• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

My theory to is that if I wait for the 1080ti which will most likely be even more expensive than the 1080 by that time the 980ti second hand price would have dropped quite a bit by then so it would cost even more to upgrade, although I suppose you would get more of a performance increase.

Shiny new toys :)

People moving from 980ti to 1080 for the "upgrade" are highly likely to be moving to the 1080ti or Titan when they come out. Just try getting a decent price for your 1080 to fund that move. :)

I'm speaking as someone who moved from 670 sli to 970 sli to 980 sli to 980ti sli. I didn't mind paying for each upgrade as I too love shiny new things, however the hit on the 980s on resale was criminal.

This is why I've decided to skip the 1080. The X80 cards only ever look good when nothing else faster is available, but when other cards come out they become really hard to justify, especially second hand.

People moving from 980ti to 1080 for the "upgrade" are highly likely to be moving to the 1080ti or Titan when they come out. Just try getting a decent price for your 1080 to fund that move. :)

I'm speaking as someone who moved from 670 sli to 970 sli to 980 sli to 980ti sli. I didn't mind paying for each upgrade as I too love shiny new things, however the hit on the 980s on resale was criminal.

This is why I've decided to skip the 1080. The X80 cards only ever look good when nothing else faster is available, but when other cards come out they become really hard to justify, especially second hand.
This, while the 980Ti has been bested in performance it's not like the 1080 is that much quicker anyways. 1080 just isn't worth the premium over a 1070 tbh, whereas the 1080Ti will be worth the money since you get a much bigger performance increase.

I've went and ordered a Gigabyte 1080 going from a 980ti, i was dead against it but when i got a stock alert the next thing i knew i had bought one!.

I may refuse it at the door or keep it in the box and see if i can shift this card and block, if not i might just return it for a refund.

I've went and ordered a Gigabyte 1080 going from a 980ti, i was dead against it but when i got a stock alert the next thing i knew i had bought one!.

I may refuse it at the door or keep it in the box and see if i can shift this card and block, if not i might just return it for a refund.

:) It's amazing how it changes from dead against it to...look its in stock!!
I keep saying to myself nah dont need to upgrade but if Amazon had it in stock i'd prob order it right then and there...
To be honest if you sold your 980ti for a tidy profit it wouldn't be that much to upgrade...I reckon £200 in total

I've just added my second ti and I think I need to get some tweaking done. There was a fair bit of stuttering in the Heaven benchmark and the score was quite low compared to other 980ti scores.

I've basically left both cards at stock and they're boosting to 1400. The second card has less volts than the first, and temperature is around 70/75. Do I need to tweak anything? I remember there being a voltage bug with my 980s, is it the same for ti?

The 1080 is going to become the same as the 980 when the TI hits anyway. Anyone wanting serious bang for their buck will go 1070, anyone wanting the fastest will go the 1080ti, who will buy the 1080 then ?

980ti to 1080 makes no sense.

Not unless you can get 400 for the 980ti...

But yeah if you have already sold the 980ti and need a card a cheapo 1070 would be the wise choice.

FAO: Jedifragger

Been testing the Hybrid you sold me. ROTTR, 4k (DSR) everything maxed. The Hybrid barely scratching 61c and the Classified sitting at 69c.

I'm really pleased with it, and hope you're enjoying your 1080 too.

Cheers. :cool:

OxRS5cCh.jpg

h4mf7mlh.jpg

Probably been asked a billion times, but is it worth upgrading my 980 ti to 1080p? Will cost several hundred. Or, should I pinch another 980 ti whilst they are cheap?

Not worth it imo, you're talking around 10fps difference or around that. A second ti could potentially get a lot more depending on the game.

I've decieded to keep my 980Tis till the 1080Ti is out

in the past i would have sided-graded to the 1080 then sold that and moved on to the Ti version if it cost around 400-450 mark

but at £600 they can do one

we all know when they 1080Ti is out the 1080 will have hundereds of pounds wiped off its value

Anyone upgraded from a 980GTX to a 980Ti? I know there's a million comparison benchmarks online but trusting you guys on here a bit better.

With the sudden spate of 980Ti's being thrown away, I've got an opportunity to snag a cheap one but kinda want to know if the difference is large enough to warrant such an upgrade. I game at 1440p 60HZ

thanks

Back
Top Bottom