• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
When I fitted an AIO to my 980Ti non reference I noticed the whole card was a lot cooler to the touch, before the backplate was almost untouchable (temps ranging from 75-79c under load). The absolute Max I've seen with a Corsair H75 and push pull SP120 quiet editions is 55c, but usually the temps are between 45c and 51c. You should get a 20c drop minimum on a Titan X.

I think an AIO like the EVGA Hybrid should pretty much negate the need for the blower having to deal with the GPU, so theoretically the vrms should run cooler.

Last edited:
Associate
Have they fixed the SLI issues ? I only play Battlefield and I keep getting out of memory crashes after a couple of mins. All is well if I turn off SLI.

Soldato
So after flashing my bios I'm happy with the extra performance and think this is the way I want to run my card 24/7 but temps get up to 84c which I believe it is ok on stock cooling but everything's very loud now and I'm a little worried about the VRam temps.

So who would recommend the Hybrid EVGA cooler?

What would this bring my 84C max temp down by and the noise? Will it help Vram temps?

Also where should I fit it in my case? A B or C? I have a H100i cooler strapped to the top of the case so it can't go there.

And are they out of stock everywhere?

I have the same case as you and run 2xTX. Front is 3xSP120s in, top 2xSP120s in through an H100i, rear in a single AF140 out. I had similar temps with 1 TX as you and tried all sorts of combinations. Best thing to do is a custom fan profile in Afterburner - that gets me never more than 70 on top card and 60 on bottom, even with current summer temps. Its silent at idle and loud at full whack with 30c ambieng. Hope this helps.

Associate
So after flashing my bios I'm happy with the extra performance and think this is the way I want to run my card 24/7 but temps get up to 84c which I believe it is ok on stock cooling but everything's very loud now and I'm a little worried about the VRam temps.

So who would recommend the Hybrid EVGA cooler?

What would this bring my 84C max temp down by and the noise? Will it help Vram temps?

Also where should I fit it in my case? A B or C? I have a H100i cooler strapped to the top of the case so it can't go there.

And are they out of stock everywhere?

I use the Evga AIO in my TX and it never goes above 50c. When gaming it runs around 43-45c and that is boosting to 1410.
I normally leave the blower fan at 26% when gaming and increase it when benching with >1.23 volts.
I use ram heatsinks and smaller heatsinks on the chips on the back and it has brought temps right down. With the heatsinks on it is difficult to get accurate reading with infra-red temp gun but the ram is below 60c and there is one area under the vrms that got up to 77c, with 1.28v at that time,

Associate
Ok pretty much ready to pull the trigger but do I go for 2 now, see how they handle 7860x1440 and then get a 3rd if needed or just get 3 now ?

Read some stuff on SLi being fine but TriSLi having some issues with stutter ?

They will go in the rig on air to start and then be integrated into the water cooling loop replacing 3x 4GB 670's once I sort blocks/backplates out.

Soldato
I got mine properly idling again so I am back to 30C idle, I have to rev my fans up a bit to keep 1500/8000 cool during my longer sessions as I only have a single 120mm radiator but I still keep it below 60C.

20150615_175131_zps8wooa55x.jpg

Not really room to add in a larger radiator :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just ordered the evga 980 AIO to go on my Titan X, those of you guys who have done this am I best following the Titan X AIO instructions or the 980? I guess Titan X

Also for those asking, an EVGA rep confirmed in their thread that the only difference between the 980/980Ti and TX AIOs is just the name on the shroud, they are all interchangeable.

Soldato
I got mine properly idling again so I am back to 30C idle, I have to rev my fans up a bit to keep 1500/8000 cool during my longer sessions as I only have a single 120mm radiator but I still keep it below 60C.

20150615_175131_zps8wooa55x.jpg

Not really room to add in a larger radiator :p

Nice build m8 I bet that was fiddly to get everything in there?

Soldato
There is a VERY specific build order now the loop is constructed lol, but getting that last line from the GPU that heads back into the case to the far connection on the radiator was a pain to get just right.

Well if you must build your PC in a bread bin...:D

Touche :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a selling forum on here as I'm looking to sell my TX?

The members market is provided as a free service to active and contributing forum members. OcUK are not liable for any deals that are done in the Members Market, you are free to buy and sell at your own risk. Please read the rules of the Members Market before you proceed to make your first sale.

Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Once you satisfy both of these criteria, Members Market access will be granted within 24hrs. Please do not post on the forums asking why you cannot access the members market, if you have any queries, email one of the forum Dons/Admins. The contact addresses are available in the FAQ. There is no buying, or selling allowed outside of the Members Market.

Back
Top Bottom