a gateway to Syria and Iraq and if they were able to more freely move around the EU then that could cause security problems.

You made a separate point but decided to quote that post about "Project Fear" and make a retort by saying "have you walked down a turkish street with a girl?".

Ok, whatever.

Last edited:
You made a separate point but decided to quote that post about "Project Fear" and make a retort by saying "have you walked down a turkish street with a girl?".

Ok, whatever.

I've just posted my views on terrorism, feel free to respond. Do you not think there's anything to worry about considering Turkey has a 500 mile border with Syria and has refugees crossing regularly? Obviously a lot of these won't have passports and could literally be anyone

I've just posted my views on terrorism, feel free to respond. Do you not think there's anything to worry about considering Turkey has a 500 mile border with Syria and has refugees crossing regularly? Obviously a lot of these won't have passports and could literally be anyone

I don't get which bit you're getting at.

The fact that anyone with malicious intent could get illegally into the EU with ease right now through Turkey and then the EU (even with Turkey not in the EU) or that you think Turkey being in/out of the EU makes any difference to that.

The actual point the the leave camp are getting at is the potential right of Turkish citizens to legally travel around the EU.

I don't get which bit you're getting at.

The fact that anyone with malicious intent could get illegally into the EU with ease right now through Turkey and then the EU (even with Turkey not in the EU) or that you think Turkey being in/out of the EU makes any difference to that.

The actual point the the leave camp are getting at is the potential right of Turkish citizens to legally travel around the EU.

Yeah that's a concern, there's obviously a lot of terrorist attacks in Turkey and easier movement between Turkey and Europe would almost certainly lead to a Western country being targeted

Caught up with another friend (frontline police officer) yesterday and got on the subject of the ref. When I asked her about the ref she just replied "Out". No indecision, just an instant Out reply. The funny thing about her in particular is that 5 years ago before joining the police she was a loony lefty, and creeping ever closer to delusional SJW territory - that changed overnight when she joined-up.

Close friends and family who are voting Out:

Frontline police officer
Career NHS nurse
Tax lawyer
Self-employed graphic designer
Self-employed kitchen fitter
Career NHS midwife
Self-employed consultant
Retail regional manager
Network engineer
Self-employed builder
Motorcycle mechanic
Primary school teacher
Secondary school languages teacher
5 retired people

The people above have said that they also find it rare to know someone personally who will vote Remain.

The only close friend on the fence is a guy on benefits due to long-term illness. And he's one of those people who will just vote Labour because his parents did, and their parents did etc.

Even a bunch of my online gaming friends from all over Europe think we should vote out, and want their own refs so they can do the same.

Remind me: How many terrorist attacks on the UK have been carried out by foreign born terrorist this millennium?

Most have been committed by 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation Muslim immigrants in the past 15-20 years. Sorry if that isn't PC.

Most have been committed by 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation Muslim immigrants in the past 15-20 years.

Yes, exactly. So why are you scaremongering about Turkish immigrants being a terrorist threat when the reality is that most terrorist attacks carried out in this country are carried out by homegrown terrorists?

Also, let's get this in perspective: Islamic terror is simply not a big threat in Europe. This country faced far greater threat from Irish terrorism and we were far less hysterical about. The reality is that terrorism has gone down not up:

o-TERRORISM-570_zpscy0zbzzi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom