• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
This is GTA on my 290X :-

GTA5_2015_07_25_20_12_15_541.jpg

This is it on my 2x Furys. :-

GTA5_2015_08_14_18_45_36_636.jpg

Exact same settings, exact same drivers, but notice the memory amounts, Furys are using more, and have more available (also the memory bar looks empty).

Anyone else get that, on a single Fury, and on the FuryX when i had one, i had 8384410 MB available (but can't remember if it was saying the same amount used now though).

If i swap back to my 290X, it goes back to the correct memory used/available, and runs smooth as a babys bum, just don't understand it.

This is Win7 64bit, 15.7 WHQLs.

Last edited:
Associate

Exact same settings, exact same drivers, but notice the memory amounts, Furys are using more, and have more available (also the memory bar looks empty).

Anyone else get that, on a single Fury, and on the FuryX when i had one, i had 8384410 MB available (but can't remember if it was saying the same amount used now though).

If i swap back to my 290X, it goes back to the correct memory used/available, and runs smooth as a babys bum, just don't understand it.

did you reinstall now or not also try windows 10 maybe

Associate
Loadsa, so you are still too lazy to reinstall the game and drivers? :)
Also I hope you done a typo with driver version, since AMD has 15.7.1 out for few weeks now ;)

did you try switching the 'Ignore suggested Limits' on or off couple of times? Also I suggest to switch that setting to on ;)

also, in unrelated or maybe related stuff: AMD has separate drivers for win 7, 8.1 and 10. Win 7 drivers will not work with win 8.1, and win 10. This is on Fury x, since I did not try this with other cards.
Before fury x release AMD used to have single installer for win7/8, as long as bitness is the same, they wouldn't care. But when fury x was released I used win 7 drivers on win 8, thinking it is the same file, and I was greeted with various issues.

Last edited:
Soldato

A quick way to reinstall is: backup the gta folder, uninstall game, copy gta folder back, download gta launcher from social club. then install gta in the same gta folder and it will not have to re download 60GB. I have done this a few times, also setting the shadows to normal gets rid of stutter.

Caporegime
Loadsa, so you are still too lazy to reinstall the game and drivers? :)
Also I hope you done a typo with driver version, since AMD has 15.7.1 out for few weeks now ;)

did you try switching the 'Ignore suggested Limits' on or off couple of times? Also I suggest to switch that setting to on ;)

also, in unrelated or maybe related stuff: AMD has separate drivers for win 7, 8.1 and 10. Win 7 drivers will not work with win 8.1, and win 10. This is on Fury x, since I did not try this with other cards.
Before fury x release AMD used to have single installer for win7/8, as long as bitness is the same, they wouldn't care. But when fury x was released I used win 7 drivers on win 8, thinking it is the same file, and I was greeted with various issues.

No, i will give them a try, im just not sure how to reinstall GTA, will i have to sign out of the social club before-hand (when i run the game, it auto signs me in and loads), will i have to re-install the socal club again ?

Will try different drivers, but i don't know why that would work though, as same drivers are used for my 290X, and it runs superb on it.

Also, im not trying Win10, as not going to it yet, and its only this one single game thats buggered up, all others are fine.

Also, it only happens the one way.

If i uninstall drivers with my 290X in, switch off, swap my 290 for my Furys, reinstall drivers, i get the memory prob in the second shot, games stutters, hitches like buggery.

If i uninstall the drivers with my Furys in, switch off, swap them out for my 290, reinstall the drivers, it then goes back to memory used/available in the first shot (290X), and runs smooth as a babys bum.

Why don't i have to reinstall the game etc..., when i go back to my 290X after FX/Furys, it just works, its really baffling.

Caporegime
ive got 2 x 290 tri-x and ive had enough of the lack of crossfire support so im considering going down the 1 card route @ 1080 144hz would one of these be fine for all current games ?

Should be fine, even a single 290X is fine for 1080p 144Hz, i used to run that, and everthing ran great. :)

EDIT: Just had a mare, tried Evil Within, had to redo my settings, res was undefined, sorted that, had a play, was fine, switched my monitor off for a bit, then when i turned it back on, just black screen, nothing could get it back, restarted, got an out of range, wouldn't boot, restarted again, it kicked in, booted, but black screen, so switched monitor off again, back on, and came back on fine, wtf :p

Weird, as been switching it off and on all day, and never had a prob, so may have just been Evil Within that buggered it, when the res was undefined, and it was well blocky being so low, dunno.

Still can't believe how quiet these are, amazing.

Going to try deleting my GTA settings.xml, cfg.dat, and pc_settings bin files, as could just be my config going boobies up.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, i will give them a try, im just not sure how to reinstall GTA, will i have to sign out of the social club before-hand (when i run the game, it auto signs me in and loads), will i have to re-install the socal club again ?

Will try different drivers, but i don't know why that would work though, as same drivers are used for my 290X, and it runs superb on it.

Also, im not trying Win10, as not going to it yet, and its only this one single game thats buggered up, all others are fine.

Also, it only happens the one way.

If i uninstall drivers with my 290X in, switch off, swap my 290 for my Furys, reinstall drivers, i get the memory prob in the second shot, games stutters, hitches like buggery.

If i uninstall the drivers with my Furys in, switch off, swap them out for my 290, reinstall the drivers, it then goes back to memory used/available in the first shot (290X), and runs smooth as a babys bum.

Why don't i have to reinstall the game etc..., when i go back to my 290X after FX/Furys, it just works, its really baffling.

I'd maybe try the launcher thing before reinstalling. You never know.

Edit: Also what happens if you set everything to absolute minimum settings?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd maybe try the launcher thing before reinstalling. You never know.

Edit: Also what happens if you set everything to absolute minimum settings?

Will give it a try, i dropped some settings to get it under 4gb, but still seemed stuttery, gona have a good fiddle with it tomorrow :)

Can i get the launcher through social club, as i got it, and running it through Steam ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

Happens a lot with multiple cards, here is an old one on some other cards.

XFi2DBd.jpg

Soldato
Tried that, didn't work though :(, thanks anyway :)

Just ran the Metro LL bench.

Settings used :-

Lighty_xfire_Settings.jpg

Results :-

Metro_LL_Results.jpg

WOW! :eek:

:D

you could backup the gta game folder, uninstall it close steam and then copy it back and reload steam, then steam might not have to re download the full 60GB but it will do the first run install. I have not tried this so not 100% that it will work?

Caporegime
Happens a lot with multiple cards, here is an old one on some other cards.

snip...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Kaap, least its not just happening to me then, still got the memory bar filled a bit though. :p

Just ran Tomb Raider bench, these settings :-

[IMG]http://s14.postimg.org/cuhk75q7l/Tomb_Settings.jpg

Tomb_Settings2.jpg

Results :-

108 min
145.9 max
133.4 avg

:D

you could backup the gta game folder, uninstall it close steam and then copy it back and reload steam, then steam might not have to re download the full 60GB but it will do the first run install. I have not tried this so not 100% that it will work?

Not sure myself, but thanks anyway :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
GTAV and Dying Light both run fine for me on a single card. Been having a nightmare today with constant blue screening with "IRQL not less or equal" messages, I finally seem to have it fixed but I lost a full 2tb drive of games (400 odd games) that I'm now having to redownload, My U-play stuff and the rest was Steam. That's annoying as now the drive won't let Steam use it???? It's letting U-play though. I'll figure it out. I think Win 10 was the original cause but by the time the pc was working again I ended up with a corrupt drive, It could be worse, I have 4 drives on it totalling 7 tb's so at least only one was lost. It's funny cause I bought a 2tb external last week and transferred all my modding data off the pc and into that so I never lost anything important, If I hadn't done that I'd be pulling my hair out now.

Last edited:
Associate
Loadsa, why are you afraid of social club stuff? do you have some custom crap in it, or what? Everything up there is in the cloud. unless you don't remember the log in details.
all you need to do is right click on gta in steam and delete local content, and reinstall it. or there is some really weird issue with drivers for you. Did you say you did not try 15.7.1? This driver sorted quite a few things in GTA V.
Thing with furys now is that we have to update to every new driver coming in as they are fixing and improving a lot of things. If you had old card, like 290x where everything is fixed and sorted, then yeah, you can stay with older driver revision, which works best for you. With brand new tech we need to keep updating drivers ;)

Caporegime
Loadsa, why are you afraid of social club stuff? do you have some custom crap in it, or what? Everything up there is in the cloud. unless you don't remember the log in details.
all you need to do is right click on gta in steam and delete local content, and reinstall it. or there is some really weird issue with drivers for you. Did you say you did not try 15.7.1? This driver sorted quite a few things in GTA V.
Thing with furys now is that we have to update to every new driver coming in as they are fixing and improving a lot of things. If you had old card, like 290x where everything is fixed and sorted, then yeah, you can stay with older driver revision, which works best for you. With brand new tech we need to keep updating drivers ;)

Im not afraid, just don't want it to bugger up, i can't get back in or whatever, to play the game, i know my log in details :p

Havn't tried the 15.7.1s yet, but will do, gona try some things out over the weekend, see if i can sort it out :)

Sniper v2 bench.

Got an average of 125.9fps

These settings :-

Resolution - 2560x1440
Texture Detail - Ultra
Shadow Detail - Ultra
Draw Distance - Ultra
AA - Off
Advanced Shadows - High
SuperSampling - 2.25x
Anisotropic Level - 16x
Compute Shaders - On
Ambient Occlusion - On
Motion Blur - On
V-sync - Off

Associate
Loadsa, nothing will bugger up for you. It is all in the cloud as I said. I done complete reinstall of the OS with the game, and just downloaded it again.
Though I did use Game Save Manager program which fionds all your games in the PC and saves all the user files. and then just restores them. so you can try that one as well, just for the peace of mind ;)

and seriously, we are not interested in 1440p on 2 cards, use 4k :p :D

Back
Top Bottom