The Grand Tour

Man of Honour
It's just unfiltered entertainment tbh, and that's all great :D

I did like the Eye of Africa segment though and some history about the central library. The eye is something I've read and watched a lot about as it's a rather strong interest. Suspected to once be a large city (Atlantis? Maybe...) but washed away when a great flood happened which there is evidence of not only from satellite imagery as you can see the water direction and erosion, but also on the ground in the layering.

Caporegime
I thought it was great fun. Yes it's just formulaic scripted silliness but you know that's what to expect and you know it will be amusing.

The bit where they were commenting on all the complete horror shows of cars people were using in that city was hilarious.

Caporegime
Being able to watch the Paris Dakar in its hey day or even partake would have been a truly bucket list event for me. Even more so than the 24hr of Lemans. The archive footage they used really got the goosebumps going.

My French is a little rusty but I do recognise him saying 200kmh. Truly mad. It is a shame how turgid Motorsport has gotten over the years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Serious answer? Cold weather and freezing water underneath cracks in our roads.

That's a BS excuse.

How does Scandinavia do it? They have colder weather than us, and sometimes as hot summers. They have good roads.

Simple answer, they do it properly. And not the UK approach of do it cheap, and then redo it many many times and pay a crap load to do it. (and then spend more than it would have cost to do it properly in the first place).

Found this one a bit dull. Too much scripted rubbish. And I'm not sure how they expected driving through such a deserted place interesting. A few good moments, but a bit meh for me.

Soldato
Nice to see three of them together again but I think it's run it course now, too scripted and too much pressure to make these specials bigger and better than the last. I guess its why some of the more popular YouTube motoring channels (likes of AutoAlex, Car Throttle..etc) are doing so well, even though they are a fraction of the budget they are genuinely just having a laugh doing simple things.

Oh and Mauritania, depressing how even though its so sparse every spot where the locals have been was covered in rubbish.

Associate
Nice to see three of them together again but I think it's run it course now, too scripted and too much pressure to make these specials bigger and better than the last. I guess its why some of the more popular YouTube motoring channels (likes of AutoAlex, Car Throttle..etc) are doing so well, even though they are a fraction of the budget they are genuinely just having a laugh doing simple things.

Oh and Mauritania, depressing how even though its so sparse every spot where the locals have been was covered in rubbish.
Yeah the amount of litter was quite jarring

Back
Top Bottom