• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Now the Witcher 3 just needs some better scaling, or the latest drivers for the 980Ti's are the best for SLI just yet.

At first it seems awesome in a forest at 1440p Full Ultra on everything getting 70-85fps while fighting several packs of wolves.
Then in Novigrad the city I got like 45-62 fps on average depending on the crowd of people. This is with full NVIDIA Gameworks on.

Caporegime
Windows 10 updated to 10130 the other day, which I thought nothing of.

Anyway, I was playing Witcher 3 last night for about 3 hours at my usual settings

3840x2160
Ultra
Hairworks off

And thought to myself - "This seems smoother, maybe it's the Windows update." but didn't give it too much thought. I didn't have an FPS counter or anything going

Little did I realise the Windows 10 update had disabled SLI....

So I actually found the game to be smoother at 4k on one card! Doh.

Caporegime

Anyway, I was playing Witcher 3 last night for about 3 hours at my usual settings

3840x2160
Ultra
Hairworks off

And thought to myself - "This seems smoother, maybe it's the Windows update." but didn't give it too much thought. I didn't have an FPS counter or anything going

I ran with SLI off and MSI Afterburner OSD and was getting 40fps min with my card clocked to 1350

Definitely smoother than using SLI. Maybe future driver updates will improve things.

Soldato
Becareful with NVIDIA shadowplay as well. Once I turned it on, it went about as though drivers were being install. Screen on and off for a good while, and afterwards SLI was tuned off.

Even turning it back on in the nvidia control panel didn't help performance. I never saw over 45fps in the Witcher 3 Ultra at 1440p.

Just reinstalling drivers now to see if it fixes it.

Soldato

3840x2160
Ultra
Hairworks off

Pretty much SLI summed up in one post :p

Back
Top Bottom