• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
I've cancelled my order for the sc titan x. Ordered it on the 20th March. Just can't wait any longer.

I'll just get the regular one and overclock it myself.

Man of Honour
OP
Not quite as long as yours but I ordered mine around about the 28th, there seems to be a severe backlog with that particular card.

Cancelled my order today, 780 has done better then I thought at 1440p so I’m going to wait and see what the TI card brings and decide between that and a Titan then.

Prime example of what happens when you sit on the fence with technology, I should have ordered day 1.

With the Titan X and the original Titan before it the best time to order one was the minute it goes live on line. This gives the lowest price and a good chance of getting them from the first batch.

With most cards doing the above is not a good idea as you will pay more than you should like when the 290X launched I paid £499 each for mine and look what happened to the price of them.

Associate
For someone who hasn't ever flashed a gpu before, could you possibly post a link to a good guide or possibly even do a step-by-step "idiots guide" to doing this. Would be much appreciated buddy!

From Overclock.net
1. Get nvflash from the first post. http://bit.ly/1LYAntY
2. Get the BIOS (.rom). Save to the same dir.

3. cmd window:
Start, Run, cmd, right-click, Run as Administrator, go to the nvflash folder.
Shows cards in system with ID

nvflash --list

4. Device Manager:
Start, run, device manager
in Display adapters. right click/Disable all cards

5. cmd window:
To flash:

nvflash -6 GM200.rom

Where GM200 is whatever BIOS you're using. Index option to specify which card to flash, ie.

nvflash -6 --index=0 GM200.rom

You will have to confirm 'y' a few times.

6. Device Manager:
in Display adapters. right click/Enable all cards

7. Reboot, let the card get set up, reboot again.

Found a backplate from EVGA for the Titan X, not sure if it helps temps though.

"Helps to reduce heat by up to 3 degrees Celsius"

http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-BP-2999-B9&family=Accessories - Hardware&uc=EUR

Soldato
From Overclock.net

http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-BP-2999-B9&family=Accessories - Hardware&uc=EUR

Perfect, cheers mate. See the step regarding disabling the display adapter - does this mean I have to boot and display via onboard graphics whilst doing this, or does disabling just mean disabling the drivers package whilst still able to output a display to monitor? Apologies if really dumb question. :D

Associate
Perfect, cheers mate. See the step regarding disabling the display adapter - does this mean I have to boot and display via onboard graphics whilst doing this, or does disabling just mean disabling the drivers package whilst still able to output a display to monitor? Apologies if really dumb question. :D

just disable package

Caporegime
EVGA Hybrid comes with thermal paste already applied to the heatsink if anyone is interested.

Won't have time to install it tonight though as I'm off to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Soldato
From Overclock.net

no thanks, that's a bit cheap and nasty.

plus it wont effect temps, because the Stock TX cools its RAM from the other side of the board and quite well too.... but to cool the TX properly, you'll need serious cooling..........as you already know.

i suppose i'm lucky because i've got my twin 140 Phanteks right beside it and they blow the living hell out of it, when i finish gaming it's back to 30 degrees pretty quick... only about 10 seconds..

i'm bored of my rig, i fancy redoing it or trying something else

Soldato
Saving the 780ti for another "bits bucket" build...

TjIbJ1.jpg

Caporegime
Maxair BIOS has been rock solid for me, not a single crash since using it. Think I needed the extra volts to hold a 1400mhz core clock in all games. GTA V seems really picky with overclocks.

Associate
Do we know when any of these cards are definitely coming in? My old GTX 680 died yesterday so one way or another I need to update. Also I'm ordering a 2556x1144 monitor so needed to upgrade anyway.

Stock of all cards is still showing as Pre-order. I could hold back on the monitor and buy a cheap card to get me by while they come in but that's not ideal

Cheers

Deks

Associate
The instructions for flashing the bios seem a bit complicated. Is there a video somewhere i can watch which shows the step by step directions?

Back
Top Bottom