• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
My fury x has really bad coil whine, especially on menus I know its not the EEEE because I removed the cheapo cooler master AIO. My mini 970 does not have coil whine as far as I have noticed, my 780Ti had some though but I dont remember it being as loud as the fury x

It doesnt really concern me though, its just an additional inperfection
to add to the long list

Associate
Coil whine is a universal problem. I had a FX which had aweful coil whine. Main issue was it wouldnt work with my DP to DVI adaptor however so I DSRd it (different retailor) and bought a hybrid 980ti here (with a dvi port). It also has aweful coil whine!

Don
Coil whine is a universal problem. I had a FX which had aweful coil whine. Main issue was it wouldnt work with my DP to DVI adaptor however so I DSRd it (different retailor) and bought a hybrid 980ti here (with a dvi port). It also has aweful coil whine!

Yup it is a problem that effects both GPU manufacturers, it is just a lottery.

Caporegime
Yup it is a problem that effects both GPU manufacturers, it is just a lottery.

Congrats on the Underboss job Stanners and a good choice I say. :cool:

On topic - I can really sympathise with coil whine owners and I have been extremely lucky not to have had it but one of the builds I did for a mate a while back moaned a few weeks ago about his 290 having it and after popping round and hearing it, OMG **** that :D

I tried swapping PCI cables and tried beasting the **** out of it but no joy. He isn't fussed and games with headphones but horrible horrible noise.

Associate
UPDATE:

Spoke with Dan this morning as I was not getting anywhere and agreed to have it refunded as unwanted... thank god for that... as I could not live with whining beside me.. that is the OcuK I am used to and reason I will keep shopping here..

Question is should I go for another 3rd Fury X or buy something else now???

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone had any success mounting a Fury X in a Corsair Air 540 case that already has a 240mm AIO using the top two fan spaces, with 3 x 120mm fans on the intake and 1 x 140mm fan for exhaust (Most. Specific. Question. Ever)? I'm considering one for the next GPU upgrade, and I'm guessing it would mean sacrificing the 140mm exhaust fan, as there would be little chance of just sticking the Fury's rad on the existing exhaust fan in a push/pull config.

I also own a Corsair Air 540 and a 240mm AIO (H105) and had a setup very similar to yours with a 290x. I had the chance to test the fury x out for a short time on Saturday, before it died on me. :(
The Fury watercooler was too big to fit as the rear exhaust with the 240mm radiator at the top, as the left fan was in the way. However, I do think this would work with 15mm slim fans on the 240mm. I'll give it a quick test tomorrow evening when I have my replacement card.

Back
Top Bottom