• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Gamers Guide To Mantle

Intel approached AMD about access to Mantle

Intel has approached AMD about access to its game-boosting Mantle technology, an AMD executive said Friday.

Intel, for its part, confirmed that it has indeed asked AMD for access to the Mantle technology, for what it referred to as an "experiment". However, an Intel spokesman said that it remains committed to what it calls open standards like Microsoft's DirectX API... http://www.pcworld.com/article/2365909/intel-approached-amd-about-access-to-mantle.html

Been doing some digging around regarding the new Mantle title launching friday, Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare.

Incase this link below does not work, forward video to 30:03.

http://youtu.be/p0yuhVbps4A?t=30m3s

Plants Vs Zombies Mantle to work out of the box because of all the work done on Mantle in Battlefield 4. Hardline Beta users will remember Mantle/crossfire working on day 1 of the beta. As there is almost no driver work required via AMD once Mantle is implemented into the engine it just works on any Frostbite 3 title, if enabled by the dev/publisher.

EN9BpGc.jpg

Last edited:
Plants Vs Zombies Mantle to work out of the box because of all the work done on Mantle in Battlefield 4. Hardline Beta users will remember Mantle/crossfire working on day 1 of the beta. As there is almost no driver work required via AMD once Mantle is implemented into the engine it just works on any Frostbite 3 title, if enabled by the dev/publisher.

EN9BpGc.jpg

Not on my setup, all I got was single GPU usage.:(

I'm playing Plants Vs Zombies 4 days early and it has Mantle support. To what level im not yet sure, more to follow.

Snapped a few pics of the video options. A lot more quality settings than i was expecting. Will see if i can tweak resolution scaling, frame pacing etc via a User.Cfg file.

Edmrqgd.jpg

Y0i2sa3.jpg

75-85% scaling per gpu in Mantle in Plants Vs Zombies at 1440P Windowed mode. No idea what fps are. Does not appear to be a console that you can enter commands in to display a fps window.

E3 2014 game list

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2014

Possible Mantle games

**Already announced

Battlefield 5
Battlefield Hardline
Civilization: Beyond Earth **
Dragon Age: Inquisition **
Mass Effect 4
Mirror's Edge 2
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars (Visceral Project)

I would expect most of these, if not all of them to have Mantle support come release. Mantle is built into the Frostbite 3 engine, but it's up to EA/Dev to provide support for it on a game per game basis.

Don't tease me man another starwars battle front! *drools* yes I loved the franchise ! with more and more support from games developers and the price points of amd cards over competitors its no wonder a lot including my self are looking at them for my next upgrade.

Last edited:
That wouldn't show what mantle is giving though. I be very surprised if the game don't have a config to enable fps.

Try using bf3 show fps that was different to how bf4 is.

But atm you have NO idea :rolleyes:
It's reasonable to hope DX FPS + some is mantle and it would give you a figure to compare to if someone does find a fps counter ingame

Mantle working well, scaling is good. Fps around 140-190. However whenever i fire a projectile with a plant there is a spike in the overlay which lowers fps. Not sure if it is a game or API issue, i suspect game. Guess i can't complain too much as im playing it before release. Fixed by using vsync as the fps drop is unoticeable then. Will put up some video footage and you'll see what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom