• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Doesn't work on a h440 intakes are really bad due to sound dampening and small holes for the air to get in.

Have 1 unblocked 120mm exhaust at the back and the d14 pushes out the back just need more cool air inside the case.

If you have 6 intakes and 1 exhaust the problem is that you're not getting air outside of the case :D

Yeah, if you are getting heat build up inside the case you'd be better off having more fans on exhaust, air will alway find a way in to the case, getting hot air out is the priority

I personally avoid EVGA now, I think their coolers are utter crap compared to others.

You think even the Hybrid EVGA is crap?

Hows everyones 980ti been once water cooled?

Have noticed the CPU AIO kicks out a lot less heat under load. Might be because a certain amount of heat is exhausted out the radiator, instead of left to build up in the case.

Ideally you want to keep the card running below 63c for optimal performance to prevent thermal throttling. This is easiest with water, with air loud - unless you are using a good after-market cooler (like the MSI 6g).

At 63/73/83c it drops the volts slightly to attempt to reduce the heat generation - so to avoid this voltage changes keeping the temps down is advised.

Ideally you want to keep the card running below 63c for optimal performance to prevent thermal throttling. This is easiest with water, with air loud - unless you are using a good after-market cooler (like the MSI 6g).

At 63/73/83c it drops the volts slightly to attempt to reduce the heat generation - so to avoid this voltage changes keeping the temps down is advised.

You can disable thermal throttling by spending one minute in the BIOS, the voltage drop can really mess up the overclock!
It's a relief to be on water and stay away from that 63 degrees threshold.

This is the thing i dont get, particularly with the aftermarket cooled cards. The 63c cut off point is a bit daft. With a custom fan setting sub 75c is pretty easy even though 75c is perfectly fine for a gpu.

Running at 4K is not the issue, its getting the right case and combination of fans. I have 1X Phantek F140SP in front drawing cool air straight at the Gpu, 1X same fan on rear exhausting, 1X same fan exhausting on top and I suppose you would count the psu drawing in air from the bottom, this seems to work very well for me as I have no temp issues gaming at 3180X2160 on Ultra settings! Case is an Enthoo Pro M Midi Tower Case with Window - Titanium Green. Very very happy with it. :)

You can disable thermal throttling by spending one minute in the BIOS, the voltage drop can really mess up the overclock!
It's a relief to be on water and stay away from that 63 degrees threshold.
Yeah, got my two under water so didn't bother doing that when I flashed my bios.

This is the thing i dont get, particularly with the aftermarket cooled cards. The 63c cut off point is a bit daft. With a custom fan setting sub 75c is pretty easy even though 75c is perfectly fine for a gpu.
It's odd really, only makes sense for reference coolers. I guess it reduces the number of people who fry cards.

You think even the Hybrid EVGA is crap?

Have noticed the CPU AIO kicks out a lot less heat under load. Might be because a certain amount of heat is exhausted out the radiator, instead of left to build up in the case.

Cooling wise of course not. Noise wise, yes.

Even in idle the hum (or drone) of the crappy pump they used drove me made, I sold mine. If only they'd included a PWM controlled pump.

Cooling wise of course not. Noise wise, yes.

Even in idle the hum (or drone) of the crappy pump they used drove me made, I sold mine. If only they'd included a PWM controlled pump.

Pump noise is what always kept me from AIO coolers, luckily the H55 can run at lower rpms (at 100% the buzz is too much, 60% in idle is fine).

Really debating putting a g10 & h55 onto my zotac.

Case temps get toasty when gaming due to case not having good airflow.

( has 3 x 2200rpm ek vardar intake at fron, 3 stock fans intake at top)

Gpu can get up to 80c quite quickly when gaming and cpu goes to mid 60's.

With the zotac dumping all the heat into the case its not going to be helping temps.

Hows everyones 980ti been once water cooled?
The HSF are marginal @ 4K IMO too much heat gets trapped under the backplate. Go AIO or full water is best. As per here my temps are great now on AIO but before were marginal or the card throttled. Your other option is buy a case you may not even want with about 6 x 120/140mm high CFM fans in it !
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28744772&postcount=7695

Pump noise is what always kept me from AIO coolers, luckily the H55 can run at lower rpms (at 100% the buzz is too much, 60% in idle is fine).

Same.

I have a H220-X cooling my CPU and it's so good. The pump is PWM controlled, so it's near silent at idle and can be set from the BIOS or in control software. I love it.

Has anyone fit the EK block on their MSI 6G? I've got 480mm of rad space cooling a CPU, so I'm thinking of sticking my card under water. However, I think the inlet/outlet may clash with my side panel. I've got around 25mm to spare from the edge of the PCB. Question is, will it be enough?

3rMi5Akh.jpg

Mk6rURHh.jpg

fshV6Kd.png

Back
Top Bottom