The F.A. Cup Final 2006 Thread Liverpool vs West Ham *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Brilliant game, easily the best F.A Cup final I've ever seen. Unfortunate that there had to be a loser in the end.

*In my best Keegan voice

"I would love it if Gerrard joined Man Utd, love it."

Not going to happen though. :(

Soldato
gerrard wouldnt be as good playing for anyone else other than liverpool.

even though he is a fantastic player... but that extra 10% is because he is playing for liverpool

Soldato
[ASSE]Hinchy said:
Carragher's own goal... Didn't Traore do something similar against Burnley and get slated for it? Carragher tried to backheel it away and cocked it up completely. A simple left footed whack into the crowd would have been suffice.

I got the impression it was going into row Z until Reina gave him a shout then he tried to get out of the way to leave it and screwed it up.

Soldato
kaiowas said:
I got the impression it was going into row Z until Reina gave him a shout then he tried to get out of the way to leave it and screwed it up.

I agree, Carra could've easily booted it out with his leading foot, looks like he tried to leave it and it went in off his trailing foot.

Associate
Glad to see the anti-Pool munters still in here :) ;)

West Ham did play well, yes will give them that - they played like heros BUT they were the three flukiest, soppiest goals including an own goal and a fluffed cross that somehow found the back of the net.

Liverpool had three absolute cracking goals (and one defo NOT off side as the ball was played) and yes they did have to work for the win.

But at the end of the day, the silverware is going to the cabinet at Anfield....next to the European monster as well.

See you all next season...who knows what will happen then.

Soldato
What a game!! The beautiful game at its best.

Im a die-hard liverpool fan; i used to live next to upton park but i moved away from there when i was 1 yrs old, so unfortunately have no memories of the place..but the atmosphere at home today was amazing, my dad and my eldest bro supporting west ham...well its hard to describe....just lots of screaming and passion in what has to be the best final ever!!

But now i will have to buy a West Ham shirt; they are a great team and deserve the cup; i was really sad for them even tho my team won., but they deserve all the accolades and i am so happy that they have uefa cup football, which is a great reward for them :)

And for any Gerrard doubters out, he is the best player in the country, and probably the best midfielder/player in the world. I say player because he can play in any position all over the park, and i am not aware of any other player who can do that as well as he does.

Gerrard, you're a true legend! We salute you!

Permabanned
malefic said:
Glad to see the anti-Pool munters still in here :) ;)

West Ham did play well, yes will give them that - they played like heros BUT they were the three flukiest, soppiest goals including an own goal and a fluffed cross that somehow found the back of the net.

Liverpool had three absolute cracking goals (and one defo NOT off side as the ball was played) and yes they did have to work for the win.

But at the end of the day, the silverware is going to the cabinet at Anfield....next to the European monster as well.

See you all next season...who knows what will happen then.

Hopefully you will win **** all, smug as **** or what.

I hope Raffa goes to Real, boring Liverpool for the next 40 games. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Nogimmix said:
Reo-Coker & Ashton for England!!

They are much better than Hargreaves & Crouch.

I think if ashton had stayed on West Ham would have gone on to win it.
Things started going pear shaped when he went off and they couldnt hold the ball up any more.

Soldato
Naan_H said:
And for any Gerrard doubters out, he is the best player in the country, and probably the best midfielder/player in the world. I say player because he can play in any position all over the park, and i am not aware of any other player who can do that as well as he does.

Gerrard, you're a true legend! We salute you!

Total agree mate. ;)

Caporegime
Shame i was really hoping West Ham would have won this match, they definitely deserved it...more so over Liverpool...bloody scousers winning another trophy by pure luck and penalties:p:D. Can Liverpool not win a trophy in regular time?? lol :p

Sorry no way Liverpool should have won that game, but anyways well done to them for another jammy win...just like last year when they beat AC Milan in the Euro cup:p:D

Associate
cheets64 said:
Hopefully you will win **** all, smug as **** or what.

I hope Raffa goes to Real, boring Liverpool for the next 40 games. :rolleyes:

LMAO - bitter.

Boring - you call that game boring?

There was no smugness in the post - I said the hammers played like heroes, and they did get the 3 softest goals ever.

I also stated that Liverpool had to play their boots of to win as West Ham were playing well - but Liverpool did score 3 spectacular goals, show me any other match this season that has seen 3 goals in 90 minutes of that calibre.

As for the silverware comment, yes the FA Cup will now sit next to the European that we again had to play our boots off to win.

I can only guess the team you support either won nothing this season, or you were knocked out by pool along the way (probably also play in red and not too far from Liverpool is my bet).

So I do soooo apologise for being proud of a team I have supported since I was a kid, through thick and thin, through the great days where Liverpool could do nothing wrong to the current days where they have to play their boots off to get anywhere.

So, with that I see your rolleyes, and raise you another :rolleyes:

Get a grip - my comments were due to pride in a team that pulled out all the stops to come back from certain defeat.......

Last edited:
Permabanned
What a day,what a match
Everthings been said already,can we do anything the easy way? :D
Feel for West Ham,they did everthing they could and more yet just wan't to be.
Whilst the WH goals were a bit fortuitous in themselves,the lead was deserved ,but you can't argue the quality of any of the pool goals,simply awesome.
I thought Cisse got a bit hard done by for his goal,deserves a lot more credit for the finish than anyone seemd to give him yesterday on the commentary.
Thought the JAR reaction to scoring his peno was pretty damned special too,you could tell how much that meant after Milan

Hope Wembley hits a few more problems tbh,cos jeez,Cardiff has done us proud :D

Back
Top Bottom