• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Im still happy with my titan x. Yes I could have saved £200 quid waiting on the 980Ti, but there is always something around the corner.

Also the overclocks on most of the reviews I saw for the custom 980tis weren't all that great. Most were worse than my Tx.

I don't buy a premium GPU very often and the Tx will see me good until we see pascal at least.

That been said the 980ti is a good card for people who have held off upgrading :)

Im still happy with my titan x. Yes I could have saved £200 quid waiting on the 980Ti, but there is always something around the corner.

Also the overclocks on most of the reviews I saw for the custom 980tis weren't all that great. Most were worse than my Tx.

I don't buy a premium GPU very often and the Tx will see me good until we see pascal at least.

That been said the 980ti is a good card for people who have held off upgrading :)

This^

I bought my Titan X cheaper then most did. £780 and with the 980Ti over £600 I think it justified the extra cost down to the full 12gb vram and more cores. It works out about right for me. Others that paid over £1000 maybe not so good :)

Truthfully I think anyone feeling the burn with how competitive the 980Ti is probably shouldn't be buying halo products in the first place. That's just the way it is. Even when the gap is as marginal as with these two cards.

Top tier are for people who agree with the sentiment "faster is faster, more is better".

Might not be entirely wise but then spending between 600 and 1,000 on a GPU just isn't anyway. There are 750Ti's for that. I know many a folk happy with them.

Truthfully I think anyone feeling the burn with how competitive the 980Ti is probably shouldn't be buying halo products in the first place. That's just the way it is. Even when the gap is as marginal as with these two cards.

Top tier are for people who agree with the sentiment "faster is faster, more is better".

Might not be entirely wise but then spending between 600 and 1,000 on a GPU just isn't anyway. There are 750Ti's for that. I know many a folk happy with them.

I think you win the interent today. I had no need for the Titan other than to try it and say I own one. I have no need for SLI 980TI other than for the exact same reason. I could easily get by on a 780TI for another 36/48 months but that urge we all get is far too strong. When I start getting buyers remorse I'll know it's time to reign it in but until then I'll continue to be a PC parts w****

+1 Internets to you Sir! As with all flagship cards there is never much between that and the model down. I bought a TX 3 days ago knowing these were due and expected there being %5 difference in performance. I intend on sticking a second in there for 4k so the 12gb is going to be a blessing. Im not even following the other thread now as all the "hahahahayourecardisuselessnowhahaha" jealous comments are just business as usual.

Wonder if there will be any second hand Titan X going circa £600, or if Nvidia will drop the prices by quite a bit.

Titan X SLI suddenly seems a lot more appealing to me now.

Wonder if there will be any second hand Titan X going circa £600, or if Nvidia will drop the prices by quite a bit.

Why would anyone sell a Titan X for £600, some of the 980 Ti's go for that price would be pointless. Better off just keeping the card with some satisfaction that's it's the fully enabled chip with 12GB vram.

Would only be worth selling if you could pocket some coin in the process.

I doubt very much they will drop the price of the halo product, it would be counter productive. Those that bought full price Titans a couple of months ago would feel severely hard done by if it suddenly dropped by £100.

The Titan did it's job, it showcased GM200 potential and those willing to pay the premium for it's early adoption were clambering to pay it, it also showed what was possible for the up and coming 980ti for those willing to wait a little who couldn't justify £850.

It's clever marketing, don't just make adverts for your future products, release them early and charge megabucks for them, not only is it an advert but you make money from it! I bet Nvidia couldn't care less if they don't sell another single Titan now the 980ti is here.

+1 Internets to you Sir! As with all flagship cards there is never much between that and the model down. I bought a TX 3 days ago knowing these were due and expected there being %5 difference in performance. I intend on sticking a second in there for 4k so the 12gb is going to be a blessing. Im not even following the other thread now as all the "hahahahayourecardisuselessnowhahaha" jealous comments are just business as usual.

I think you win the interent today. I had no need for the Titan other than to try it and say I own one. I have no need for SLI 980TI other than for the exact same reason. I could easily get by on a 780TI for another 36/48 months but that urge we all get is far too strong. When I start getting buyers remorse I'll know it's time to reign it in but until then I'll continue to be a PC parts w****

Why would anyone sell a Titan X for £600, some of the 980 Ti's go for that price would be pointless. Better off just keeping the card with some satisfaction that's it's the fully enabled chip with 12GB vram.

^ agreed

I just took the plunge on the 40" Philips 4K. Itch I've been wanting to scratch since it came out :eek:

I am very happy with my TXs and they are going nowhere.

Mw2Wzrj.jpg

The above image says it all if you check the memory usage, 980 Ti's can not match it and never will.:)

Now is not the time to get rid of TXs, people should be doing the opposite and looking to pick up another TX secondhand for some hi rez SLI action.:)

I doubt very much they will drop the price of the halo product, it would be counter productive. Those that bought full price Titans a couple of months ago would feel severely hard done by if it suddenly dropped by £100.

The Titan did it's job, it showcased GM200 potential and those willing to pay the premium for it's early adoption were clambering to pay it, it also showed what was possible for the up and coming 980ti for those willing to wait a little who couldn't justify £850.

It's clever marketing, don't just make adverts for your future products, release them early and charge megabucks for them, not only is it an advert but you make money from it! I bet Nvidia couldn't care less if they don't sell another single Titan now the 980ti is here.

Check out the OCUK prices for TXs they are higher than launch day and they are still flying off the shelves.:)

The above image says it all if you check the memory usage, 980 Ti's can not match it and never will.:)

Now is not the time to get rid of TXs, people should be doing the opposite and looking to pick up another TX secondhand for some hi rez SLI action.:)
I might keep my eyes open for a third. I've never had Tri-Sli.

What do you think a 2nd had Titan X to be worth then? I think if I was to sell mine, £600 - £650 would be a fair and realistic price considering its performance to a 980ti and the fact it is second hand. I really think I would not get more than that now to be honest.

I don't want/need to sell mine but I feel there maybe some nice 2nd hand prices coming up soon on Titan x especially if AMD release a great card that out performs it.

Which would be good news to us existing TX owners who would like to SLI as we could pick up a 2nd one cheaper.

I'll probably snap up a 2nd TX for SLI if 2nd hand ones go that low.

I don't think I'll ever buy a Titan branded card again though brand new on release, nVidia have slightly took the **** out of their customers who are stupid enough to give them the most cash.

I'm really hoping AMD deliver across the board with their new cards or it will only get worse and we'll probably start seeing 2 halo tiers from nVidia.

Kind of glad I waited but for my resolution (7860x1440) I'm still kind of drawn toward the 12GB in the Titan.

Need to see some widescreen benchmarks and VRAM numbers for the Ti.

Im on that resolution and would be happy to help.
I must confess I know nothing about the tests you require but would be happy to help if you game me some instructions

Sorry just seen that you meant ti benches

What do you think a 2nd had Titan X to be worth then? I think if I was to sell mine, £600 - £650 would be a fair and realistic price considering its performance to a 980ti and the fact it is second hand. I really think I would not get more than that now to be honest.

I don't want/need to sell mine but I feel there maybe some nice 2nd hand prices coming up soon on Titan x especially if AMD release a great card that out performs it.

Which would be good news to us existing TX owners who would like to SLI as we could pick up a 2nd one cheaper.

It wouldn't be worth selling at £600 - £650. You can see 980 Ti's around that price, what would you gain by selling the TX? Any other current card would be a downgrade.

Just doesn't make sense to sell a full GM200 chip with 12GB's of vram for £600 - £650 only to use that money to buy a lesser chip with half the vram...

After the initial hype of the 980 Ti dies down, people will realize that a new high end card from Nvidia is likely 8/12 months away and some people will still want the Titan X as it's the best Nvidia make.

Just hang tight, AMD's Fiji might yet surprise us. It might be worth taking a hit on your TX to move to that card if it has better performance, but it's not worth taking a hit now for a lesser card.

Mw2Wzrj.jpg

How did you fill up that vram?

Back
Top Bottom