The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Was told I wasn't allowed to use a pen in the polling station, used one regardless. What bizarre thing to say and just makes it seem dodgy

I have previously heard that they sometimes ban pens because ink can cause quite a mess if the pen owner wanted to be malicious.

Its not like they will have a huge team of people with rubbers and pencils, working furiously overnight...

#PhatInMyTinfoilHat

Associate
I still haven't decided, will be voting about 6pm tonight.

From being in the middle I went to leave back to the middle and now towards remain. The Brexit propaganda is so enticing, even this morning seeing it in the metro paper I felt a stir, but I have forced myself to step back and fact check in the last week and the facts paint a much more mundane story.

Brexit camp have failed to convince me mainly due to the lack of information on the kinds of deals we could strike. It seems strange that the leave camp have not completely ruled out being an EEA member as the EEA still has free movement policy. If we do not enter the EEA then we will need to strike deals with all 27 members from scratch.

Also the process in which we would need to reformulate all of our laws and regulations has not been explained. This would be a massively costly exercise and be open to it's own abuses.

Will decide when the paper is in front of me.

You need to watch BrexittheMovie. Explains everything and no mention of immigration at all.

Soldato
Slightly puzzled as to why we normally get John Oliver on a Monday evening without fail and yet this week as he's covered Brexit it's been moved to tonight at 10:45.

It's been moved as Sky have to be impartial when it comes to the vote (To stay in regulation with Ofcom), and by 10PM voting will have closed.

Good thing we have the internet for these things!

Caporegime
You forgot Putins tanks rolling through London, and the EU abolishing the Monarchy, to name but a few.

I never predicted that Putin's tanks would be rolling through London, I said that by the time the EU had decided to use their new army Putin's tanks would be rolling through the streets of London. A bit of nuance for you to comprehend.

Soldato
Finally decided to vote out after days on the fence. Ulimately decided so that we have more freedom on trade deals and the potintial to reduce red tape and waste. Also I think we are strong enough as a country to thrive in a worldwide market not just in europe.

See,this man has seen sense. :)

Im going later on to vote,So is my entire family (all out btw) but im taking my own pen,No way am i doing it with a bloody pencil they can rub out the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom