The Grand Tour

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Anyone else noticed that TG prioritised cars over comedy in comparison to GT? I do like the change of removing 'celebrity clash' and going back to the roots with driving the car around a track though. :D

Caporegime
Not impressed, I was expecting lessons learned from season 1, more of the same from what I could see....

I think far to many people thought, oh wow Amazon have got Top Gear, now they have pots of money, the guys can really do something incredible and different.

But it was never really going to be anything majorly different though surely ?

Amazon bought Top Gear as far as they were concerned, although BBC put paid to most of the good bits, certainly in series one.

But still the program is very formulaic, as their version of Top Gear was, and I cannot see that ever really changing, as that is what Amazon wanted and paid for.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Thinking back to the first episode Swiss supercar thing.. It was complete ****. They didn't talk about the cars at all. I know absolutely nothing about the Rimac. What a waste.

Man of Honour
Thinking back to the first episode Swiss supercar thing.. It was complete ****. They didn't talk about the cars at all. I know absolutely nothing about the Rimac. What a waste.

Loads about it online.

Grand tour is entertainment with cars as the prop.

Permabanned
Anyone else noticed that TG prioritised cars over comedy in comparison to GT? I do like the change of removing 'celebrity clash' and going back to the roots with driving the car around a track though. :D

I hate that crap... such a waste of time... really dissappointed they brought it back - always fast forwarded through that bit in Top Gear.

At least while they were taking the **** out of the BBC version with their killing the celebs joke... that was entertaining... I don't care about the celebs or their car histories or how fast they can badly drive a 2.0L Jag F-Type around a track.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I don't mind it actually, it's a nice break with humorous quips (sp?) Clarkson ain't the most social person so his interviews always have some entertainment whether it's awkward questioning or cringy replies, but generally I like the back and forth. Also, how you gonna skip past Michael knight? ?

Soldato
It was..............OK. I really liked the start right up until the "oh crap we've run out of ideas, lets drive the super cars down narrow streets" crap that TG and now TGT seems to fall back on way too much, and I quite liked the hill climbs section too. TBH I felt it was really only the start and end which were any good and the middle (inc the new celeb section) just felt too much like unfunny filler for me.

Man of Honour
You guys really all enjoy watching the celeb crap?
it very much depends on who they have on, just like last time.
if you know them then chances are it'll be a good segment, if not then it'll be lame.

although I'm sure they could tweak it, I mean it's a car show, there must be a group of celebs most car people know. rather than having the usual celeb magazine type people on, or randoms.

Back
Top Bottom