The F.A. Cup Final 2006 Thread Liverpool vs West Ham *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Did anyone see Cisse after getting his medal acting digusted at the little medal he got.

The medal did look no bigger than a 10p coin inside a big case.

From Cisse's attitude, he looked right pee'd off with little thing.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Shame i was really hoping West Ham would have won this match, they definitely deserved it...more so over Liverpool...bloody scousers winning another trophy by pure luck and penalties:p. Can Liverpool not win a trophy in regular time?? lol :p

Sorry no way Liverpool should have won that game, but anyways well done to them for another jammy win...just like last year when they beat AC Milan in the Euro cup:p:D

Lol - are you being deliberately provocative? :p

Well, I see where you come form. All of Liverpool's goals were jammy and none of West Hams were. And of course, Liverpool had the easy route to the final, only via Chelsea and Man U. It all becomes clear now!

Permabanned
Scream said:
Did anyone see Cisse after getting his medal acting digusted at the little medal he got.

Yeah was funny
Looked like it had no ribbon on it,don't know whether that was the problem,but was prob just not bling enough for his taste :)

Soldato
Vandle said:
Hehe , what makes you a Liverpool supporter then?
You were born in a West Ham area and your family are West Ham - whats your ties to Liverpool?

You know i have no idea really why i support liverpool; i think one of the first games i saw was arsenal vs liverpool for the title decider when michael thomas scored and arsenal won it on goal difference (is that correct!?) I think i just felt sorry for liverpool (i was only about 8 yrs old at the time) and started supporting them cos i felt sorry for them. Im no glory hunter either cos at that age i knew nothing of their past history! My only memories of West Ham are me as a baby in photos!! But i did feel for the Hammers yesterday, and if i have a second team its definately them!

I have grown up in Wembley and have had no real local team around me to support, so i guess i stuck with liverpool and have been with them ever since. Now i have been at uni in liverpool for 5 years i guess i am a true fan! I have seen us win everything except the championship, and it would be amazing if we did!

COME ON YOU REDS!

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Some pics of homecoming:

yay.jpg

yay 2.jpg

yay 3.jpg

yay 4.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Associate
Fantastic game of football that was played by two great teams in a fantastic city / setting, what more could any football fan ask for? Ive read all of this thread and I am struggling to understand some of the comments mae about Liverpool being jammy, not deserving to win and how west ham were robbed? Yes West Ham were unlucky not to win, but I feel the same would have been said for Liverpool had they not won because both teams deserved it and its the nature of the best in terms of a penalty shootout, its a lottery.

Liverpool Team Statistics West Ham United
3 Goals 3
1 1st Half Goals 2
5 Shots on Target 8
14 Shots off Target 5
3 Blocked Shots 2
5 Corners 4
13 Fouls 25
3 Offsides 2
2 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
79.4 Passing Success 72.5
31 Tackles 39
80.6 Tackles Success 64.1
63.3 Possession 36.7
55.3 Territorial Advantage 44.7

Thats the opta stats for the game, so how can anyone say that Liverpool didn't deserve to win? Whatever way you look at it all 3 of west ham's goals were fortutious to say the least, the first being an own goal, the second being a bad goal keeping error and the 3rd being a total and utter fluke.

Now how about Liverpools' goals? Crouch's was clearly onside and should have stood, Cisse's was brilliant and I agree he didn't get enough credit for it (great pass by Gerrard also). Gerrards 1st goal was superb as ive seen them blasted high and wide on many occasions this season ala Joe Cole in the semi final anyone? As for Gerrard's 3rd well words can't describe it. Point I m making is that all 3 Liverpool goals were good goals, scored when Liverpool were on top in the game and looking likely to score, just before Gerrard scored that wonder goal it was all Liverpool posession and West Ham were penned in, but granted I don't think any one could have predicted a strike such as that, its better than the goal he scored in the CL to get into the knockout stages last season, just an awesome goal and one of many that he has scored this season.

Another player that doesn't get the credit he deserves his Momo Sissoko, this kid is 21 years of age and is immense, truely immense, how many tackles did he win yesterday, there was one stage in extra time when Gerrard lost the ball and Momo won it back then Didi passed the ball forward and it was lost then Momo won it back then Momo had cramp but got up won it back again, he then beat two men passed it to KK and then went down with cramp, he was Unbelieveable! 120 mins into the game suffering from cramp he was literally doing the running of 4 men yesterday because when Alonso went off he was covering ground for 2 men and when Gerrard suffered from cramp and couldn't run he was running for 3 men and you could argue that he covered more ground for Didi when he came on and was doing a fantastic job at it. Without doubt our best signing this season by far, I think its no real surprise that since his return from injury Liverpool have gone unbeaten in all comps, says a lot for a young guy who is new to the country, team and way of football, he can only get better.

Rio-Coker was fantastic yesterday also and why he is not in the England squad along with SWP is a disgrace total and utter disgrace, I think Sven should take a good long hard look at his selection and admit he is making a mistake. Leaving him out is just nonsense as there is no way on this planet that Hargreaves is better than him. Hopefully someone will have a word with Sven and it will be sorted!

As for Sven, http://www.backpageimages.com/image/BPI_44661F2152C0B849239625.html what a muppet leaving 15mins early in normal time in one of the best FA Cup final games EVER, surely there was nothing that important he had to attend its not like he had to catch a flight to another game because there was no other game, total muppet!

Soldato
Ripper^ said:
Just a quick question... I have two ticket stubs i'll be sellling from the VIP area of the stadium. Where it says "The Football Association" on my stubs, would it normally say the persons name if it was in the normal areas of the ground?

link to picture of the stub below:

http://www.saywhatagain.co.uk/images/FA cup 2006/P1010054.JPG

Unlikely, although ive not seen a final ticket, it would probably have the issuing clubs name on it

Soldato
That was an amazing game.. watched it at a little known pub with HD set with about 5 of my mates and the owner :p

Stunning.

Made me laugh how pretty much every player who played was limping or hurt in one way or another - one thing's for sure; they all played their socks off :eek:

Did you see Sissoko(I think it was) hopping back when he hurt his leg to try cover? Dedication.

Soldato
Thank god I wasn't waiting as long as I did for the last homecoming. Only an extra hour this time :) The rain was handy as it allowed me to get some good shots of the fans desperate to see their heroes. Thankfully the rain stopped just as the bus turned up. I'll post my shots in a bit.

Soldato
OP
got back a couple of hours ago. Lost my voice and am totally exhausted but had a great two days in sunny Wales.

What a great game of football, both sets of fans got on famously and every West Ham fan I met I thanked for giving us such a great game. Felt really sympathetic towards them, penalties was no way to end a contest like that. Bring back good old fashioned replays I say.

And as for Stevie Gerrard's last....all I can say is WOW. Best.Goal.Ever

Caporegime
Scream said:

Yeah i saw that, it ws like he was saying 'Eh, wtf is this' or 'Eh is that it'. :D

What do you rekon William was saying to Crouch before the start at the handshaking, '**** me your a lanky ****'. :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah i saw that, it ws like he was saying 'Eh, wtf is this' or 'Eh is that it'. :D

What do you rekon William was saying to Crouch before the start at the handshaking, '**** me your a lanky ****'. :D

William was more likely saying "One is perplexed on how you, Mr Crouch got in to my mothers football team for the World Cup" ;)

Back
Top Bottom