• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
No hassle at all. It's really simple to install. It's a bit more hassle for me as I'm using four.

Hassle as in finding a place to place the rads. I use the NZXT H440 and if I want 3 Fury X I lose nearly all my chassis fans since I have an H110iGT up top.

Means things would get hot.

I'm certainly keeping an eye on AMD again. Looking forward to seeing the Fury Y next year hopefully. :D

Caporegime
I've tried running windows update bud, only thing it finds is AMD Audio driver :(

Is there a direct link i could have? appreciate the help Matt.

Sorry mate, it's only available Via Windows Update as the Operating System is still in Beta. As the official release approaches, we'll make drivers available for it via AMD.com.

Associate
Sorry mate, it's only available Via Windows Update as the Operating System is still in Beta. As the official release approaches, we'll make drivers available for it via AMD.com.

There's no driver available for me via Windows Update either (For Win 10); only the audio driver.

This is very poor, considering this is my first AMD card for years.

Soldato
There's no driver available for me via Windows Update either (For Win 10); only the audio driver.

This is very poor, considering this is my first AMD card for years.

seriously its a beta OS with a newly launched card and you expect that to work flawlessly? there havent been support for unreleased stuff for anything.
use win 8.1

Associate
Very quick set of numbers with a couple of games.

Bear in mind I'm only at 1080p atm until I can get the leads for Eyefinity.

-Win 7 64bit
-i7 2600
-16gb Ram

Witcher 3 - Everything Maxed including Hairworks.
Max - 68
Avg - 59

Dirt Rally - Everything Maxed MSAA
Max - 123
Avg - 81

Dirt Rally - Everything Maxed (ESAA?)
Max - 106
Avg - 69

Project Cars - Everything Maxed
Max - 69
Avg - 39

GTA 5 this is the only one I'm a little worried about tbh with the Fury only having 4Gb. With everything maxed including the advanced graphics (except the upscale)

Max - 51
Avg - 32

By turning down a few settings I managed to get it to avg in the 50s but yea a little disappointed by that but then is there any single card that can run GTA5 with all them advanced settings maxed ,other than the 12gb Titan?

I'm off to try get some mini dp to normal dp adapters so I'll post 5760x1080 results later if they're any different.

EDIT: sorry forgot to add my 3DMark- Firestrike 11 850

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Why have you gone from Titan X to Fury X? Seems like a straight downgrade to me, but each to their own I guess.

He never said he's went from one to another. :confused:

Also, you're assuming on early reviews that are varied which isn't much to go on. There will not be a lot of people buying FuryXs that are running only 1080p and at 1440p and above the card starts to hold it's own. This is on immature drivers and without voltage control so I'd hold your opinionated view on the card as it may improve.

There are far too many pessimistic people jumping on the FuryX.

Associate
seriously its a beta OS with a newly launched card and you expect that to work flawlessly? there havent been support for unreleased stuff for anything.
use win 8.1

That's really helpful. Maybe if you'd like to bother reading the thread, you'll see that there SHOULD BE A DRIVER AVAILABLE via Windows update, but two of us can't seem to see it.

Associate
That's really helpful. Maybe if you'd like to bother reading the thread, you'll see that there SHOULD BE A DRIVER AVAILABLE via Windows update, but two of us can't seem to see it.

Complain about microsoft and windows not being able to give you the driver then?

It is after all, a beta OS, with a BRAND new product. If you cared that much you could use windows 8.1

Seriously... its so far from AMD's fault its not even funny.
It's almost as silly as blaming the company who picked your coffee beans because one of the other 25 companies in the chain screwed up.

Associate
Complain about microsoft and windows not being able to give you the driver then?

It is after all, a beta OS, with a BRAND new product. If you cared that much you could use windows 8.1

Seriously... its so far from AMD's fault its not even funny.
It's almost as silly as blaming the company who picked your coffee beans because one of the other 25 companies in the chain screwed up.

Seriously, this thread is "Fury x owners thread" not "Touch self in public".

Soldato
Hassle as in finding a place to place the rads. I use the NZXT H440 and if I want 3 Fury X I lose nearly all my chassis fans since I have an H110iGT up top.

Means things would get hot.

I'm certainly keeping an eye on AMD again. Looking forward to seeing the Fury Y next year hopefully. :D

I have an H440, as well as 3 AIOs (1 CPU and 2 GPU). I removed all bar two of the HD bays at the front to make way for the GPU rads. Works rather well.

Back
Top Bottom