• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Associate
im thinking of going for the 7970 when it drops a little, its a great card and you get what you pay for, who nows when nvidia kepler comes out 7970 could rise if the kepler isnt even tht good.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, a statement like:

"I am waiting for kepler to launch to lower prices and grab whatever gives me the best bang for my buck" makes a whole load of sense.

Caporegime
http://www.techpowerup.com/161587/GK104-Based-Products-Arriving-March-23.html

Expreview cited sources in the AIC (add-in card) vendors in pinning the launch of GeForce Kepler 104 (GK104) based products to March 23. The products launched are expected to be NVIDIA's first in its next-generation. Some label the top part based on GK104 as "GeForce GTX 670 Ti", while others call it "GeForce GTX 680". A March 23 launch explains reports of hectic activity in the green camp starting this week. NVIDIA typically enters NDAs with its partners over a wide time range, probably this one extends to April (since the launch is now reported to be towards late-March), which led some to believe Kepler was "delayed" to April. NVIDIA recently posted on its Facebook wall that people will be rewarded for their patience with an "unbeatable" product.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...orce-GTX-780&p=5061682&viewfull=1#post5061682

Last edited:
Associate
People waited 6 months or more for the initial Fermi cards, then bought them even though it made absolutely no sense at all.

My watercooled pair of 480's (purchased April/May 10) can still go toe to toe with any dual GPU setup available right now (obviously the just released 7970's would beat it). How would a pair of 5870's match up?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom