• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Gamers Guide To Mantle

Time will tell. It's not just crytek who use the cryengine am sure they make more money from other developers using there engine.
They also recently released it on steam so even more can start using it, whether this will support mantle time will tell again.

If crysis 4 got announced and supports mantle and sure it will sell very well.

Intel approached AMD about access to Mantle

"I know that Intel have approached us for access to the Mantle interfaces, et cetera," Huddy said. " And right now, we've said, give us a month or two, this is a closed beta, and we'll go into the 1.0 [public release] phase sometime this year, which is less than five months if you count forward from June. They have asked for access, and we will give it to them when we open this up, and we'll give it to anyone who wants to participate in this."

Mantle's roadmap

The Mantle drivers are part of AMD's Catalyst software, a wrapper for AMD's software drivers. Huddy described Catalyst as "a little long in the tooth," and said his understanding was that AMD planned to "rev it" with a new update soon.

For now, Mantle's focus is on improving the frame rates of games that tap into it, an easy way to sell AMD's performance to the numbers-obsessed world of gamers and benchmarking sites. That doesn't preclude AMD spending resources to improve the graphical quality, though.

"Our very first iteration has primarily focused on a performance differentiation, but we do know with that extra performance we can spend it on extra [image] quality," Huddy said.

Full Article
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2365909/intel-approached-amd-about-access-to-mantle.html

Very interesting to hear about a possible Catalyst revision, if you think about it unified drivers are a similar concept to what we're talking about with Mantle's future (supporting multiple hardware configs). I wonder what they want to change?

I've been thinking about going AMD for my next card and this is certainly interesting reading. The 290x seems to outperform the 780 in quite a few games despite being much cheaper.

What are the difference in fps for those who have been reading comparisions for weeks? Is it minimum avg or max that is going up? Because i would expect Mantle to be upping the minimums which are the only fps that counts for me.

I guess i am going to have to google it myself unless Matt remembers it by hand.

What are the difference in fps for those who have been reading comparisions for weeks? Is it minimum avg or max that is going up? Because i would expect Mantle to be upping the minimums which are the only fps that counts for me.

I guess i am going to have to google it myself unless Matt remembers it by hand.
Minimums mainley.

Yea those are awesome gains for someone who wants to game at 120hz. But i am going to have to sit down and find some for a 4770k too. I wonder is Mantle an example of what it can do for low end AMD cpu's or all cpu's in limited scenarios. I never remembered the minimums sticking out like that and since im leaving 60hz behind it has become the go to thing for me now considering some titles are complete pigs with minimums.

Thanks for posting that for me though Humbug it has perked my interest to find more.

Humbug's mileage will differ as he'll have had pretty low minimums relative to someone using say an i5.

For me? Take Thief, I gained across the board, I'd argue that the minimums stood out though. That's off an i7 4770K at 4.4GHZ.

Yea those are awesome gains for someone who wants to game at 120hz. But i am going to have to sit down and find some for a 4770k too. I wonder is Mantle an example of what it can do for low end AMD cpu's or all cpu's in limited scenarios.

I never remembered the minimums sticking out like that and since im leaving 60hz behind it has become the go to thing for me now. Thanks for posting that for me though Humbug i appreciate it.

On a single card its obviously less effective on a 4770K, but with CF 290's your looking at bigger deltas again.

In Thief Matt is getting 110 FPS Minimum on a 5.3Ghz 2700K + 290P CF to Gregsters 73 on a 4.6Ghz 3930K and SLI Titans, a massive difference.

look at those 15 titles most are bad games, crytek now in trouble mantle could go down the toilet.

amd is going to hype it at end of day to sell cards but if the games are bad then it aint doin nothing.

The minimums are worth having on any CPU but the more modern the processor the smaller the gains. On a 4770k you will still get a noticeable increase in minimums but the averages will be closer to what you get with DX11.

The best part about Mantle is you don't have to use it, most of the time it will give better performance than DX11.

RE Crytek...

Looks like it might be hot air.

"Regardless of what some media are reporting, mostly based on a recent article published by GameStar, the information in those reports and in the GameStar article itself are rumors which Crytek deny.

"We continue to focus on the development and publishing of our upcoming titles Homefront: The Revolution, Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age, Arena of Fate, and Warface, as well as providing ongoing support for our CryEngine and its licensees.

"We have received a lot of positive feedback during and after E3 from both gaming press and gamers, and would like to thank our loyal employees, fans and business partners for their continuous support."

Full Article
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-23-crysis-developer-crytek-claims-bankrupt-report-is-false

Johan Andersson (repi) says that Star Wars Battlefront will be using Frostbite, which will have Mantle support. It's not been officially announced by AMD yet, but has appeared on slides from when Mantle launched. :cool:

Source
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1854888&postcount=1731
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1855277#post1855277

pgwh4Bt.jpg

Nice, i would love to know who the rest of these 47 Developers are.

The usual nonsense of taking a half truth and then blowing all out of proportion to sex it up.

Last edited:
they will have projects out so obviously they not going to say we screwed :p

i hope its not true though as losing one of the only dev teams that do push pc graphics would be a disaster for pc gaming.

Back
Top Bottom