The Expanse

Soldato
Brilliant ending, similar to the ending of Babylon's ashes. I can see why those who haven't read the books would be angry. I can't see how it would be left as is though, I'm sure there is going to be more to properly finish the story.
@kindai See if you can read the books :)

Soldato
Considering the only had 6 episodes they did far better than I expected in ending the 1st arc of the story,and they put down enough groundwork for the last part of the story to be finished. However,the issue is whether Alcon wants to spend the sort of money which would give justice to it.

Caporegime
Assuming a significant chunk of the season's budget was spent on that episode, look forward to re-watching the space battles on YouTube.

Missed this but the internet did not, the names of the soldiers.."J Rico (Starship Troopers), D Idaho (Dune), E Ripley (Alien) W Riker (Star Trek) etc" :D.

Associate
Really enjoyed it. They wrapped up the Inaros storyline as well as could be. Even having read the books I was worried for Amos and Bobbie what with the series officially being over! Could have thrown some curve balls out for the book readers.

So what was the proto-molecule alien spaceship all about and what was the deal with those weird alien creatures and the zombie boy?

Those are things that do happen during the Inaros conflict but repercussions go waayyyyyyy beyond a 6 episode season. So if you really must know, pickup the books. Or wait and hope they get greenlit for at least three more series as that's the minimum how long it'll take to do the story.

Appreciate the confirmation, though still not sure what they were thinking signing off on such radical deviations from the novels. Particularly Laconia, unless it all makes sense in Ep6.

?!? Are you sure you're not reading something else? ;)

Good summary of the last episode with context here:
The Expanse Season 6 Finale Explained by Alt Shift X *SPOILERS* - YouTube

Last edited:
Associate
Decent enough job of adapting what was left of the book, I can see why people are going to be upset since all the resolution to Laconia and the Protomolecule is in the books/seasons that will likely never be made though.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Never read the books, so for me it was a really enjoyable ending. Season concluded nicely and while there are some questions left unanswered, if they dont make another season I will still be happy with how this ended.

Soldato
Missed this but the internet did not, the names of the soldiers.."J Rico (Starship Troopers), D Idaho (Dune), E Ripley (Alien) W Riker (Star Trek) etc" :D.
Jut watching now, haven't googled any names.
I noticed these from the list on the monitor:

G Ackbar (Star Wars)
D Quaid (Total Recall)
C Shepard (Mass Effect)
D Hicks (Aliens)
W Hudson (Aliens)
J Vasquez (Aliens)
R Deckard (Blade Runner)
K Thrace (BSG)
S Connor (Terminator)
K Flynn (Tron)

Soldato
There's also reference to a the BFG from Doom, when Bobby is pinned down on the walkway during that battle (the soldier that's aiming at her has an RPG weapon designated BFG9001) at 37minutes:55seconds or thereabouts.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Jut watching now, haven't googled any names.
I noticed these from the list on the monitor:

G Ackbar (Star Wars)
D Quaid (Total Recall)
C Shepard (Mass Effect)
D Hicks (Aliens)
W Hudson (Aliens)
J Vasquez (Aliens)
R Deckard (Blade Runner)
K Thrace (BSG)
S Connor (Terminator)
K Flynn (Tron)

Ripley from the Alien films is there too. It's like the ultimate sci-fi bad-*** team :D

Soldato
Great ending to the Inaros storyline. A fitting SEASON end, but it is apparent they are hoping to be picked up for more seasons - there was no resolution to the protomolocule or Laconia dog/zombie boy.

The Space battle was a bit chaotic and then very quickly, just....over. As the crew were circling around Inaros I thought they liked looked vultures and were about to mutiny with Filip coming out and being the leader of the mutiny.

Ground battle was bad ass!

Soldato
I wasn't sure how they were going to wrap it all up but they sure did a good job with the last episode, With the ring in the end credits hinting at what's to come I really hope Amazon or someone else picks this back up.

Back
Top Bottom