• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Well I can see why some tx owners might be a bit miffed right now, but me - well I am very happy with my Titan X and shall not be selling it any time soon. Might be tempted to add a 2nd cheapie one for sli from the mm when miffed owners start selling their tx's. I wish........

Are you owners not a bit miffed that you spent 900 on a card a few weeks ago and now you can get what is effectively a Titan x for 539?

Why would they be? Early adopters have always paid a price and for those with multi gpu they can run settings that allow more then the 6gb Ti'scan run.

Are you owners not a bit miffed that you spent 900 on a card a few weeks ago and now you can get what is effectively a Titan x for 539?

Not in the slightest.:D

@2160p and 4 way SLI/CF the only option is the TXs as the 980 Ti's or Fiji cards don't have enough memory to utilise the GPU grunt.

I think the TXs were a very good investment and will tell you the same in a couple of years time.:D:)

Why would they be? Early adopters have always paid a price and for those with multi gpu they can run settings that allow more then the 6gb Ti'scan run.

There is a price for early adopting but its very rare that the followup product comes in so much cheaper and so similar in performance within such a short time.

People can justify it all they like, but for about 5fps the cost simply isnt nice.

My Titan-X GS30 mod project is coming along :)

20150601_222204_zpsphudkhva.jpg

I'm liking it now in all black :) Sorry for the out of focus shot, some more angles:

20150601_222209_zpsvc2hqn7z.jpg

20150601_222227_zpswjb8lgxf.jpg

Some of the comments have made me chuckle (in a good way). Comments of "The MM is now flooded with Titan X sellers" Looked but couldn't find one :( :D

I genuinely am pleased that the Ti is so close and I genuinely wouldn't care if it was faster. I don't have any patience when it comes to hardware and I want it now! Anyone who has an inking of hardware would know that around the corner, there is always something faster but why wait when you have the funds now?

Although this is true...the Ti isn't faster, it's just cheap(er). :p It has an SMX blobbed out and half the memory. The only reason this doesn't bother some people is because they're looking for more value in their purchase.

It's £200. You're not adopting a leper. :D.

For benchmarking purposes I want to see the Classified though, apparently Vince is teasing it already and it's ****** fast.

What parts are you guys using to put your Titans under water? I've ordered two 980TI's but for the price I'm realising I'd be better off buying a second Titan and adding them both to the custom loop on the CPU. (MY thinking is is that if the whole thing is underwater I'll be much less inclined to 'upgrade' every bloody day.

Although this is true...the Ti isn't faster, it's just cheap(er). :p It has an SMX blobbed out and half the memory. The only reason this doesn't bother some people is because they're looking for more value in their purchase.

For benchmarking purposes I want to see the Classified though, apparently Vince is teasing it already and it's ****** fast.

Agree and many don't seem to understand that at certain res/game combinations 6GB VRAM just isn't enough. Still, if some are fools enough to sell their TXs for cheap on MM/elsewhere, better for the rest of us who will snap them up :D

TBF most people paid around ~£900 for our TX's and with reference TI's being around £550ish, the difference is closer to £350 than £200 for the most part.

So the TX cost us nearly 40% more for virtually identical performance.

Back
Top Bottom