• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Soldato
Nah. I tried to use it as a weapon (got the transmitter) for the Archimedes II death ray. But, this play through has been based around getting Arcade Gannon to open up about the Enclave and open the remnants bunker for me (I want the power armour. Already got the story about Veronica being a lesbian)

Any way, when I set it up for Archimedes II Arcade Gannon flipped the lid and stomped off :( So I ended up sending the power to West Side and Freeside.

I'm sided with the NCR, but they have power from Hoover Dam.

I started with the main story,but have decided to finish the DLCs first so I can level up higher. FO:NV has been a great game so far!!

Soldato
Nope. But I am impress what they've achieved with 294mm^2. I'm going to wait for high-end kepler. You?

To put it frankly,£400 is too much for my gaming tastes.

I will be quite interested in the £150 to £250 range cards,ie,basically the HD7870(which should be dropping in price to that range now) and the GTX660TI and see how these duke it out.

A GTX480 would probably do me fine at the current prices,but I have an SFF PC,so I am limited with regards to card length,weight and possibly thermals.

Last edited:
Associate
To put it frankly,£400 is too much for my gaming tastes.

I will be quite interested in the £150 to £250 range cards,ie,basically the HD7870(which should be dropping in price to that range now) and the GTX660TI and see how these duke it out.

A GTX480 would probably do me fine at the current prices,but I have an SFF PC,so I am limited with regards to card length,weight and possibly thermals.

That's true. Even if I had a 460 I wouldn't by at these UK prices of £420+.

If it was £377 as the RRP should be based on US pricing and adding VAt, then I may have got one... but still only if I had a slower card. for now I'm good waiting for the super high end

Soldato
I started with the main story,but have decided to finish the DLCs first so I can level up higher. FO:NV has been a great game so far!!

Third playthrough for me !

First one was the learning one, where you realise how many factions there are. I didn't know about some of them until it was too late and they hated me :D

I chose E-DE and Veronica cos she's hawt :D Well, in real life she is :D

Then I realised that if you stick with a companion they open up and you find out interesting things. Gannon is a bit of a puss, but he does hold probably the best secret. So I've got to keep the git happy lol.

The DLC are tragic for it though IMO. I loved Dead Money (though not the first time around I hasten to add) but the rest are poopants. Well, maybe not Old World Blues, but the rest are embarrassing.

Have already beheaded Caesar with a Anti Materiel and a 50mg incendiary and taken out the entire camp, so basically now the only haters are the powder gangers, and they're muppets any way.

Soldato
That's true. Even if I had a 460 I wouldn't by at these UK prices of £420+.

If it was £377 as the RRP should be based on US pricing and adding VAt, then I may have got one... but still only if I had a slower card. for now I'm good waiting for the super high end

I am also quite lucky that I have no interest in BF3,and many of the games I am interested this year are mostly UE3 based.

OTH,Metro:Last Light may make my card cry!! :(

Soldato
Third playthrough for me !

First one was the learning one, where you realise how many factions there are. I didn't know about some of them until it was too late and they hated me :D

I chose E-DE and Veronica cos she's hawt :D Well, in real life she is :D

Then I realised that if you stick with a companion they open up and you find out interesting things. Gannon is a bit of a puss, but he does hold probably the best secret. So I've got to keep the git happy lol.

The DLC are tragic for it though IMO. I loved Dead Money (though not the first time around I hasten to add) but the rest are poopants. Well, maybe not Old World Blues, but the rest are embarrassing.

Have already beheaded Caesar with a Anti Materiel and a 50mg incendiary and taken out the entire camp, so basically now the only haters are the powder gangers, and they're muppets any way.

I assume you did not play Fallout 3?? That was also pretty good. Powder Gangers are annoying gits!! E-DE and Veronica are good companions especially with the banter.

Soldato
I assume you did not play Fallout 3?? That was also pretty good. Powder Gangers are annoying gits!! E-DE and Veronica are good companions especially with the banter.

7 playthroughs mate. Including about 15 third party DLC as well as all the mods.

Fair to say I'm pretty fed up of it now :D

It is the better game out of the two though. You can tell FONV was only in dev for around 18 months or so, as it's far easier to just complete the game quickly.

I'm trying now to make FONV last (when all is said and done like FO3 I will have seen every last small side quest and outcome there is to see) until the next one. Though I am praying it's not a MMO because I don't do those due to my addictive nature. I would end up rotting at the PC lol.

Soldato
After finally reading the TPU review..I don't know really, I find it hard to assess this card, one thing that mystifier's me is why it runs so hot and noisy when it's so power efficient :confused: (essentially with 580 fan and cooler) all I can think is the blocked exhaust is the problem.

I have no doubt many will be happy with this but I'm going to wait for the full fat kepler, Just like the real men around here !:D

Soldato
After finally reading the TPU review..I don't know really, I find it hard to assess this card, one thing that mystifier's me is why it runs so hot and noisy when it's so power efficient :confused: (essentially with 580 fan and cooler) all I can think is the blocked exhaust is the problem.

I have no doubt many will be happy with this but I'm going to wait for the full fat kepler, Just like the real men around here !:D

balls to TPU, most of us are buying this card to play games not decode/encode HD videos

Back
Top Bottom