Poll: The great international parcel race.

Who wins?

• UPS

Votes: 69 27.4%
  • TNT

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • FedEx

Votes: 59 23.4%
  • DPD

Votes: 112 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Lol.
If end destination is anything like here, it'll all be subcontracted to the same man in a van and come simultaneously.

UPS to win.

We seem to be getting the opposite. Answered the door the other day to a guy from DPD who wanted to leave a parcel for next door from John Lewis as there was no answer. Whilst I was at the door another guy in a (unmarked) van turned up and also tried to deliver to next door so I took that one too.

Turned out that was also DPD with a parcel from John Lewis. Two parcels from the same order both arrived at the same time on separate vans.

Associate
Going with TNT as i reckon they're the least busy atm.

Funnily enough my funkypigion card sent Monday isn't here still, but my parcel sent Friday from Denmark via GLS came on Friday.

Caporegime
If these are ANY indicators…

I had something shipped (label created date) from Turkey from UPS on the 20th, it arrived on the 23rd.

Similarly I had something had the label created on the 23rd Dec from the States, no further update still. I don't think FedEx even collected the parcel yet.

I also shipped something to Morocco on the 17th via Royal Mail Tracked. Last update was on the 19th which says "leaving the UK" and that's the last i heard of it.

So I pick UPS.

Soldato
Why not use DHL?

I can’t remember them losing anything at my old job in almost 10 years. Of course, the contract being worth several millions just in the U.K. could have been a factor in their excellent service.

Commissario
UPS will have the first expected delivery date, and still be showing that 3 days later with the package still at the original collection depot.
Fed-Ex will have the second expected delivery date, and it will arrive a day or two later.
DPD will probably have the latest delivery date but arrive on the same day as either UPS or Fed-ex
TNT will deliver the parcel with the contents as shrapnel.

And yes, i've not been impressed with UPS or Fed-ex for deliveries over the last few years :)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Why no DHL?

DHL Express are great, 3 working days to send UK - Philippines. Same to send back here. Would only use them when posting internationally.

Associate
Why no DHL?

DHL Express are great, 3 working days to send UK - Philippines. Same to send back here. Would only use them when posting internationally.

Disaster of an experience with them loosing my 2k item sent from a UKTackle shop... Then whilst tracking found an item and it's list location they claimed otherwise. They also think it's ok to give 2 packages the same tracking code, and they are very difficult to talk to especially when ordering internationally. Would never ever use again.

Soldato
Not DHL, last time I booked a collection with them, I got a "sorry there was no one at home" message 2 hours before the collection slot, resulting in my parcel being delivered 4 days late.

Watched a documentary recently about FedEx where a parcel was delivered 4 years late after the driver got lost on some pacific island, so my vote goes for DPD

Caporegime
Come on OP...

pitt.webp

Soldato
Interesting that FedEX and TNT are the same company. I always thought DPD owned shares in TNT given they both use the same tracking software.

My vote if with UPS. Shame DHL weren't in there. It is usually my go to courier for cross boarder stuff. When you do DHL though you always have to use Express. That is the only way they actually use their own services at the other end rather than just using the national courier.

I learned the hard way and lost a shock absorber in Peru as the national carrier was on strike. It was made worse by the fact that later in my trip my shock absorber snapped in two, not once but twice.

The DHL package arrived back in Netherlands about 3 months later.

Back
Top Bottom