The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Live a life there. No thanks. But then again ten years time it might be alright.

Retire in Spain somewhere maybe. And that's a very small amount.

Is this coming from personal experience having lived or extensively travelled on the continent, or your opinion from the outside looking in, so to speak?

Soldato
Been and voted. Remain.

I may have considered Leave more if we had a humane government in charge, one I wouldn't seriously think would take away what remains of support for sick and disabled people if given the chance. While the EU certainly isn't perfect, it has safeguards that the small people in society need, people that have been trampled all over by this Tory government. A government that would feel invigorated to go even further if given the go ahead with a Leave decision.

Soldato
Came back from the polling station. Voted Leave, having my conscience clear and I will sleep easy for the rest of my life, knowing that did my duty to Queen and country, as per the oath I gave to complete my naturalization process. (because some are not hypocrites)

Now off to the cinema for Independence Day :D

Soldato
Been and voted. Remain.

I may have considered Leave more if we had a humane government in charge, one I wouldn't seriously think would take away what remains of support for sick and disabled people if given the chance. While the EU certainly isn't perfect, it has safeguards that the small people in society need, people that have been trampled all over by this Tory government. A government that would feel invigorated to go even further if given the go ahead with a Leave decision.

That's what made me nearly vote remain as well. The EU is full of idiots, but they are not as idiotic as our lot. The only sticking point with me, is that even if we have idiots running the country we are able to vote them out and get another load of idiots in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom