US: The Flash (2014)

Caporegime
To be fair, regarding fastest speedster alive, I think we can see that they have found the easiest way to ensure this is by disposing of anyone faster rather than Barry actually getting faster. As for fastest speedster ever, well, history is written by the winners, so easy enough to justify that statement too :)

I suppose.......

Still they could have at least made it look like he was faster than Savitar rather than same old speed Barry..... :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
What a painful episode.

Iris' acting was, worse than normal
The robot samurai special effects, from the 90's.
Barry going mental resolved in half an episode
The whole cisco "theres nothing out there except..." wind turbines? So?
Killer frost / Caitlin working in a bar? Really?

Soldato
That was a really garbage episode for a season opener, talk about not starting strong. Barry being trapped in the speedforce was a complete anti-climax because they brought him back so quickly and then nonsensically discarded the fact that he had seemingly lost his mind. All it took was Joe shouting that Iris was in trouble for Barry to be back to normal. Also, I really hope there's something more to the symbols he was drawing and they are going to revisit that at some point, otherwise it feels like they were just padding the episode to create a bit of tension.

I really didn't like Caitlin coming back so soon either. I don't mind her character or the actor who plays her, but just like with Barry it seemed like a cop-out to bring her back so fast.

Caporegime
I skip any scene with Joe, usually any scene with Barry/Iris, I feel Iris as team leader will be added to this list - which begs the question, why I am watching this show :p.

It can take over my the guilty pleasure duties for The Last Ship :D!

Soldato
I don't know how far Barry/Iris live from Jitters coffee shop but someone should calculate the speed he travelled to go get coffee in the time it took for a pancake to flip!:rolleyes:

I bet it's probably faster than he went whilst chasing the robot in the wind farm when he was being the "fastest speedster ever".

EDIT: Okay the grenade scene was even better. Can grab individual pieces of shrapnel in an explosion, can't dodge a punch.:D

Last edited:
Soldato
This weeks episode was the first time Ive switched it off half way through. I know a lot have people have mentioned it in the past, but if this series carries on like this weeks episode I will stop watching it.

Only highlight was the girls legs :o

Soldato
Yeah, that was shocking. The background story was the main story (Iris's feelings), the main story was the background (guy with computer powers), everything else was comedy (dismantles car at high speed, suit blows up like a balloon), or Sisco's girlfriend issues. If they are doing filler episodes this early on, they are really a bit lost already. They probably don't know what to do without an evil speedster to sneakily join the team. Teen drama is obviously easier and cheaper to write than actual superhero stuff.

Back
Top Bottom