• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Anyone upgraded from a 980GTX to a 980Ti? I know there's a million comparison benchmarks online but trusting you guys on here a bit better.

With the sudden spate of 980Ti's being thrown away, I've got an opportunity to snag a cheap one but kinda want to know if the difference is large enough to warrant such an upgrade. I game at 1440p 60HZ

thanks

Are you getting it cheaper than a 1070?

Anyone upgraded from a 980GTX to a 980Ti? I know there's a million comparison benchmarks online but trusting you guys on here a bit better.

With the sudden spate of 980Ti's being thrown away, I've got an opportunity to snag a cheap one but kinda want to know if the difference is large enough to warrant such an upgrade. I game at 1440p 60HZ

thanks

Price?

Probably been asked a billion times, but is it worth upgrading my 980 ti to 1080p? Will cost several hundred. Or, should I pinch another 980 ti whilst they are cheap?

At 1080 I would say there is no point upgrading, wait for the 1080Ti cards if you want to chase numbers or at least wait for the 1000 series price to drop over the coming months once stock levels catch up.

Pair of sp 120's i think, i have 2 140 af fans i might try as well. Held in place with cable ties :p

I noticed a massive difference by increasing the speed of my top fans to 80%. Also, I think the fans blowing between the cards there won't necessarily take the heat out, maybe just distribute it around the case. Try mounting a fan on the back of the cards instead, so that it's pulling air out from between the cards. I've got one mounted with 2 screws and I can feel the heat being pulled out.

Top card 60c, bottom card 69c.

What temps are you getting?

Optical illusion or is your first card sagging worse then a old woman?

Its sagging but not as much as you think its the way the cooler shroud is sort of wedge shaped making it look worse than it is. :p

I noticed a massive difference by increasing the speed of my top fans to 80%. Also, I think the fans blowing between the cards there won't necessarily take the heat out, maybe just distribute it around the case. Try mounting a fan on the back of the cards instead, so that it's pulling air out from between the cards. I've got one mounted with 2 screws and I can feel the heat being pulled out.

Top card 60c, bottom card 69c.

What temps are you getting?

About 76 bottom-82c top currently with gta4 in 4k, which isn't bad as I've seen instances where the top card was around 14c hotter. I'm awaiting delivery of an antec cyclone blower that will go between the 2 cards and suck the heat generated by the bottom card out of the case. Hopefully that will make a difference as well. :)

Would the EVGA Hybrid system not fit these? Sure they can be had for around £85 each and would result lower temps.

Unfortunately not, the pcb is totally different, wish i had went with a pair of hybrids or reference cards so i had cheaper liquid cooled options but i liked the look of the strix. =/

About 76 bottom-82c top currently with gta4 in 4k, which isn't bad as I've seen instances where the top card was around 14c hotter. I'm awaiting delivery of an antec cyclone blower that will go between the 2 cards and suck the heat generated by the bottom card out of the case. Hopefully that will make a difference as well. :)

I was hitting similar temperatures until I made the changes suggested. I was actually really surprised at the difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom