The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain how Britain, a sovereign nation, will magically become more sovereign in the event of a Leave result?

We aren't an entirely sovereign nation at the moment, we transferred sovereignty in some areas in the 1972 European Communities Act and since then transferred more sovereignty as part of treaty changes. So it's completely obvious that if we Leave the EU we will be a fully sovereign nation again.

Actually we pretty easily fix our own problems by leaving.

You're going to be bitterly disappointed when what you perceive as our problems aren't fixed in the way that you hope they will.

Why should we care about the problems of the rest of the nations in the Euro area?

Because the EU will be our nearest and greatest trading partner.

Well I voted remain, I had been moved to the leave camp and I still feel in my heart that to leave would be better for farming, but when I looked into what leaving involved in terms of new trade deals and rewriting of laws, and the current batch of politicians (across all parties) who would be responsible for doing it, I losed the faith. Because from what I see, they couldn't run a ****up in a pub never mind rewrite the law to give us good law or good deals

Yep this is me also. So remain, but fight for EU reform, we need a Europe wide movement of the common people to join together and take the EU to task on the areas that are not working.

I might be making a website and launching a campaign soon ;)

So many beta males, "I want to vote leave but I'm scared, I'll be safe and vote remain, now I will go home and do the washing up, WHAT! My wife is sleeping with another man! I guess that's okay as I'm scared to leave."

Hoping for a big win either way to stop this crazy division. This is the result, now get back to work.

Unlikely. Whoever wins.

And people who want to leave - if leave loses - are not just going to go back to normal. I would expect some parties to campaign on a LEAVE platform at the next general election. Especially if the country continues on its path to destruction.

i don't think so ... maybe im wrong but that Bitcoin has sailed.

Emergency proxy – Great Britain

If you have just had a medical emergency arise that means you cannot go to the polling station in person on 23 June, you can apply to vote by emergency proxy.

You can also apply to vote by emergency proxy if your occupation, service or employment means that you cannot go to the polling station in person, and you only became aware of that fact after the proxy vote deadline (15 June).

You can apply for an emergency proxy vote up until 5pm today.

You must be registered in England, Scotland or Wales and eligible to vote in the EU Referendum to apply for an emergency proxy vote.

Voting out this evening, as is everyone I know at work and out of it.

The one person at work voting in is voting in because his family is.

Sigh.

We aren't an entirely sovereign nation at the moment, we transferred sovereignty in some areas in the 1972 European Communities Act and since then transferred more sovereignty as part of treaty changes. So it's completely obvious that if we Leave the EU we will be a fully sovereign nation again.

Fair enough. But by that measure we should therefore be wanting to leave NATO, the UN, and the WTO, and any other international bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom