• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Nice, interested in how you get on with SLI in games. Take it you're sticking with the Titan X's over Fiji then?

Never say never :D

Witcher 3 SLI profile is totally turd let me get the results

Well I didn't update to the latest patch :eek: , performance is great now even in SLI (my single GPU runs were without the update btw)

Ultra 1440p (everything available to max HBAO+ etc etc) 1304Mhz on the cores only

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4362, 60000, 65, 82, 72.700

Last edited:
I figured the audio stutter out in the user videos.

It's Shadowplay, I tried Action Mirillis and Fraps, Both have zero intermittent audio stutter, Shaowplay has it every 5 or so seconds.

I tried Shadowplay recently, and it not only added in those audio stutters but it also killed my SLI performance.

I was getting single GPU FPS, and even after turning it off both cards refused to have more than 50% useage in the Witcher 3. So I only got at max 50fps at 1440p Ultra.

Had to do a full clean driver install after using DDU to fix that.

In regards to Witcher 3 and SLI though, the latest patch added like 10fps on average for me! It's been going well.

In regards to Witcher 3 and SLI though, the latest patch added like 10fps on average for me! It's been going well.

Can you try running 1440p (with everything in both menus at the highest settings with HBAO+,Hairworks,AA etc)

Want to see how your GTX980Tis run against my TXs in SLI

Here are my results with the latest patch (1304Mhz on the cores), riding the horse next to the lake and into a dense forest.

Can you try running 1440p (with everything in both menus at the highest settings with HBAO+,Hairworks,AA etc)

Want to see how your GTX980Tis run against my TXs in SLI

Here are my results with the latest patch (1304Mhz on the cores), riding the horse next to the lake and into a dense forest.

I currently run at those settings, everything maxed out at 1440p, and I get basically the same results as you. My minimums are just a smidge lower, I've seen them at 62, but in some areas my max is over 90 in skellige in some forests while fighting people and wolf packs.
Stable average is 70fps in all areas.

62/70/80 ( some areas on islands give 90 max )
My base core clocks are 1102, with an constant boost of 1290mhz.

I currently run at those settings, everything maxed out at 1440p, and I get basically the same results as you. My minimums are just a smidge lower, I've seen them at 62, but in some areas my max is over 90 in skellige in some forests while fighting people and wolf packs.
Stable average is 70fps in all areas.

62/70/80 ( some areas on islands give 90 max )
My base core clocks are 1102, with an constant boost of 1290mhz.

Will probably depend on the area, I only tested near the lake and in the forest. 4K is so much prettier, @ 1440p it looks blurry and textures aren't that great IMO.

Will probably depend on the area, I only tested near the lake and in the forest. 4K is so much prettier, @ 1440p it looks blurry and textures aren't that great IMO.

Obviously depends on the monitor, running 1440p on a 4K panel would never look as nice.

All in all the TX and 980Ti are very close. I just ran about again, with a clock of 1303Mhz on my cards and I was getting the same averages as you again, and my mins were still a tad lower, around 63-64fps.

Obviously depends on the monitor, running 1440p on a 4K panel would never look as nice.

All in all the TX and 980Ti are very close. I just ran about again, with a clock of 1303Mhz on my cards and I was getting the same averages as you again, and my mins were still a tad lower, around 63-64fps.

With the Hybrids or on custom water these cards will pack a huge punch. Very happy with my purchase on the second card.

Now to find some EVGA AIOs in stock :(

With the Hybrids or on custom water these cards will pack a huge punch. Very happy with my purchase on the second card.

Now to find some EVGA AIOs in stock :(

Yeah, considering they(hybrids) drop max temps by up to 30 degrees you could really push those cards. If my chassis has the room for two of those I would have gone for them myself.

Never say never :D

Witcher 3 SLI profile is totally turd let me get the results

Well I didn't update to the latest patch :eek: , performance is great now even in SLI (my single GPU runs were without the update btw)

Ultra 1440p (everything available to max HBAO+ etc etc) 1304Mhz on the cores only

Ha, yeah thinking the same, happy with TX but if Fiji is a good bit faster I will have to try it. Glad SLI is running good for you, impressive performance @ 1440P. Could probably run 4K pretty well with two of these monsters.

Ha, yeah thinking the same, happy with TX but if Fiji is a good bit faster I will have to try it. Glad SLI is running good for you, impressive performance @ 1440P. Could probably run 4K pretty well with two of these monsters.

Yeap, if I recall most things on Ultra with no AA and hairworks is well over 60 FPS.

AA and Hairworks kind of kills it ~40-45FPS

This is what I remember so it might not be 100% accurate.

Well, bored of waiting with Ti stock. So a pair of OcUK Titan X's on the way. Will be under water. Watch this space. :)

Slightly more than GTX980Tis ;) but your in the posh club now.

I got a Zotac (OCUK version) yesterday so your cards should be the same brand. Happy chappy running 2 myself.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
No idea what brand they are. I would want EVGA but they are another £140 or so per card. Pretty sure OcUK won't mind me putting on water blocks.

No idea what brand they are. I would want EVGA but they are another £140 or so per card. Pretty sure OcUK won't mind me putting on water blocks.

No point as they are the same exact cards. Slap a SC bios on the refs and you just saved 150 :)

This has been mentioned before, OCUK are fine aslong as you don't send the card back in a really bad state.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom