• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Why I'm happy with my TX's
GTA5_2015_06_02_18_01_37_781.png~original
Only after about 15 mins playing. 1440p all maxed, 8xAA/8xRAA
This is 1 game right now, fast forward 6-8 months If I had 980ti I'd be worried. 12Gb Vram ftw

Agreed ^^

The 980 Ti would have been much sweeter with 8GB. I guess that would have meant a weird config though so 6GB makes sense.

8GB+ is the sweet spot though, so my TX is staying firmly in my case until we get better options.

I think that by the time the full 12GB will be utilised, raw GPU grunt will be lacking. 8GB is the sweet spot I think. Maybe I'll end up regretting getting a pair of Ti's but I think they will last longer than my current 980's.

Agreed ^^

The 980 Ti would have been much sweeter with 8GB. I guess that would have meant a weird config though so 6GB makes sense.

8GB+ is the sweet spot though, so my TX is staying firmly in my case until we get better options.

I dont think you can put 8gb on a 384 bit bus. 64bits per 512MB mem. Divide the 384 bit bus by 64 and you get 6gb. You can double up but not just add a GB here and there.

I've sold my Titan X for 2 980 Tis. I think Nvidia positioned themselves well overall, with both models having their unique advantages. Titan X is supposed to be niche, both in price and performance.

Having gamed at 3440x1440 with a single Titan X, the vast majority of the games I've played utilised only around 4 GB of VRAM with settings as high as possible while maintaining 60 FPS. In other words at this resolution I'm running out of GPU grunt way before any VRAM limit.

With two 980 Tis the opposite should be the case, and I'll find my self having to tone down settings to stay under 6 GB VRAM, but based on what I've seen, those cases will be few and far between for at least a year I'd guess.

All that said, I'm convinced that at 4K especially, Titan X SLI is a much better buy and worth the extra cost.

I dont think you can put 8gb on a 384 bit bus. 64bits per 512MB mem. Divide the 384 bit bus by 64 and you get 6gb. You can double up but not just add a GB here and there.

Yeah 8GB would have to be either 256bit or 512bit or other configurations but those are the most common.

Back
Top Bottom