• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

I also don't get the "Wont buy Nvidia again,they've taken the p***" comments. Anyone in the position to buy a TX surely knows whats around the corner and I only paid £230 more than a ti classy but got a full fat card with another 6gb to play with. Titans never have been and never will be a good value card but for those that want the best they are there to buy. The higher up the ladder you buy the less you get for you're money and it really is diminishing returns

Some of the comments have made me chuckle (in a good way). Comments of "The MM is now flooded with Titan X sellers" Looked but couldn't find one :( :D

I genuinely am pleased that the Ti is so close and I genuinely wouldn't care if it was faster. I don't have any patience when it comes to hardware and I want it now! Anyone who has an inking of hardware would know that around the corner, there is always something faster but why wait when you have the funds now?

I think it tells you how close the top end 3x0 will be.

Can't believe people stressing over the 980Ti, the Titan X has cost you an extra £100 per month for the last 2 months over the Ti. If that stresses you out you probably shouldn't be dropping £800-£900 on a GPU

The titan X is running cooler and from the sounds of it has better caps. I think we should all be cautious and see how everything settles down. I have a feeling that this card will remain king of the hill...

Now the patient wait to see if they come down in price ;)

Well i was gonna wait for the 980ti but really i don't regret buying 2 Titan X's, both running at 1442mhz (could probably get more but don't need to) on Maxair2 bios.

They run like a dream and the max temp i get is 76c while playing games like Crysis 3 which is lush at 4k.

I've had GTA 5 using up to 7.5GB of VRAM so 6GB i don't think is gonna cut it but games like Crysis 3 and Witcher 3 don't even touch 3GB.

So who knows how much VRAM future games are gonna require at 4k.

Well that is the natural progression of such things. More frame buffer = more likely to have a happier smoother experience.

Of course you don't need all 12gigs at the moment but that's a whole 50% more less chance of not needing 6gb right now. Plenty of games that are memory hungry as it stands. Especially at 4K and 1440p surround +

I don't regret it, as I'm a 4k gamer and things might start using more than 6GB VRAM if Shadows of Mordor is anything to go by.

It is also still 4-5 fps faster than a 980Ti, clock for clock and at 4k that can be quite a lot.

+3-13 FPS differences (on quite a few games) clock vs clock (1400mhz boost) + 12GB goodness.

Someone go crazy and sell on the MM please :(

Well that is the natural progression of such things. More frame buffer = more likely to have a happier smoother experience.

Of course you don't need all 12gigs at the moment but that's a whole 50% more less chance of not needing 6gb right now. Plenty of games that are memory hungry as it stands. Especially at 4K and 1440p surround +

Much much smoother especially on VRAM heavy games using close to or the whole frame buffer. Butter smooth and not a single hitch (Open world etc) even for games that use less than 4GB VRAM for the same setting/resolution theres a difference in latency when loading terrain etc with the 12GB VRAM , albeit many people are going to try to say it doesn't matter but it DOES.

Last edited:
Lets be realistic, it isn't 4-5 frames faster at 4k unless you're running an old game.

If you're running GTA 5 or Witcher 3 and getting around 50 frames it's about 1 frame faster, 2 at the most.

Back
Top Bottom