• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

I got the Palit GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream, temps can easily soar to 70 once it starts being utilised past 50%. I mainly use MadVR, with the settings cranked up it can bring the GPU to its knees.

Can only get my 980ti to +100 GPU and +300 mem. After that its locks up

+95 Core boosts to 1500mhz which is considered a good overclock (edit - this depends on card as some have a higher factory stock and boost) Not much more, i.e 1520 is excellent and you wont get much over that unless you are on water / LN2 apparently.

Some more info on clocking / bios editing

According to Zoson:
GPC = "General Purpose Core" - This is the primary core of your GPU
L2C = "L2 Cache" - This is the on core memory that your GPU core has access to. Running it at the same clockspeed as the core itself nets a large gain.
XBAR = "Memory Controler Crossbar" - This is the bus speed of the memory controller that talks to the core.
SYS = "System" - This is the rest of the card that isn't tied to another clock domain.
So it looks like these are internal clocks for various parts like memory bus and L2 cache speeds.

And if MSI AB adds offsets so it is another proof that these clocks should be of a precise difference to general gpu clock.

Your right on your list but think of it this way.
If you don't use AB or other OC app, the max boost = from boost table (clock74)=P00 GPC max value .
With lower values those parts will clock lower. If you make them all the same as GPC then all sections of GPU run the same, that was how Kepler was, but of course Kepler wasn't clocked so high.

clock 74 in my default bios voltage table is 1.284 - Does this mean when it boosts 1.284v will be going through it? Isn't that quite high?

Last edited:
Right guys, seriously considering replacing my two 780's with a couple of 980ti's, although have a couple of questions.

Am I correct in assuming that one 980ti is equivalent to two 780's, not ti's? Mine do not clock well and max at c 1050 core clock.

I am also thinking of going with two hybrids, however I am unsure whether they will fit in my corsair 750d, has anyone done similar?

If I can fit two then it will be the EVGA's that I would go for, however if I can only fit one, which of the other EVGA cards would you get in addition to a single hybrid? I have good spacing between the slots.

Finally, would my EVGA 1000w power supply be enough for the cards?

Cheers

edit: my motherboard is no longer the gene.

You will be fine mate with that PSU, can't say for the hybrids fitting in the case, but if they only use 2 120mm coolers I'm sure they just attach at the back and on the roof?

Cheers digitalx.

Think I may just purchase 1 hybrid to start and check the mounting points. I have a corsair h100 so fitting the rad to the roof is not an option.

If I do use two, then one of the rads will have to fit at the back with the other connected either to the bottom or front.

Cheers digitalx.

Think I may just purchase 1 hybrid to start and check the mounting points. I have a corsair h100 so fitting the rad to the roof is not an option.

If I do use two, then one of the rads will have to fit at the back with the other connected either to the bottom or front.

If you can do it connecting the radiator to the front is excellent. Cold air coming from outside. My H55 is connected there (just) pipes are not the longest.

Overclock it why not! More performance i notice it at 1440p when you do need those extra frames in games like the division on ultra that does sometimes dip below 60.

My EVGA SC does 1480 on air and on load it doesn't go above 60-65c but i have a aggressive fan profile setup.

Some 980Ti Classified overclocking memory / core results in Heaven 4.

Heaven 4 1080p, 8xAA, Extreme Tess

96.5 fps - 1405mhz. 3506 mem
100 fps - 1500mhz. 3506 mem
101.3 fps - 1405mhz. 4001 mem
106 fps - 1500mhz. 4001 mem

Am I correct in assuming that one 980ti is equivalent to two 780's, not ti's? Mine do not clock well and max at c 1050 core clock.

Finally, would my EVGA 1000w power supply be enough for the cards?

Cheers

edit: my motherboard is no longer the gene.
One 980ti is about equal to 780 sli, (made this switch myself). Psu would be ok too as long as you arent overvolting the cards when pushing for overclocks.

Cheers Setter.

I'm going to order one hybrid for Saturday delivery. If all is well with the bottom or front mount, then will order a second.

My rig with the overclocked 4690k was pulling bang on 400w from the wall, but this was with both a CPU stress test running as well as a GPU benchmark so a totally unrealistic load, realistic pull from the wall whilst gaming with 99% GPU usage was about 380W, I think 1000W is more than enough.

slowly getting there? :)

I think the biggest problem with overclocking is drivers and software. If it bombs out then mess things up until you fully remove and restart the process. I've got this down to about 3 minutes now.

Touch wood it seems game stable at 1500/4000 with a +37mV increase and 115% power using a custom unlocked but not modded bios and aggressive fan curve.

Its certainly annoying as hell 30 mins into a game when drivers crash and you need to restart the whole process - all for the sake of a few fps too :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom